• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there

why is is that no church teaches absolute obedience to God...as Paul said we come to God believing He exists...that is what the Gospels about...Jesus taught his disciples to abandon everything and walk to God in accordance with the Law

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/8/2019 at 10:27 AM, Naomi1 said:

Jesus taught his disciples to abandon everything and walk to God in accordance with the Law

Is that why the crowds of Jews and chief priest joined  in  shouting  to Governor Pilate give us Barabbas?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do suggest that my Lord and savior did not teach that I should give up everything. He did ask  of a rich young man to set aside his concerns over his father's estate even before his father was dead and to come with him. The man  felt he could not do so, but that does not teach me that I am also called to do the very same. There is a principle taught there, and it is taught and repeated often within local bodies of Christ Jesus. That being to do all that is done to the glory of God, no matter what one is doing.

Many of us are called to drop or suspend what we are presently doing, and to go  to  other places and take up a task  for reasons not even known as we do it. Absolutely every local body of Christ I have known  gathers together in support of those among us so called. We offer sacrificially financial support and  company and labor in the endeavor. 

May I encourage you to pay about going  at the very next call from your own local body, and to be prepared by saving u for the financial need  of that endeavor, and also to give  generously to others as they too go?

Hear the call?  Go! hear the need?  Give! There are both calls and needs today. Listen carefully when at  the local body  with brothers and sisters in Christ worshipping and serving  our Lord and savior Jesus.

Be alert to the idea that when you personally become aware and hear the call that it is for you, not for another.  Hopefully He will give you a jingle very soon and you will be ready to go  at that moment without hesitation. Amen

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, Naomi1 said:

Hi there

why is is that no church teaches absolute obedience to God...as Paul said we come to God believing He exists...that is what the Gospels about...Jesus taught his disciples to abandon everything and walk to God in accordance with the Law

Jesus never said churches would obey the Father.    Rather,  they disobey,  yet claim to be 'right'.

The true Ekklesia?   Look FIRST in Scripture - they ALWAYS obey the Father, and if they stumble/ sin/ fail/ disobey,  they are chastised, scourged, disciplines, corrected.

Churches do not like that.   They fail.  They disobey.  They lead multitudes astray.   They hate the LIGHT! ? !

Thus,  only A feW,  EVER MAKE IT.  oNLY those who give up everything to be His permanent disciples.  Few,  not many.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

And yet,  according to all Scripture,  most all the world perishes.  Never, not ever, no never converted.  Never saved.  Never seeking God.