• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

The first commandment from the Ten Commandments is as follows:

Exodus 20:1:6

1And God spake all these words, saying, 2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

How many people are not obeying this commandment?

i personally think that lots of people are not obeying it. 

What do the rest of you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

Hello Ervin,

When Jesus Christ was resurrected from the grave after 3 days, we were set free from the law of Moses and we are now under by the grace of God, especially for those who received Jesus and Lord & Savior.

Remember the law kills but grace and truth can gives you eternal life.

Referring to your question>>How many people are not obeying this commandment? 

* No one can obey because it is a law and no one can fulfill the law except Jesus Christ.

Since your Thread is citing about Idolatry the below scripture is related.

Galatians 5:16-26 NKJV "Walking in the Spirit"

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,  envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Edited by Refresher

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

5 hours ago, Ervin P said:

The first commandment from the Ten Commandments is as follows:

Exodus 20:1:6

1And God spake all these words, saying, 2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

How many people are not obeying this commandment?

i personally think that lots of people are not obeying it. 

What do the rest of you think?

The first thing to realise, is that it is only those who are under that law who can disobey it.  This means the unsaved (the saved are not under law but under grace, Christ having fulfilled the law on our behalf, taking it out of the way, nailing it to the cross).

Rom. 3:9-19 (VW)

9 What then? Do we surpass them? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks, that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable; there is none who does good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open tomb; with their tongues they have practiced deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips;
14 whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 and the way of peace they have not known.
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it says to those who are under the Law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

How many unbelievers are breaking the first commandment?  That would be all of them.

Edited by David1701

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/12/1955

Do not confuse the Law of Moses with the Ten Comandments

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 months later...

Are you people you saying that it’s ok to put up a cross with a representation of Jesus Christ crucified on a wall and bow down to it? I have seen on tv once  priests in the church doing it. I think it was a catholic Church.

i personally wouldn’t want to do anything like that, I have been involved in idolatry in so called buddhism, I also did Islamic prayers, so I have done serious sins of that sort in the past, I pray that Our Heavenly Father forgives me for that in Jesus Christ’s name amen.

But now I wouldn’t have any pictures on the walls in my room of let’s say so called saints.

Also, are those statues representing Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in any way actually looking like He did. My guess is that they would not bee looking anything like Him. So you have an inaccurate representation which in a form of deception. 

Personaly I think that first commandment of the Hebrew Scriptures is still to be upheld.

Thanks 

Just to ad now that I edited it, I say so called saints because I don’t know if someone is a saint or not when it comes to let’s say catholic saints. Just because a pope said someone is a saint doesn’t mean he is. Otherwise I am not trying to offend real saints.

Edited by Ervin P
It’s explained on the bottom

Just to ad that yes Bible talks of other things being idolatry as well as In the New Testament in Colossians 3:5: Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

But in this thread I would like to discuss people praying through saints, putting up crosses, statues of angels, and so on. Which is not upholding the first commandment of the Old Testament.

Thanks 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

Humans love their idols. Can be anything, yes even a particular bible version. Look for it...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/1/2020 at 3:28 AM, Justin Adams said:

Humans love their idols. Can be anything, yes even a particular bible version. Look for it...

True but I think there is a difference between an Idol and False God.  Yes a Idol is a False God but not all False Gods are Idols.   By definition an Idol is a graven, carved or molten image made in the likeness of something that is in heaven or on earth that people worship.  Example: Muslims are also against Idolatry yet they serve a False God.

• Thumbs Up 1