Feeling worthless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This sounds similar to the "confidence" issue raised by Kiwi, just written differently:  it seems to be CONFIDENCE.  Confidence as a person/God's child.

Maybe it's satan dogging us all and wearing us down.

(like I suggested to Kiwi, you may have to put this in "Issues for Debate" to get a response)

God bless!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Angels,

God bless you...I hope the feelings soon pass.  I understand completely.  I think Rebel Child has a point-must be satan or something working on our minds/self-worth.  (and, yes, Rebel--it's along the same lines--thanks for pointing that out).

I hope someone responds for you with verses.  Kiwi   :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I know how you feel. My self esteem often takes a beating. (<sigh> so is the life of a high school student. :rofl::) ) Hope this helps.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Angels, this may sound silly, but how long since you just let yourself have some fun? No guilt, no pressure, no worries, no obligations; just a day or two of FUN.

It can totally change your perspective!

Also, this sounds infantile I'm sure, but just change your mindset. (DON"T say that you can't!!!) When the negative thoughts come, do not allow them to stay. Satan is using your low self-esteem right now to put a wedge between you and God. Phooey on him--he can only get cha if you invite him in. Slam that door on his toe and make a list of all the things you're blessed with. Start with your pretty hair, go to your sense of humor, add in your husband, the fact that you will have dinner tonight, everything. If you're still blue after that, go out and play some football!

Of course, pray all the while. :thumb:

Guest GloryaRose

Angelsfire..........

If the pychological help you have recieved has not helped...

perhaps you could look elsewhere for help.

Once I was depressed, and suffered anxiety attacks and was iven medication for it. It helped for awhile, but after awhile the medication seemed to make me unable to feel anything much at all. It worked with controlling the anxiety and depression...but the side effect was that I just did not have much interest in anything...and could not really respond to positive feelings as intensely...like not being able to feel myself having any feelings.

The words you use to describe how you are feeling sound alot like where I was at then....does my former situation sound at all similar to yours...?