IGNORED

Islam wants the world..Wake up!!!!!!!

dgolvach

Guest shiloh357
Question is do we have the spiritual right to defend ourselves from a group of people who are currently being told to kill us (whether or not they all agree to do so)?

Nothing in either OT or NT tells us that we cannot protect ourselves from those who would do us harm. Jesus did not address self defense, but only told us how to deal with those who would seek to defame or insult.

A man who would not defend his wife and kids is not much of a man, and frankly is worse than an infidel. Men are to provide for their families, and that includes food, clothing, shelter, spiritual guidance, love, and protection as well as other things.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

But self-defence is self-defence regardless of your assailant's religion, denomination or race.

But still, you can hate a religion without hating the poor fools who are sucked into it. I hate what Islam teaches but I pray that it's followers will one day see the truth about Jesus Christ.

Fair enough... Of course I agree Islam is a false religion. What I don't like is the way some people portray all Muslims as "out to get us". It distracts and discourages Christians from the fact that we should be reaching out to them.

Fenwar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

But self-defence is self-defence regardless of your assailant's religion, denomination or race.

But still, you can hate a religion without hating the poor fools who are sucked into it. I hate what Islam teaches but I pray that it's followers will one day see the truth about Jesus Christ.

Fair enough... Of course I agree Islam is a false religion. What I don't like is the way some people portray all Muslims as "out to get us". It distracts and discourages Christians from the fact that we should be reaching out to them.

Fenwar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Satan is out to get us. He comes in many disguises, including islam. There are supposed "christians" who have done a lot to damage our credibility. The battle is spiritual before it is physical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Satan is the author of false religion. Islam is out to get us and Muslims. Infact, more Muslims have been murdered in the name of Islam than anyone else. We should reach out to them and at the same time understand the danger involved with operating in their world as what they pecieve to be an "infidel".

God Bless

Dan

Guest shiloh357

Fenwar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is the problem... The terrorists have made it almost impossible for us to know the difference between them and an innocent noncombatant member Islam.

They wear a tie, drink Starbucks, live in a suburban community, drive SUV's, some of them even go to church. They visit night clubs, they are clean shaven, they speak good English, they enjoy football, and remain law abiding members of our society. They do this to remain undetected.

The terrorists here, as in places like Israel do not wear uniforms (at least not when they are performing terrorist activities). They are virtually indistinguishable from everyone else.

So what do we do? When the terrorists look just like the innocent Arabs, it is impossible to give any of them the benefit of the doubt. Coupled with the fact that Arab community heretofore, has not voluntarily handed over the terrorists that live among them. Either they don't who they are, or they are actively shielding them from detection.

If we are err, then we should err on the side of self presveration.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Maybe we should try and figure out how to fix the problem which causes them to become terrorists instead of trying to figure out which ones to kill...

And this problem would be what?

Guest shiloh357
Here is the problem... The terrorists have made it almost impossible for us to know the difference between them and an innocent noncombatant member Islam.

Then shouldn't we err on the side of life?

Whose life? The life of an innocent baby, or the life of terrorist who strikes at the most vulnerable in our society? Someone is going to die. It is either us or the terrorist, but someone IS going to die.

Maybe we should try and figure out how to fix the problem which causes them to become terrorists instead of trying to figure out which ones to kill...
yeah and that would be what? I assume you don't think the terrorists are to blame for being terrorists.

If we are err, then we should err on the side of self presveration.

No, we should err on the side of life. The laws of the OT were replaced by Jesus, no more "eye for an eye".

this has nothing to do with "eye for an eye." That pertained to an entirely different subject. "Eye for an eye" was about not taking revenge. Self preservation is not revenge.

Jesus die not do away with eye for an eye. "Eye for an eye" was a monetary expression. It meant that if you did a person harm you were liable for their expenses relative to their recovery and any lost wages they incurr due to the injury you cause. It also applied to any of their property that you damage.

Jesus was correcting the way that the religious leaders had misconstrued and perverted its meaning to be justification for revenge.

Jesus was not saying that we don't have the right to defend ourselves.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The young Islamic men get 72 beutiful virgins in paradice. But now we are seeing young women strapping on the bomb suit. What do they get ? 72 harry bearded Mulluhs ? Oh Joy!! WHAT A RELIGION!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

But what did Jesus say about "self-preservation"?

Guest shiloh357

Jesus never spoke against self-preservation where the defense of your family's well being is concerned.

Nowhere are Christians commanded to allow there loved ones to be victims of criminals, terrorists and such. Christians are not commanded to be the world's door mat. We are rather told in the Scriptures that a man that does not provide for his own is worse than an infidel. A man is expected to nurture and protect his family. He is expected to feed, house, clothe, provide medical care, and protect from harm, those God has given him to be his wife and children. He is also expected to care for his aging parents as well.

Nor does Jesus speak against self-defense.