IGNORED

Burning Man

George

Guest Jipsah

You know something that reminds me of an article I was reading about Wiccans being angry at the Catholic church for stealing their title of Diana "Queen of Heaven" and giving it to Mary.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, Teri, I don't have any information about this.  This are just my own experiences.  I can give you Biblical references that argue against taking on pagan practices for any reason, but give me time and I will.  Hanakkah is not one of the feasts given by G-d to His people, but there is evidence in the NT Yeshua celebrated this holiday.  There's nothing wrong with it.  We do because it's fun!  I'll talk more about it in Messianic Judaism, but first I want to get through the appointed feasts before I start posting on the Jewish made up holidays.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Pagan holidays centered around the solstice were around before Christianities Christmas. That's why the organizers celebrated Christ's birth around the winter solstice and his resurrection the spring solstice. It made it easier to convert pagans(mainly the followers of Mithraism).

Prime#

Guest Jipsah

Pagan holidays centered around the solstice were around before Christianities Christmas. That's why the organizers celebrated Christ's birth around the winter solstice and his resurrection the spring solstice. It made it easier to convert pagans(mainly the followers of Mithraism).

I don't really care about that, though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

I would guess the followers of Mithra felt as you do at one point Jipsah.

Prime#

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Jipsah thanks I put yule in as a keyword and hit a load of information. It only makes sense that a holiday that started in pagan traditions would turn into a materialistic orgy. Don't you think?

Love in Christ

Teri

Guest Jipsah
Jipsah thanks I put yule in as a keyword and hit a load of information. It only makes sense that a holiday that started in pagan traditions would turn into a materialistic orgy. Don't you think?
Pagans will be pagans, I reckon.

Guest Jipsah

I would guess the followers of Mithra felt as you do at one point Jipsah.
 You kinda lost me on that one.  Followers of Mithra worshipped Mithra, who didn't exist.  I worship God, Who most certainly does exist.  I don't really see any parallels there.