• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

We can do all things through Christ Jesus, and only through Christ Jesus. 

1 Peter 4:11 - Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever.  Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6 - yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Ephesians - 5:20  always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;

Philippians - 3:8  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

1 Timothy - 6:13  I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate,

2 Timothy - 2:10  For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

All scripture from the NASB.

A friend on Facebook posted the verse that says I can do all things through Christ...

As soon as I saw it I said the word "through" must be "in" concerning that verse. So I looked it up. Behold...

in, in the power of, by or through; with. A being or remaining within, with the primary idea of rest in any place or thing.

no_photo.png

12 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Each time I hear a christian talk about power within us, an alarm bell rings in my head.
Not trying to crash a party here, but trying to discern what is really being shared here.

What power / unlimited potential are you talking about?

All power is in Christ, our Lord. We as christians learned that we are powerless without Him.
All that is and will be done, shall be done only by His will, not our own desires. All for His Glory.

I think I said the same thing you said... did I not?

14 hours ago, JTC said:

Peterlag, I'm glad you know this scripture but just knowing it in your head isn't enough. We believers have to take the next step and actvely avoid all the sins we possibly can avoid.

How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

16 hours ago, RonaldBruno said:

I liked the healthy info, I also practice good eating habits. So Peter is Stephen? Why don't you go by Stephen, if that is your site? Are these collections from doctors like Nancy Appleton and Robert Keller, and which articles are yours?

Regardless, Stephen's site is helpful to many. Stephen is doing what God equipped him to do and that is wonderful.

Stephen is mine and many others on that site are from notes I had from many different books I read.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I think I said the same thing you said... did I not?

Hi, I should have been more clear.

For example:

God can speak things into existence. We can't, agreed?
God can heal people at His will. We can't at our will, agreed?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

I think the OP is reasonable.  

We do have the Holy Spirit living in us! We do have personal access to God. He is guiding us in the way we should go. And we have faith to do all things in Christ who strengthens us. Not anything we chose to do as we selfishly desire; but all that is in God's will. Our will is sometimes tainted with sinful desires, since sin  dwells in the members of our flesh: our minds and bodies.

Our spirit is cleansed, but still we have this duel nature, warring against each other.

As I said, faith is given to Christians in portions. God has appointed certain tasks for us to do, some do great things but most of us live out our lives with not much more faith than to deal with our own lives and our family's. Some have faith enough to be pastors and more - whatever, His will be done in your life.

We are going to need to access that power of God to make it through the beginning of sorrows and at least part of the Great Tribulation period.  Evil is upon us and more evils are coming.

Hold onto your faith, use your spiritual gifts to help others and pray. Put your armor on ... the Antichrist has gone out out to conquer.

20 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi, I should have been more clear.

For example:

God can speak things into existence. We can't, agreed?
God can heal people at His will. We can't at our will, agreed?

No we do not agree. If I say my shoe size is 10. I should not have to say it's not 9, 7, or 4. I did not write anything about God speaking things into existence.

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

This all sounds great but I definitely feel a check in my spirit. It's like the start of the prosperity teachings that developed to the point where it went right off the rail.

In the kingdom of Satan you develop self and improve self and gain for self. In the kingdom of God it all revolves around God and service to God  in the form of helps and uplifting of others.

This statement of faith seems to be the development of self by claiming the promises of God for the empowerment of self.

I don't see what you see. I'm posting about him. When I say we were called in him. I'm not thinking about "we" but rather "him" and I did not write the verse.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

If you help to bring a single person into a relationship with Jesus, you have done something great.  But you still need to remember that it wasn't really you, but Christ in you. This is the production of fruit that Jesus is looking for.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I see what you are trying to say, that only with GOD is unlimited potential.

Because the reality is, is that we all have limitations, brother. There is only so much we can do on our own, the rest is reliance on GOD to help.

• Thumbs Up 1