• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Sunday 12-22-19, Kislev 25, 5780 1st. day of the weekly cycle, 2nd. Winter day,

Background Information on Peter and John. In this miracle, Peter and John heal a lame man. The lame man was a beggar. Being a beggar was a miserable life. There was no system at the time that provided for disabled or elderly people. They depended entirely on their family and friends and gifts from kind people.

Acts 3:1-11 (KJV)

Peter Heals The Lame Man:

1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

11 And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering.

Acts 4:1-4 (KJV)

Peter and John Are Put Into Custody:

1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,

2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.

4 Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

Regardless if I don't see miracles like this today, I will chose to believe that God performs miracles and uses his people is these wonderful amazing ways. I am open to his will in my life, and I will continue to pray for and lay hands on the sick. This message today was encouraging to me, because my husband has MS and his health has declined, but praise God he is the same and he does perform miracles today and he does still heal the sick! Thank you guys!