• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Some one quoted:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifices for sins."-Hebrews 10:26

I believe that this verse is speaking to Jews who were under the Law. The writer here is telling them that, if after they heard of the coming of the Messiah, if they CONTINUED to sacrifice lambs under the Old Testament Law and IGNORED or DISREGARDED the fact that Messiah had come, then there would be no more sacrifice for sins for them under the Old Covenant.

Hebrews 6 is very clear on the matter. If you get saved, you can't lose it, get it, lose it, get it...because you NEVER LOST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

God is faithful.

Edited by halifaxchristian

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifices for sins."-Hebrews 10:26

I believe that this verse is speaking to Jews who were under the Law. The writer here is telling them that, if after they heard of the coming of the Messiah, if they CONTINUED to sacrifice lambs under the Old Testament Law and IGNORED or DISREGARDED the fact that Messiah had come, then there would be no more sacrifice for sins for them under the Old Covenant.

I thought Hebrews was after the gospels of MMLJ. :24:

And chapter 10 comes after chapter 6. Why jump back and forth between ideas. That text in chapter 10 is talking to whoever reads it including you and I. If you sin after you have a knowledge of truth then there remains no sacrifice for sins. No need to add interpretation, or what i think/believe. You said time and again you only respect the word and not opinions so there you have it. :24:

BTW....i just proof read what i wrote and it sounded kinda condescending. My apologizes, okay. :24: I just wanted to get my point across. I still respect ya bro. :24:

I thought Hebrews was after the gospels of MMLJ. :24:

And chapter 10 comes after chapter 6. Why jump back and forth between ideas. That text in chapter 10 is talking to whoever reads it including you and I. If you sin after you have a knowledge of truth then there remains no sacrifice for sins. No need to add interpretation, or what i think/believe. You said time and again you only respect the word and not opinions so there you have it. :24:

BTW....i just proof read what i wrote and it sounded kinda condescending. My apologizes, okay. :24: I just wanted to get my point across. I still respect ya bro. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who hasn't sinned wilfully after we got saved? :24: Come on, let's face it. Did we lose our salvation because of the cookie we stole from the jar? :24: I'm adding humour here, but I hope you get my point. The context seems clear to me and I stand by what I stated above. I do not pretend to be infallible in my interpretations...I am growing in grace and knowledge every day now. My "i believe" statement is one of humility and humbleness...(that doesn't sound very humble does it? :24: ) Anyway, God bless you...and I still respect you too bro!!! :24:

Edited by halifaxchristian

I don't think that if you sin after being saved that you've lost anything because a truly saved person would ask his Lord and Savior for forgiveness. But, if you know that what you want to do is wrong and you do it anyways knowing it is against the Father's will and you still don't care and do it anyway.....(skkkk) Houston, WE HAVE A PROBLEM :24: . Salvation is to be set free from sin. And although we're still sinners saved by Grace, we can't continue to act the way we were before we were saved. I think God expects more from us. Yes we will fall sometimes, but you can't look at a hole in the walkway and diliberately walk into it knowing before hand the consequences. Hope I cleared up my side a little more. :24:

I don't think that if you sin after being saved that you've lost anything because a truly saved person would ask his Lord and Savior for forgiveness.  But,  if you know that what you want to do is wrong and you do it anyways knowing it is against the Father's will and you still don't care and do it anyway.....(skkkk) Houston, WE HAVE A PROBLEM :24: .  Salvation is to be set free from sin.  And although we're still sinners saved by Grace, we can't continue to act the way we were before we were saved.  I think God expects more from us. Yes we will fall sometimes, but you can't look at a hole in the walkway and diliberately walk into it knowing before hand the consequences.  Hope I cleared up my side a little more. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob, I've walked into many holes in the sidewalk let me tell you. Actually, I've jumped into them, climbed out, and then did a belly-flop back in again. I don't mean to make a mockery of the seriousness of my former actions, but i am trying to keep this conversation light-hearted. Do you believe that I lost my salvation? Yes or no? :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well I think what it really comes down to is Christian behavior, and our flesh and its infection of sin battling against the Spirit.

Paul said that this struggle would be present within Christians. The important part is the struggle, we don't gain victory over our flesh, but we should be gaining ground. (Flesh in the biblical sense, not just flesh).

But I think people want to know how to act, how to behave, the ure at large particularly in the industrialized countries including the US often accepts and applauds things which are in direct opposition to Christ's Word and commandments, thus it IS easy to be confused and to fall into everyday sin.

Things like divorce and remarriage, abortion, pre-marital , materialism, greed, pride, violence, cheating, lying, , etc. all infect our world and always have infected our world, so we must do battle, but we also must call out these things for what the Word of God says about them.

The question is, is there some sort of tipping point for sin, where we go to far? The answer is no, as long as we draw breath we can be saved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Amen smal

Jesus said eternal life.. he paid our full price on the cross.. if we can loose our salvation.. then his death wasn't enough..

Do you believe that I lost my salvation? Yes or no?

In my opinion no. I only know about you what I've read and what you've posted. I'm not God so I can't make that assumption. But if you have some secret sin that you aren't willing to give up, then God have mercy because you can't enter the kingdom holding on to sin. Many of us come under the category of ....."Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.." the bible says "... from such turn away." I wrestle with God each day because I know that as a sinner, I'm prone to do wrong. But the salvation that he provided on the cross gives me Grace to do the things that are mentioned in

Titus 2:11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

:whistling:

I have committed sins while being a Christian that I am ashamed to even say to the people on this board...and you guys don't even know me. That says something doesn't it? I knew those sins were wrong before I did them and while I did them...and I repeatedly did them over and over. I have only confessed the gravest one to 2 loyal friends and of course the Lord. I know that I must reap what I have sowed. I am fully responsible for my evil actions. It is by the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed.

However, I do firmly believe that Jesus Christ held on to me tightly, interceding for me, throughout all of those dark days and years. I love Him because He first loved me. I serve Jesus Christ because of His goodness, love, and tendermercies and faithfulness...not because I am scared He will send me off into hell or will forsake me. And, that, my friends...is love so great that I cannot even comprehend it. But I believe it. Truly, I see through a dark glass...sometimes I thank God for that because I would break down emotionally if I fully grasped His Divine love for me.

God bless.

To all of you who know what I am talking about, have been where I was, or are at where I was...JESUS NEVER LEFT...even though you did...come back my friend, the fatted calf awaits!!!

I have committed sins while being a Christian that I am ashamed to even say to the people on this board...and you guys don't even know me. That says something doesn't it? I knew those sins were wrong before I did them and while I did them...and I repeatedly did them over and over. I have only confessed the gravest one to 2 loyal friends and of course the Lord. I know that I must reap what I have sowed. I am fully responsible for my evil actions. It is by the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed.

However, I do firmly believe that Jesus Christ held on to me tightly, interceding for me, throughout all of those dark days and years. I love Him because He first loved me. I serve Jesus Christ because of His goodness, love, and tendermercies and faithfulness...not because I am scared He will send me off into hell or will forsake me. And, that, my friends...is love so great that I cannot even comprehend it. But I believe it. Truly, I see through a dark glass...sometimes I thank God for that because I would break down emotionally if I fully grasped His Divine love for me.

God bless.

To all of you who know what I am talking about, have been where I was, or are at where I was...JESUS NEVER LEFT...even though you did...come back my friend, the fatted calf awaits!!!

AMEN BRO!!! :) You're speaking my testimony. The thing you stated that I want to re-emphasize is that Christ doesn't let go. And if we choose not to harken his calling us to repentance when we do fall, then you're being a christian is null and void UNLESS you listen to that still small voice calling you back to your burden bearer. :o