Rachel72

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Halifax, Revelation 17 and 18 is refering to two things. First to a religion that is established by the false prophet and made specifically to worship the Antichrist and his teachings at the time the antichrist is alive. In essence, it is a religion that has yet to be established. The Roman Catholic Church is already established, pre-tribulation, so it can't possibly be it. THe second thing Revelation 18 is addressing is an economic system. Notice how Babylon falls twice, once by the sword of the antichrist (him destroying the religion) and a second time by the hand of God (the collapse of economic babylon). It is not refering to the Roman Catholic church at all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/10/1975

hm. a true christian believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior. the bible says if you say Jesus is Lord and call on the name of Christ that you are saved. Anybody that says jesus is lord is saved.(and really truley believes it)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

hm. a true christian believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior. the bible says if you say Jesus is Lord and call on the name of Christ that you are saved. Anybody that says jesus is lord is saved.(and really truley believes it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then how do you explain Matthew 7:15 - 23 :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

In response to Super Jews comments, lets see if he is right about Revelation 17 and 18:

"And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."-17:5

To be the MOTHER of abominations of the earth, I'd think it likely one would have to be a little older than 7 years (tribulation period).

"The beast that thou sawest...WAS, and is not, and yet is."-17:8

The Roman Empire/Roman Church WAS, then crumbled into various kingdoms (see Daniel ch.2), and YET IS (Revived Roman Empire/European Union).

"Here is the mind which hath WISDOM. The seven heads (of the beast) are SEVEN MOUNTAINS, on which the woman sitteth."-17:9

Rome is surrounded by exactly 7 hills. Do a google search my friends.

"And the woman which thou sawest is that GREAT CITY, which (historically) reigneth over the kings of the earth."-17:18

Only one city has historically reigned over the kings of the earth (in New Testament times)...ROME. Anyone want to argue that???

"...Babylon the great is...become the habitation of devils, and the hold of EVERY foul spirit, and a cage of EVERY unclean and hateful bird."-18:2

EVERY means EVERY...that means islam, etc. These religions are all OLDER THAN 7 YEARS.

"For...God hath REMEMBERED her iniquities."-18:5

This verse implies that her iniquities are much OLDER THAN 7 YEARS. Please read context.

"Reward her even as she REWARDED (PAST, NOT PRESENT) you..."-18:6

"How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously...for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow..."-18:7

The tribulation period will be far from a time of delicious living as we all know. When did she live gloriously??? For 2000 years plus my dear friends.

"...The kings of the earth, who have (past) committed fornication and lived deliciously with ehr, shall bewail her..."-18:9

The kings of the earth...hmmmm.

"...Alas, alas (finally) that GREAT CITY BABYLON...thy judgement is come."-18:10

The mystery of who babylon here is being referred to was revealed in 17:9. This verse is speaking of Rome, see 17:18 again. Notice the wording John used, ALAS ALAS, or FINALLY FINALLY. This implies a longer reign than 7 years.

"The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones...and SOULS OF MEN."-18:12.13

You know of any other churches that sell indulgences and make peasants pay for masses for their loved ones lost in an imaginary purgatory???

"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of ALL THAT WERE SLAIN UPON THE EARTH."-18:24

You'd have to be older than 7 years to fulfill that biggie.

"And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration (I wonder why?)"-17:6

Finally, my friends, hearken if you have ears to hear:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins..."-18:4

The Word has spoken, now let the Holy Spirit...

Guest 2ndchance

Assisi:

Thank you for those wonderful words of encouragement and faith. I envy your ability to speak of the Catholic faith so well. Obviously you understand the gift we as Catholics share are are called to share with those of all faith denominations.

God's love and blessings,

Kimberly

Guest Brotherman

:unsure:

Amen to so many of the posts... Very wise words...

Love as He is LOVE as we are completely and always chasing after His love is an anwer we must alwasy hold on to...

The Brotherman