• Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Islam is a Peaceful Religion

Violence From the Qur'an

Violence From the Ahadith

Islamic Attacks on Scholarism

Historical Muslim Violence Towards Unbelievers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a sociological standpoint, this is perhaps THE most widely propagated myth about Islam. For many years now, Islam has been putting forward to Westerners a peaceful, loving front. This false view of Islam has been spread all the more aggressively since the September 11 terrorist attacks. Muslim leaders in the United States and other Western nations had to push their efforts at hiding Islam's true nature into high gear, trying to counterbalance the impact made by the sight of Palestinians and other Muslims (some in this very nation) cheering and celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. Unfortunately, many liberal Christians in most of the mainline denominations have gone right along with these attempts at whitewashing Islam's image, either out of blind ignorance or ungodly sympathy for Mohammed's religion. False teachers even in many traditionally conservative Protestant churches have invited false teachers from Islam to present that religion to their congregants, and the image given is invariably that of a peaceful, loving, tender-hearted faith whose members are absolutely appalled at the violence committed by "a few fringe radicals".

I have even personally witnessed this sort of bald-faced lying being done in the name of Islam. On November 11, 2001, I attended a panel presentation on the campus of the University of North Carolina, in Chapel Hill, in which the several panel members each had the opportunity to take 15 minutes and give their thoughts on the events and responses to the September 11 attacks. One of the speakers was a Muslim imam from a local mosque in Durham. Naturally, he took twice as much time as was allotted for him, and did not even address the topic of discussion. Instead, he spent 30 minutes ranting and raving about how peaceful and loving Islam was, and how Islam respects people of other religions. This lying deceiver even went so far as to say that he would be morally obligated to stop a person whom he were to see defacing or vandalising a Christian church. In short, his entire diatribe was one giant lie, yet much of the (mostly liberal) crowd ate up every word of it like it was gospel truth. This response demonstrated the desperate need for education about Islam in this nation. Not education IN Islam, but education ABOUT Islam, so that the vast bulk of the population out there who knows little to nothing about the religion can learn the truth about it, instead of being fed sugar-coated lies from Islamic leaders and propagandists. People in this nation need to know that the image of Islam as a violent, intolerant, wicked religion is in fact true, and growing more so every day.

So, to ask the question bluntly: Is Islam peaceful or violent? To answer bluntly: It is violent. It is a religion born out of violence, propagated through violence, and still accustomed to violence even today. This can clearly be seen by examining the teachings and record of Islam. These are the two primary means by which to judge the charactre of a religion on some question. You look at the established, recognised, plainly understood teachings of that religion, and then you look at the manner and methodology by which those most faithful to that religion carry out their adherence to their belief system. So let us apply this test to the Muslim faith.

Though violence towards those of other faiths is certainly not unknown among other of the world's religions, Islam goes further than the other various false religious systems in the world is that its holy texts command and commend religiously-motivated violence against unbelievers. It

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Thanks, we need to keep telling people the truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello dgolvach,

You certainly don't make any effort to disguise your own hatred towards Islam.

Is Islam peaceful or violent? To answer bluntly: It is violent. It is a religion born out of violence, propagated through violence, and still accustomed to violence even today. This can clearly be seen by examining the teachings and record of Islam.

Judaeo-Christianity too could be said to be "born out of violence". The occupation of the promised land was one of the most brutal and comprehensive military conquests of ancient times. The Israelites were given a divine order to exterminate every man, woman and child in the lands they occupied.

And Judaeo-Christianity looks forward to world domination. "The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem." There are numerous prophecies of Israelite world rule under the Davidic line.

You look at the established, recognised, plainly understood teachings of that religion, and then you look at the manner and methodology by which those most faithful to that religion carry out their adherence to their belief system. So let us apply this test to the Muslim faith.

But who are "most faithful" to that religion? Is it the fanaticists? This would be equivalent a Muslim proclaiming that those who bomb abortion clinics or wave "God hates fags" banners are the "most faithful" to Christianity.

In any case the majority of verses you have quoted are presented only with your own conclusions and not those of another scholar of Islam. Many of your conclusions appear to me to be unjustified based on the text you have actually quoted. For example the text beginning "But when the forbidden months are past" - you suggest that a treaty is established and then after a number of "forbidden months", the pagans may be attacked. However the text you quoted is actually saying that such a treaty may be established and maintained after these "forbidden months". Perhaps if you would care to cite the whole of the passage (before the "but") you could clear up any misunderstanding we have here?

Islam goes further than the other various false religious systems in the world is that its holy texts command and commend religiously-motivated violence against unbelievers.

So does the Bible. Psalm 137 pours blessing on those who slaughter the infants of Israel's oppressors - "Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us- he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."

Muslim leaders in the United States and other Western nations had to push their efforts at hiding Islam's true nature into high gear

Are Christian apologists "whitewashing" and attempting to hide "Christianity's true nature" or are they simply correcting widely-held misunderstandings?

I have deliberately mis-represented the Bible by way of argument here. Who is to say that you are not deliberately mis-representing the Qur'an? I do not recognise any of the names of the interpreters you have quoted, but how do I know that they are not the Islamic equivalent of Fred Phelps or Michael Bray?

trying to counterbalance the impact made by the sight of Palestinians and other Muslims (some in this very nation) cheering and celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

This is just as much due to the political significance - American foreign policy is deeply unpopular in the Middle East for non-religious, territorial reasons. America is seen as a bloated, polluting oppressor and a sponsor of unlawful occupation, even by secular Arabs and peaceful Muslims - not because of any tenet of Islam but because that is simply how America has acted towards them.

Just as Christians, Muslims, and atheists alike could all celebrate an event such as the fall of the Berlin Wall, so many will feel delight at the fall of America. The roots of this ill-feeling are in politics, not religion, although some have drawn religion into the conflict. (This is the same in Northern Ireland where the roots of the troubles were in the fact that a number of English kings coveted the land, and nothing to do with Catholics or Protestants.)

At the end of the day the main problem with Islam, just as with any other religion, is that it does not acknowledge Christ. The solution to this is not to go around telling non-Muslims just how violent Muslims are (what will this achieve, anyway?) - it is to demonstrate to Muslims just how peaceful, loving, good and righteous Christ is.

-Fenwar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

fenwar, are you saying that Islam is a peaceful religon?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

fenwar,  are you saying that Islam is a peaceful religon?

I am saying that any religion can be portrayed as "violent" or "peaceful" if you want to interpret it that way.

The Old Testament contains many violent commands and laws, but Christians do not follow them to the letter today. Likewise while the Qu'ran may contain violent injunctions, it does not necessarily mean Muslims today believe that they must be unquestioningly obeyed.

If those who represent the majority of Muslims are speaking out against terrorism and in favour of peaceful resolution to the Middle East situation then perhaps we should respectfully listen to them, and what they say their religion is, rather than attributing to Islam the behaviour of the minority who attempt to make their point with guns and bombs.

I hope that makes sense. :24:

Fenwar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Islam is NOT a peaceful religion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110

You certainly don't make any effort to disguise your own hatred towards Islam.

Its strange...I have met some Muslims that I quite liked. But your right. I really do hate Islam( false religion) . If one religion was going to rule the world, I would far prefer Christianity as it is today. You see Fenwar...I know who my enemy is.

If those who represent the majority of Muslims are speaking out against terrorism and in favour of peaceful resolution to the Middle East situation then perhaps we should respectfully listen to them, and what they say their religion is, rather than attributing to Islam the behaviour of the minority who attempt to make their point with guns and bombs.

Thats the problem, they don't speak out much at all.

Ask yourself these questions. Did Jesus preach war? Did he lead military slaughters on those who rejected him? Did he have multiple and underage wives?

Perhaps bloodshed happened in the inquisition but that wasn't Jesus. Anyway you want to look at it. Mohammed made his converts in a much different way than Jesus did. Simple...look at the words of Jesus and then look at the words of Mohammed. Thet aren't the same. But still, you can hate a religion without hating the poor fools who are sucked into it. I hate what Islam teaches but I pray that it's followers will one day see the truth about Jesus Christ.

God Bless

Dan

Well done Fenwar, but you see, these fundamentalists don't care about promoting Jesus as the truth but instead they want to promote Islam as violent. Our Lord IS the one truth and the ONLY way but you shouldn't need to tell others the truth of Jesus by promoting violence or making false claims about other religions

I am promoting self defence. The "false claims" you say I made are historical facts and the fundamentlist Mullahs agree. I don't know if I am a Christian fundamentalist or not but if Christ said something, I suppose he fundamentally ment it. His apostle Paul said that any gospel other than the one he preached was the wrong gospel. Hmmmmm...Now from who do you think false gospels come from? God or Lucifer??????????Even if I was an athiest I would hate the teachings of Islam.

God Bless

Dan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

fenwar,

Question is do we have the spiritual right to defend ourselves from a group of people who are currently being told to kill us (whether or not they all agree to do so)? [/QUOT

I'm not sure if I have the spiritual right to defend my Country/Family/Friends. But I'm sure I will defend them anyways because I love them. Absolutly sure. If I'm wrong and dead...its too late for God to forgive me. If I am wrong and manage to stay alive....I suppose its not too late as long as I am alive. We had better wake up and quit listening to those sheeple who drink the PC coolaid. We are being threatened unlike we ever have in the past. I read all sorts of critism of our leaders on this board. I wonder if you can do the same in an Islamic theocracy such as Iran or Syria and keep your head at the same time? Are there any open Bible studies in the Saudi Kingdom? Dose Islam as preached by Mohammed permit such a thing? I see mosques all around where I live and only Muslim members can enter. Hmmmmmmm Now let me see. I just wonder what it is these clerics might be preaching that they don't want the rest of us to hear? Is "Imagine" in their hymnal or "Live and let die". The last time I checked...Christian churches open their doors to anyone. Nothing to hide. And women get to enter into the "holy" building through the same door as the Men-Folk.

Hey...Hey...what a concept.

Dan