• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I forgot to mention that the first part of the decree given by Cyrus was given about 536 B.C.

Let's see.................

Artaxerxes completed the decree.....yeah..Ok.

Fromthe looks of things, the decree required 79 years to be completed

536-457=79

We see in Ezra 7:8,9 that nearly half the year passed before the decree reached Jerusalem.

8And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which was in the seventh year of the king.

9For upon the first day of the first month began he to go up from Babylon, and on the first day of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem, according to the good hand of his God upon him.

So I suspect the 2300 days began when the decree went into effect a little after 456 BC.

70 weeks or 490 years were determined as to when the Jews would be cut off as a nation (I'm not anti-semetic so please don't assume). Christ death sealed the vision, He was anointed at his baptism.( I also believe the heavenly sanctuary was anointed before Christ entered it with His blood to fulfill the type in Ex. 40:9-11

We all know that the 70 Weeks were divided into seven weeks 62 weeks, or 483 years, to reach to the Messiah( i think). Subtracting 456 from 483 gives you about 26 and 1/2 BC or 27 BC, the date for the Messiah. (Daniel 9:25)

The hebrew word Messiah in English is anointed; Jesus is called the Messiah in John 1:41

Acts 10:38 tells us that Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost.

Luke 3:21,22 shows us when the Holy spirit anointed Christ at his baptism.

I think most scholars believe that it was around 27 AD that Jesus began his ministry.

Mark 1:9-15 states that Jesus, as he entered upon His ministry, announced that "the time was fulfilled"

14Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

In the midst of the 70th week the Messiah "was to be cut off," and "cause the sacrifice to cease." according to Dan. 9:26,27.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

vs. 27 says that He was to confirm the covenant for one week and yet be cut off in the midst of the week.

Heb 2:3 says

3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

I figure the latter part is speaking of his disciples. Therefore the savior taught the first part of the weekand His followers the last part.

According to Christ instructions in Luke 24:47 the disciples confined their labors to Jerusalem, I believe that it was for 3 1/2 years.

Acts 8:1-4 speaks of how afer the rejection of the gospel and the stoning of Stephen, the disciples went everywhere preaching the word,

1And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

2And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

3As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

4Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

This was about AD 34, the end of the 70 weeks. The gospel was no longer confined to the Jews. Seventy weeks or 490 years, taken from the 2300 day/year prophecy leaves 1810.

Oh I think I forgot to mention this. I'm using the day year principle for prophecy in Num.14:34 and Eze. 4:6.

34After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

6And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

Okay back to the conclusion. Subtract 490 years from the 2300 day/years and you get 1810 years until the sanctuary is to be cleansed. Add it to 34 A.D (when jews as a nation were cut off) and you get the year 1844 AD. That's How William Miller got the year.(Actually thousands from around the world came to that conclusion at that period of time) Problem was that equated sanctuary with the earth being cleansed, hence the great disappointment. I believe this event was prophecied in scripture. (The Milerite movement/Great disappointment)

If you look at Revelation 10:9-11, it talks about how "I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey."

This seems to have actually happened. God knew that His children would come to the conclusion that He was coming in 1844. They had "eaten," or studied the book of Daniel and it was so wonderful that Jesus was coming so soon. That turned to sadness when He did not come at that time.

But that's just a view I have(My church to as some of you know)

Now it's time to get some of your views on the 2300 day prophecy.

:emot-highfive:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The original prophecy was that Jesus would arrive in 1843, then again in 1844 when He didnt show up in 1843. Miller then changed this to Jesus entering the Holy of Holies. This doctrine is found nowhere in scripture. This is a heresy. Out of this, Ellen White came up with the Shut Door doctrine, in which she taught that at the point when Jesus Christ entered into the Holy of Holies, no other persons could then be saved. This teaching holds that the "door" of salvation was shut, people could no longer join the Adventist group (since they claimed to be the only ones with the truth from God) and therefore could not obtain eternal life.

Since this is not found in scripture and is based on false prophecies from a false prophet and false teacher, why follow that church?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

the whole timeline for the 2300 is explained in this timeline article written a while back

http://www.hatikva.org/articles/rosh-hashanah-update.htm

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi Ayin, I read you response and understand exactly where you are coming from and only have a couple of questions to ask you for clarificaion purposes:

Miller then changed this to Jesus entering the Holy of Holies.

William Miller changed his mind and said that Jesus entered the Holy of Holies? ....I was just wondering if you had any official documentation...on William Miller stating this.

I know you stated that it is nowhere found in scripture that Jesus enters the Holy of Holies... but it actually is... Notice what Malachi says:

"...and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts." Malachi 3:1

I would like you to do some research on this...The bible says "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens. A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man." Hebrews 8:1,2.

In regards to this scriptue I would like to know what you believe Jesus is doing in heaven right now.

This teaching holds that the "door" of salvation was shut, people could no longer join the Adventist group (since they claimed to be the only ones with the truth from God) and therefore could not obtain eternal life.

It seems that you are saying that the SDA church would not allow anyone else to be Adventist because they believed the door to salvation had been closed? Why are we still baptising and passing out literature?

Also, be advised that there were "Adventist" in the 1800's that did believe in a doctrine similar to this...but 7th Day Adventist never adopted this belief.

Interesting article Tishri 1. Thanks for the contribution on what you believe the 2300 day prophecy is minus the negative comments. :blink: I've been busy for the last 2 or 3 days so i haven't checked this in a while. Thanks a lot to SDAinFLA for clearing up some cobwebs. :thumbsup:

The Investigative Judgement is said to be one of the most contested doctrines of our church. Many claim there is no biblical basis for this belief. Here are a few texts we use.

Daniel 7.9-10

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. (22) the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given in favor of the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Matthew 12.36-37

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

John 5.22

For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

5.27 And has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Romans 14.10-12

We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Cor. 5:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to what he has done, whether it be good or bad.

Acts 3.18-19

But those things, which God foretold by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he has so fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 17:30-31

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent: Because he has appointed a day, (can also be translated, time) in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom he has ordained; He has given assurance of this to all men, by raising him from the dead.

Romans 2:15-16

. . .Which show the work of the law written in their hearts,...In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments" for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Then there is the question of whether the judgement is for the wicked only. If you look at those text closely, they seem to reveal that all are brought into judgement before the throne of God. Just some extra food for thought. :P

Beautiful illustration/chart BA. Thanks for your contributions :)

I've just noticed the difference between an Adventist view of the 70 week prophecy and the widely accepted Christian view of that same prophecy. I'm not familar with the GAP theory, but I've heard a little about it. I read a little more about it on the chart BA posted and found it interesting. Now I understand the reason other Christians believe in a rapture. :thumbsup: But what I want to know is why the Gap theory is accepted. It pertains to the topic of the 2300 day/year prophecy because the 70 weeks fall in the 2300 day prophecy. From what I got in the 70 week prophecy,

in the 69th week of the prophecy, the Messiah would begin his ministry according to Daniel 9:25

25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

7 weeks + 60 weeks(threescore or 20*3) + two weeks = 69 weeks from the time the decree was given to rebuild Jerusalem. And then it says in verse 26,27

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Now in the midst of the 70th week the covenant was to be confirmed by Christ through him being cut off. It says that he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. When did this happen? With his death on the cross. We are always talking about things being nailed to the cross and how things like the sacrificial system was done away with at the cross, so I believe verse 27 is speaking to that. I noticed that in verse 27 there is only a mention of 62 weeks. Is that the difference in interpretation. Thanks for your responses in advance. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

here is a website that shows the timeline of the 2300 day prophecy in order to have a visual guide.

http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre00timeline.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a very cool site. I added to my list of favorites so I can check it out some more. Thanks.

CarolineS