• Content Count:  4,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Saturday 5-9-20, Iyar 15 5780, 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 51th. Spring day

Day 30 of the Omer, Gevurah of Hod: Discipline in Humility
Psalm One Twenty Seven:1-5, Exodus Sixteen:7-10

Psalm One Twenty Seven:1-5
1Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain. 2In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for he grants sleep to those he loves.

3Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. 4Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. 5Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.

Exodus Sixteen 7-10
7and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" 8Moses also said, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."

9Then Moses told Aaron, "Say to the entire Israelite community, 'Come before the LORD, for he has heard your grumbling.'" 10While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of the LORD appearing in the cloud.

Humility must be disciplined and focused. When should my humility cause me to compromise and when not? In the name of humility do I sometimes remain silent and neutral in the face of wickedness? Humility must also include respect and awe for the person or experience before whom you stand humble. If my humility is wanting, is it because I don't respect another?

Exercise for the day: Focus in on your reluctance to commit in a given area to see if it originates from a healthy, humble place.

If interested in the subject:

https://www.studylight.org/commentary/psalms/127-1.html

1. 'Unless the Lord Builds the House, the Builders Labor In ...
    https://www.christianpost.com/cartoon/unless-the...
    Psalm 127:1 says, "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain" (NIV). This scripture is saying that it is not by our power, but by the grace of God through the work of His Holy Spirit, that we change and grow in life. It doesn't really matter what our strengths or weaknesses are because we will always need God.
  2. Unless God Works, We Work in Vain | Desiring God
    https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/unless-god-works-we-work-in-vain
    • God Does Nothing, and We Do Everything?
    • God Does Everything, and We Do Nothing?
    • God Does Everything, and We Do something.
    Some people live this way by conviction. Believing there’s no God, they’re compelled to take full responsibility. Others simply live this way in practice. Lots of Christians are practical atheists: faced with a problem, we instinctively turn to ourselves to fix it.Several years ago, my young son Samuel and I attempted to inflate the rubber tires of our baby stroller. Although Samuel clearly needed my help to operate the bicycle pump, he was …
    See more on desiringgod.org

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Walter and Deborah said:

1Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.

Yes, this verse says so much..Anything that self does is profitless and useless..Only those things done by God or His Divine nature in us, has standing before Him...Such a deep and freeing truth indeed....

Be blessed as we see deeper into this truth..

A fellow believer, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

1 hour ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Saturday 5-9-20, Iyar 15 5780, 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 51th. Spring day

Day 30 of the Omer, Gevurah of Hod: Discipline in Humility
Psalm One Twenty Seven:1-5, Exodus Sixteen:7-10

Psalm One Twenty Seven:1-5
1Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain. 2In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for he grants sleep to those he loves.

3Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. 4Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. 5Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.

Exodus Sixteen 7-10
7and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" 8Moses also said, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."

9Then Moses told Aaron, "Say to the entire Israelite community, 'Come before the LORD, for he has heard your grumbling.'" 10While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of the LORD appearing in the cloud.

Humility must be disciplined and focused. When should my humility cause me to compromise and when not? In the name of humility do I sometimes remain silent and neutral in the face of wickedness? Humility must also include respect and awe for the person or experience before whom you stand humble. If my humility is wanting, is it because I don't respect another?

Exercise for the day: Focus in on your reluctance to commit in a given area to see if it originates from a healthy, humble place.

If interested in the subject:

1. 'Unless the Lord Builds the House, the Builders Labor In ...
    https://www.christianpost.com/cartoon/unless-the...
    Psalm 127:1 says, "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain" (NIV). This scripture is saying that it is not by our power, but by the grace of God through the work of His Holy Spirit, that we change and grow in life. It doesn't really matter what our strengths or weaknesses are because we will always need God.
  2. Unless God Works, We Work in Vain | Desiring God
    https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/unless-god-works-we-work-in-vain
    • God Does Nothing, and We Do Everything?
    • God Does Everything, and We Do Nothing?
    • God Does Everything, and We Do something.
    Some people live this way by conviction. Believing there’s no God, they’re compelled to take full responsibility. Others simply live this way in practice. Lots of Christians are practical atheists: faced with a problem, we instinctively turn to ourselves to fix it.Several years ago, my young son Samuel and I attempted to inflate the rubber tires of our baby stroller. Although Samuel clearly needed my help to operate the bicycle pump, he was …
    See more on desiringgod.org

Love always, Walter and Debbie

1 Corinthians 3:10-15

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Matthew 7:24-27 

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 

25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 

27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Only by Christ’s faith within us can we have a firm foundation in to build a solid foundation our house upon: This is the eternal anchor of our soul!!?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50

12 minutes ago, Not me said:

Yes, this verse says so much..Anything that self does is profitless and useless..Only those things done by God or His Divine nature in us, has standing before Him...Such a deep and freeing truth indeed....

Be blessed as we see deeper into this truth..

A fellow believer, Not me 

Amen

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50

10 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

1 Corinthians 3:10-15

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Matthew 7:24-27 

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 

25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 

27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Only by Christ’s faith within us can we have a firm foundation in to build a solid foundation our house upon: This is the eternal anchor of our soul!!?

Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17

Unless the Lord builds the house , We are to labour in partnership with him. Without me, you can do nothing.

• This is Worthy 1