• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

It seems that you aren't aware of church history.

I'm not a Church historian if that's what you are asking.  But, I do know a sufficient Church history to respond. However, my question to you was how much Rome has made from the "purgatory devise" and how does this scheme work? Do you care to inform us?

JoeT

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Seeing as how you're a Catholic, @JoeT, I'm astounded that you possess the nerve to poke and prod others over the RCC's many sins. Surely you know them for yourself. How did Rome make mountains of moolah from their captive peoples all over the world? One was way was through indulgences, JoeT. Those indulgences help lessen the work someone has to do to be forgiven of sins and of course this also applied to purgatory, that place invented for the love of filthy lucre. You, too, can pay to have your uncle forgiven more swiftly in purgatory! 

:red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

I'm astonished also.  Please feel free to enlighten us. Where is this mountains of moolah? Is it more than Kenneth Copeland's reported $760 million? Or, is it more than Pat Robertson's $100 million; Benny Henn's poultry $45 million; Joel Olsteen's . . . , Rick Warren . . . ?

added: Oh, I forgot to ask, how much does the church charge for and indulgence? And what does it do for you?

added another thought: I thought the topic was 'purgatory'?

JoeT

Edited by JoeT
added question.
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

If we are getting off topic let me have a shot at it. I have known many who are Catholic. Many of them put the Pope right up there with Jesus Christ. It is very sad. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

The popes, vis a vis the presently washed-up former tyrants of Europe? Verily the pontiff's garments alone, if duly seized and then auctioned, would fetch a hefty sum which could feed the hungry and shelter the homeless. His popemobile is an armored fortress... so much for the power of prayer?  :noidea:

So you are saying that Clown Outfits are fetching a pretty-penny these days? I have always wondered what these Lard Butts would look like in a normal shirt and pair of Levi’s ......