• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1945

But we must ask ourselves: What might be a problem within Fundamental Christianity

too many are fat and sleeping

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps too true! :)

Yet you probably would think that I agree with you for all the wrong reasons!

I would be thinking of propagandise, comfortable people.

Would you perhaps be thinking of heavy people with their head in the sand?

And of coarse we are all up late. It is no offence, it is humorous. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I don't know if you could call me a fundamentalist Christian. I listen to Led Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix and I only watch TBN for a good laugh. I might not even be a Christian in many here's eyes but I'm telling you from a person who does wabble with faith, Jesus had a much better plan than Mohammed. At least I can see the threat. I think I am a Christian but some here would say no because I like rock music, believe that war can be just and am of the OSAS line of thinking. If there is a Satan...I am sure he authored Islam. He (lucifer) is a hard worker and an absolute expert in religion. Truely, religion might very well be his masterpiece. Look what its done for 1.2 million poor souls under Islam.

Dan

I don't know if you could call me a fundamentalist Christian. I listen to Led Zepplin and Jimi Hendrix and I only watch TBN for a good laugh. I might not even be a Christian in many here's eyes but I'm telling you from a person who does wabble with faith, Jesus had a much better plan than Mohammed. At least I can see the threat. I think I am a Christian but some here would say no because I like rock music, believe that war can be just and am of the OSAS line of thinking. If there is a Satan...I am sure he authored Islam. He (lucifer) is a hard worker and an absolute expert in religion. Truely, religion might very well be his masterpiece. Look what its done for 1.2 million poor souls under Islam.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SO have you seen "how the west was won" yet?

it's way kewl.

Regarding innovative guitar players, no one has topped Zep or Jimi yet. I'm right there with ya, man.

But we must ask ourselves: What might be a problem within Fundamental Christianity

too many are fat and sleeping

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps too true! :)

Yet you probably would think that I agree with you for all the wrong reasons!

I would be thinking of propagandise, comfortable people.

Would you perhaps be thinking of heavy people with their head in the sand?

And of coarse we are all up late. It is no offence, it is humorous. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I mean is that hardly anyone endeavors to know the full counsel of God anymore.

They stick with the nice parts that speak only to their interests.

God can be merciful, vengeful, gracious, just, forgiving and unforgiving, righteous, creative and destructive without any contradiction to His character

But that notion is rejected by those who think He is Santa Claus in the sky wanting to be our buddy and answer to our beckoned call.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/24/1945

Well met Bros. Yod

And a good night to you Dan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I know the lyrics to "Imagine" promote a very humanist ideal but is it really impossible for any secular ideology to resemble a Christian way of life in any way, shape or form?

That is not the point. You seem to be trying to make theological connection where none exists.

I can't even remember what the point of this was now... :thumbsup: Oh well, let's leave that tangent to rest. :huh:

The Muslim world has not risen up against Hamas, Hezbollah, or any other known group.  They have been silent as thousands of Jews have been slaughtered for simply being born in Israel.  Silence is usually indicative of approval.

Could it not instead be indicative of fear? If a moderate Muslim speaks out against these groups, presumably they are immediately considered an infidel and risk becoming a target?

And what right-thinking person would put their life and the lives of their loved ones on the line like that? Maybe you would agree that it's actually more responsible not to make public comments?

I'm speculating here but it makes sense to me; could this be a factor?

Guest shiloh357

The Muslim world has not risen up against Hamas, Hezbollah, or any other known group.  They have been silent as thousands of Jews have been slaughtered for simply being born in Israel.  Silence is usually indicative of approval.

Could it not instead be indicative of fear? If a moderate Muslim speaks out against these groups, presumably they are immediately considered an infidel and risk becoming a target?

And what right-thinking person would put their life and the lives of their loved ones on the line like that? Maybe you would agree that it's actually more responsible not to make public comments?

I'm speculating here but it makes sense to me; could this be a factor?

Really, I thought it was just a few radicals. According to you, it is a small segment of the Arab population that is causing all this trouble. If so, why don't the Arab governments prove the "peacefulness" of Islam and smash these radicals? How come they don't put an end to terror once and for all show the world what Islam really is? Are you going to tell me that 1 billion Muslims are all afraid of the radicals? Yeah right... The Muslim world is silent, and silence is the same as saying it is OK.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In a different thread, one of our members posted a video -

Click here for thread

If you haven't seen the video, you should. It shows Arabs - children, women, men, crowds - all proclaiming death to the Jews, how they won't quit, how they will train their children to rise up against the Jews. This is everyday Arabs in their own words.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

If so, why don't the Arab governments prove the "peacefulness" of Islam and smash these radicals?

Wouldn't this be an oxymoron?

Edited by fenwar