• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 3/3/2020 at 12:17 PM, dhchristian said:

As Many of you can clearly see by the responses here, the Glasses one looks through of the evidences of these events will determine whether you see the Truth of the Word of God, Or if you Oppose the Truth of the Word of God. When One has their evolutionist glasses on you can show them a mountain of evidence and they will dismiss it and dwell on the one minor disagreement such as the symbol for Mouth in the Chinese characters. By Going after that one miniscule disagreement he can ignore the whole set of evidence. Just for All of you, if you searched the other video I recommended, there was a Chinese man teaching this, to a Chinese audience in Singapore. If there was a glaring error it would have been addressed by the audience or the translator who translated the Speech into Chinese. (Hence the reason why the video was too long to post here). If you have not looked up that video, please do look it up as it is much more thorough. 

Those who are truly in Christ Jesus would rejoice at hearing such evidence, but those with ulterior motives only come to oppose the Truth of the Word of God from being written down. As Far as I am concerned, the responses here from The barbarian show his real allegiances. He is a wolf among the sheep just as the LORD showed me when I first interacted with him, and as others have warned of here. The Lord Jesus will Rebuke him, Not me, as vengeance Belongs to God almighty and one day he will regret his words written here standing in front of the almighty Judge.

How true the Words of Jude ring here. I wrote this post to share of our common salvation and to glorify God who is revealing to us the Truth of the events of scripture with evidence and it ends up being a post where I have to contend for the faith from those who have crept in unawares. Sad isn't it?

I Will leave this open to any who want to seriously comment on this topic. There are mountains of evidence and the genetic evidence presented here is astounding when one calculates the odds of this occurring by chance.

Just ignore the troll and he will go away. Do Not respond to him, or be suckered into replying to his outrageous comment such as the one three comments above this one which is straight out of the mouth of the adversary.

God Bless.  

I'm really enjoying your posts, and they go along with the Ken Ham books I am currently reading, which makes a lot of sense.  I wish I had known all this in the 1970s when I was sharing the gospel with atheists as part our our coffee bar ministry.

• Group:  Senior Member

On 3/6/2020 at 10:27 PM, The Barbarian said:

YE creationists disagree with you:

Of Darwinism’s four stratomorphic intermediate expectations, that of the commonness of inter-specific stratomorphic intermediates has been the most disappointing for classical Darwinists. The current lack of any certain inter-specific stratomorphic intermediates has, of course, led to the development and increased acceptance of punctuated equilibrium theory. Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation — of stratomorphic intermediate species — include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation — of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates — has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacodontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation — of stratomorphic series — has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact. It certainly CANNOT be said that traditional creation theory expected (predicted) any of these fossil finds.

YE creationist Dr. Kurt Wise.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0e4d/0ab89242a5ddc40a8a74fc53361861fbcabf.pdf

Evolution is not a theory in crisis. It is not teetering on the verge of collapse. It has not failed as a scientific explanation. There is evidence for evolution, gobs and gobs of it. It is not just speculation or a faith choice or an assumption or a religion. It is a productive framework for lots of biological research, and it has amazing explanatory power. There is no conspiracy to hide the truth about the failure of evolution. There has really been no failure of evolution as a scientific theory. It works, and it works well.

I say these things not because I'm crazy or because I've "converted" to evolution. I say these things because they are true. I'm motivated this morning by reading yet another clueless, well-meaning person pompously declaring that evolution is a failure. People who say that are either unacquainted with the inner workings of science or unacquainted with the evidence for evolution.

YE Creationist Dr. Todd Wood

http://toddcwood.blogspot.com/2009/09/truth-about-evolution.html

This was one of Darwin's predictions in On The Origin of Species.    It also fits the observed data, showing that unusual species are often found in small populations in out-of-the-way places.   The process is not surprising.  

1. population is isolated in a new environment.

2. Natural selection makes the population more fit.

3. When fitness increases, evolution slows down or stops.

This matches observed cases.    One of the reasons this works, is the "founder effect", the likelihood that a smaller population will have less diversity, and therefore will tend to diverge from the larger populations more rapidly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founder_effect

Denying the modern revision of YE creationism, is not denying God.    It's denying changes fallible men have made to scripture.

All this is man's addition to scripture, which does not support any of it.   Nor is there any scientific evidence that the amount of solar radiation could change life spans to 10% of what they had been before.   It's just a story people insert into God's word to make it more acceptable to them.

/

In the rock layers of the Grand Canyon, when we move down below the top erosion layer, we see a layer in which there are the fossil records, many fish fossils show instant death in the middle of feeding on smaller fish, rather than the fish dying of natural causes.  When we go below that layer, we see a dense clay layer which shows deposit caused by a serious flood. 

This same flood layer has been discovered in rock formations in Ireland, and in the Middle East, and in other places where similar rock layers have been found with a fossil layer above the dense clay layer.  Underneath the clay layer, there is nothing right down to the lowest layer which is the base layer that was there when the world was originally created. 

It is significant that there are no fossils of any kind below the dense clay layer.   If fish, sea life and animals existed millions of years before Noah's flood, we should see further fossil remains of millions of creatures plus human and part-human bones.  but we don't see them because they were never there.   

Therefore, the fossil layer above the dense clay layer is the total record of all the sea and animal life that existed at the time of the Flood, and were washed by the Flood all over the globe, hence being found near the top of Mt Everest and the Andes mountains.  This also suggests that Mt Everest and the Andes mountains did not exist before the Flood, but were thrust upward by the powerful and cataclysmic forces produced by the Flood.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:30 PM, dhchristian said:

bump

We know, through careful study, research and reading, that YE is truth, and that Genesis is literal history, and Noah's flood really did happen.   All these are foundational to the true gospel of Christ.  We can post our information in our own words without having to cut and paste evolutionist jibber jabber in red text to try and prove something we don't have to prove at all.  God said it, and we believe it, period.   If our critics want to believe a lot of evolutionist malarkey, dreamed up after something they smoked, then that is up to them, and one day they will have to give an account for it at the judgment, especially when they have taught it to others, producing multitudes of atheists and agnostics through their false teaching.   But as for me and my house, we believe the book of Genesis as literally history and that's that!

On 3/7/2020 at 4:34 AM, The Barbarian said:

No assumptions necessary.  Facts are required.   And as you see, the facts, such as the large number of transitional fossils cited by your fellow YE creationists, indicate common descent, and are "very good evidence for macroevolutionary theory."  (Dr. Wise's words) 

Wise still prefers to go with his interpretation of scripture, but he's honest enough to admit what the evidence is, as is Dr. Wood, who also acknoweldges that the evidence does support evolution.

Not if one is honest enough to acknowledge the facts.   As you see, honest and informed creationists admit that the evidence supports evolutionary theory,even if they prefer to believe their interpretation of scripture instead.

Evolution is not fact.  It is the unborn idea of Darwin as a young man (as he himself said), which he rejected later in life.  Atheists took it up to come up with their dreamed up ideas to try and keep the God of the Bible out of the picture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Paul James said:

Evolution is not fact. 

It's directly observed to happen.   Maybe you don't know what "evolution" means in biology.   What do you think it means?

It is the unborn idea of Darwin as a young man (as he himself said), which he rejected later in life.

That's an old myth, even most creationist organizations now admit that it's a lie or completely unproven.  From Answers in Genesis:

With the magazine’s rebuttal of the Lady Hope story, AiG merely wanted to equip and serve believers with solid apologetics teaching and not to use false arguments—which only cause knowledgeable evolutionists to easily dismiss the creationists as being ignorant and shallow-thinking. Frankly, it is a form of “bearing false witness” when Christians use an unfounded argument, even if their ultimate goal is right, such as a desire to undermine the Darwinian worldview, and their motive sincere. We will do a disservice to our witness for Christ if we knowingly use bad arguments, even if those arguments are used in an attempt to support the truth of the Bible. All believers need to be discerning in separating truth from fiction so that they honor God’s Word with their arguments.

We trust you are not one of the many well-intentioned people who have been distributing a witnessing booklet that uses this Lady Hope/Darwin legend to defend the historicity of Genesis. Please cease, and instead use other far-more-effective witnessing booklets and pocket guides

https://answersingenesis.org/charles-darwin/darwins-deathbed-confession-a-myth/

Atheists took it up to come up with their dreamed up ideas to try and keep the God of the Bible out of the picture.

That seems unlikely, since Darwin himself assumed that God created the first living things:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species, 1872

If our critics want to believe a lot of evolutionist malarkey, dreamed up after something they smoked, then that is up to them, and one day they will have to give an account for it at the judgment, especially when they have taught it to others, producing multitudes of atheists and agnostics through their false teaching.   But as for me and my house, we believe the book of Genesis as literally history and that's that!

You've been badly misled about this.   God doesn't care you approve of the way He created things, or if you don't.  That's not how you will be judged.   While it is true that YE creationism is a great atheist-maker, you won't be held to account for that, unless you make a idol of your new doctrines, and insist that they must be believed for one to be saved.

It is significant that there are no fossils of any kind below the dense clay layer.   If fish, sea life and animals existed millions of years before Noah's flood, we should see further fossil remains of millions of creatures plus human and part-human bones.  but we don't see them because they were never there.   

You've been misled about that, too.   The Ediacaran formation is Precambrian, and shows multitudes of complex organisms including animals.  Would you like to learn about that?

On 3/2/2020 at 5:17 PM, dhchristian said:

Those who are truly in Christ Jesus would rejoice at hearing such evidence, but those with ulterior motives only come to oppose the Truth of the Word of God from being written down. As Far as I am concerned, the responses here from The barbarian show his real allegiances. He is a wolf among the sheep just as the LORD showed me when I first interacted with him, and as others have warned of here. The Lord Jesus will Rebuke him, Not me, as vengeance Belongs to God almighty and one day he will regret his words written here standing in front of the almighty Judge.

You are not God, nor are your new opinions the word of God.   While Christians may differ as to the meaning of His word, it is neither Christian nor honest to represent other Christians who differ with you as "wolves among sheep."  

Someday you will stand before God, and when the book is opened and your works are examined, are you prepared to justify your accusations to Him?    Think about it and try to do better.

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

It's directly observed to happen.   Maybe you don't know what "evolution" means in biology.   What do you think it means?

That's an old myth, even most creationist organizations now admit that it's a lie or completely unproven.  From Answers in Genesis:

With the magazine’s rebuttal of the Lady Hope story, AiG merely wanted to equip and serve believers with solid apologetics teaching and not to use false arguments—which only cause knowledgeable evolutionists to easily dismiss the creationists as being ignorant and shallow-thinking. Frankly, it is a form of “bearing false witness” when Christians use an unfounded argument, even if their ultimate goal is right, such as a desire to undermine the Darwinian worldview, and their motive sincere. We will do a disservice to our witness for Christ if we knowingly use bad arguments, even if those arguments are used in an attempt to support the truth of the Bible. All believers need to be discerning in separating truth from fiction so that they honor God’s Word with their arguments.

We trust you are not one of the many well-intentioned people who have been distributing a witnessing booklet that uses this Lady Hope/Darwin legend to defend the historicity of Genesis. Please cease, and instead use other far-more-effective witnessing booklets and pocket guides

https://answersingenesis.org/charles-darwin/darwins-deathbed-confession-a-myth/

That seems unlikely, since Darwin himself assumed that God created the first living things:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.

Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species, 1872

Evolution is a religious cult, just like any other non-Christian cult.  It is nowhere near a science.  Because atheistic evolutionists resist the Holy Spirit, God has deliberately sent them the delusion, so that they will not see the glorious gospel of Christ and will perish in their sin and rebellion against Him.

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

You've been badly misled about this.   God doesn't care you approve of the way He created things, or if you don't.  That's not how you will be judged.   While it is true that YE creationism is a great atheist-maker, you won't be held to account for that, unless you make a idol of your new doctrines, and insist that they must be believed for one to be saved.

This is God's word for you to take careful notice, because this is God's judgment against all those who rebel against God, and this includes those who teach atheistic evolution:

"And with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness" (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).

I know that you will not accept this, because you are caught up in the powerful evolution deception that God has sent those who refuse to believe what God has plainly said in His Word.

• Well Said! 1