IGNORED

Either I am over thinking this, or I'm a jerk.

LonerAndy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, LonerAndy said:

Is this a bad sign?   Does this mean I'm an uncaring jerk?

I don't know.

I mean ...maybe? LOL :P (just kidding)

I don't think it makes you a jerk but perhaps the Lord is opening your heart up to something new? I know for me, He often uses situations like this to prod me to do something. 

I'm not a huge connection keeper to be honest. I keep up with a few friends I made in the last state I lived in, some from the last church I attended, but let's be honest. Life moves on, people build new connections with the people they spend most of their time with. For me, most of my friends have gotten married, had children, and live lives that are vastly different from mine. So, life happens. I don't think it makes you a jerk - you just close doors more completely than others do perhaps. 

It does sound like this woman may have a deeper interest in you than you seem to have in her, so that may be something you should address before it goes further; but that's only the view from the outside of it, I'm sure you know her feelings better than us internet people can decipher. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

This does go to show you something....

You are watched ??️?

People watch what you do all the time... even if you don't think that they are noticing you. 

I can't remember who it was that said "Witness/preach all the time and if necessary use words" or something like that...

I'm surprised too by people who are deathly serious about the Christmas treats I bake every year...

Or the discussions in Sunday School class... many people are waiting to hear me chime in on the subject. 

I try to hide at times but am generally unsuccessful at hiding and keeping quiet. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

1 hour ago, Aimes said:

I mean ...maybe? LOL :P (just kidding)

I don't think it makes you a jerk but perhaps the Lord is opening your heart up to something new? I know for me, He often uses situations like this to prod me to do something. 

I'm not a huge connection keeper to be honest. I keep up with a few friends I made in the last state I lived in, some from the last church I attended, but let's be honest. Life moves on, people build new connections with the people they spend most of their time with. For me, most of my friends have gotten married, had children, and live lives that are vastly different from mine. So, life happens. I don't think it makes you a jerk - you just close doors more completely than others do perhaps. 

It does sound like this woman may have a deeper interest in you than you seem to have in her, so that may be something you should address before it goes further; but that's only the view from the outside of it, I'm sure you know her feelings better than us internet people can decipher. 

I find that hard to believe.  After all she lives far away, she's a non-christian, and knows I am a Christian.  I never had any interest in her.

This is why in a general sense, I avoid women. It would make me sad to think some woman is out there waiting for me to come, when I have no intention of ever coming.

1 hour ago, JohnDB said:

This does go to show you something....

You are watched ??️?

People watch what you do all the time... even if you don't think that they are noticing you. 

I can't remember who it was that said "Witness/preach all the time and if necessary use words" or something like that...

I'm surprised too by people who are deathly serious about the Christmas treats I bake every year...

Or the discussions in Sunday School class... many people are waiting to hear me chime in on the subject. 

I try to hide at times but am generally unsuccessful at hiding and keeping quiet. 

Yes.  I find this unsettling, but I know it is true. Whether I want to be, or intend to be, to some people I am the only Christian they know.  Rather disturbing really, but that's the life we are called to live.  We *are* a witness to the world, whether we accept that fact or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

I find that hard to believe.  After all she lives far away, she's a non-christian, and knows I am a Christian.  I never had any interest in her.

This is why in a general sense, I avoid women. It would make me sad to think some woman is out there waiting for me to come, when I have no intention of ever coming.

Another reason to avoid them is because: Girls are yucky and they all have cooties. 

?‍♀️ :runforhills:

Just now, ChickenCoop said:

Another reason to avoid them is because: Girls are yucky and they all have cooties. 

And I read in a book, that cooties is incurable.  If you get it, you end up living your whole life with it.  Terrible way to go.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Who knows. Perhaps I'm wrong. Just seems odd that she would reach out. 

3 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

Yes, Yes we do. :D 

3 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

And I read in a book, that cooties is incurable.  If you get it, you end up living your whole life with it.  Terrible way to go.

This is true. :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aimes said:

Who knows. Perhaps I'm wrong. Just seems odd that she would reach out. 

Yes, Yes we do. :D 

This is true. :D 

And we got it straight from the horse's mouth, I mean penguin's beak.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

6 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Yes.  I find this unsettling, but I know it is true. Whether I want to be, or intend to be, to some people I am the only Christian they know.  Rather disturbing really, but that's the life we are called to live.  We *are* a witness to the world, whether we accept that fact or not.

Today, 

After I posted to you. An old work buddy called me up out of the blue. Hadn't talked with him for years. But he remembered me for all the missions I had been a part of. 

His wife had died a few months ago and he is trying to be dad to two little girls. 

He's tried all the alcohol and chemicals he could get his hands on...

But he called me because he knows that I'm a Christian man. Unrelenting and unashamedly a Christian man. He's got "buddies" with drugs but he needed to talk to someone sane for a bit. He's desperate for other Christian families with kids...so his kids can play with them. 

And that's how it starts...they know who to go to when the fecal material collides with the occilating device. They want more but never say so clearly...but that's what they want. They want what we have. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, LonerAndy said:

Humans have an amazing capacity to fool themselves into thinking they are better than they are.  I would like to think I am decent.  I help people when I can, give to charity and so on.  I've had roommates, not because I wanted the money, but because I thought I was helping them.

And I do this because I believe this is what a Christian should do.

That said, yesterday I found a note from someone I used to talk to.  It was from back in June, when she sent me a note asking how I was, and where I went.

I had been talking to this lady from work, for almost a year or more, until April when I was laid off.

After sending her a response back, she was ecstatic to talk to me.  I started feeling embarrassed, because I never thought of her even once.  She was genuinely worried about me, and wanted to know how I was, while I had not given her, or anyone else from that job a second thought.

Then I started thinking.   You know I left my old church, and I never thought of any of the people from that church.  Not to imply I left that church on bad terms.  I left because I was on second shift, and they did not have a night service.  I was always falling asleep during church, which defeats the point of being there.  The church I go to has a night service.

However, I never gave any of the people at that church as second thought, nor any of the people from previous jobs.   Nor any of the people I went to college with, or school before that.  I don't remember any of them.  Some I can see their faces, but no longer remember their names.  And some I can't remember at all.

I know that sounds like I have alzheimer's, but it's more that when I move on, I just move on.  I don't think about people of the past.

Is this a bad sign?   Does this mean I'm an uncaring jerk?

I don't know.

I am the same way.   I have a hard time staying in touch with people, in fact I have a hard time forming lasting relationships with anyone friends or family.  Maybe Its because my whole life I have moved from place to place due to my father being in military and felt it was pointless to make bonds with people whom I would soon leave.  Later I joined the military and continued the cycle.  I look back now and regret the people I knew but never stayed in contact with nor even tried to.