• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TheBlade said:

First thanks for this. "Unbelief has crept into the church " I do find it ironic at the start you use "if if if" :) its just what I first saw. I know what your trying to say but if is doubting.

I would say "doubt" crept in not long after the 12 were gone. Not in the church as a whole. Go to some 3rd world nations and... you see the power of God move!

Trust me, the "if" is not on my part, but simply a logical way to lay out for those not walking in the glorious liberty of the children of God so they may finally see heir great need and more importantly, His greater supply. 

We read these promises, and often even quote them to one other, marveling at their power, so  how can it be that it never dawns on us that if these be really true, then we must be missing something, and yes, not just big but huge?

Is there a move overseas? Absolutely. This is not in any a justifier of the church's current overall condition. It is an indictment cast at His churches in the west.  Are God's hands tied over us who live in greater freedom and security?  Does He not long to fill us too with Him so that we might see satan fleeing? 

What then is the reason for our lack? Is it not the sin of Sodom? Pride, idleness and fullness of bread?

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness...."

Ezekiel 16:49 

Faith is a response to need. Our lifestyle, our "need of nothing" mindset, and yes our prosperity, has made it difficult for true hunger to manifest itself. No hunger. No faith. No faith, no victory.

We have gotten religiously comfortable. We have failed to understand that if godliness with contentment is great gain..... and it IS, then contentment without godliness is great loss. It is time we all did some real heart searching. God has shown the intent of His heart in times like these. "Only acknowledge your iniquity, that your heart is far from me." The question  for each one of  us is... what is the intent of ours? 

The ball is in our court. One final amazing choice. What God has for each of us is past explaining. But let me tell you.. "Free Indeed" is accurate, but does not do it justice. "The glorious liberty of the children of God" comes a lot closer. ?

I humbly implore you, you who are reading these words, to believe that the victory Christ has purchased for us is more real than we can know. If deep down  in your heart, there still is a hunger for more, an itch not scratched, a desire for Jesus to be manifestly with you, all day every day, a rest from condemnation and guilt, then that is the Holy Spirit wooing you! Ask Him to do what He has to do to you to bring you to a place of readiness to receive. Give Him permission. Then ASK! I promise you... no, no, HE promises.... that if you draw near unto Him, He will draw near unto you.   

blessings to all,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Gideon said:

If that is what you got from my post, either I am terrible at explaining my point, or your reading comprehension is lacking, methinks, lol.

It is when we come to Him knowing that unless He does it IN US, we have no hope or ever walking as overcomers, and ask for the faith to believe His  promises are yea and amen, despite our weakness, that we are finally ready to receive the miracle of walking in the FREE INDEED Jesus clearly promised us. 

Why the sarcasm? I shared scriptural promises. I am confused by your rssponse. Do you not long to walk in victory over the enemy of your soul? 

blessings, 

Gideon

Sarcasm, seemed like the appropriate response at the time obviously I did not appreciate the post. And before you ask why I can't actually remember I just know something stood out that seemed to deminish the sovereignty of God. Not much more to say really. 

Carry on. 

Edited by Glory To God
Edit

3 hours ago, Glory To God said:

Sarcasm, seemed like the appropriate response at the time obviously I did not appreciate the post. And before you ask why I can't actually remember I just know something stood out that seemed to deminish the sovereignty of God. Not much more to say really. 

Carry on. 

Sarcasm is never the appropriate response of a loving heart. It is simply a way to get in a jab under the guise of "I was only kidding!"

My post was nothing but declaring what God has promised to do in us. And your take is that this somehow diminishes the sovereignty of God? Do you see how illogical such a statement is? 

Gids

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/19/2020 at 7:18 PM, Gideon said:

Sarcasm is never the appropriate response of a loving heart. It is simply a way to get in a jab under the guise of "I was only kidding!"

My post was nothing but declaring what God has promised to do in us. And your take is that this somehow diminishes the sovereignty of God? Do you see how illogical such a statement is? 

Gids

Edited by Glory To God

26 minutes ago, Glory To God said:

I never actually said I was kidding I said I didn't like the post. Your OP makes no sense to me. 

Maybe this will help it make more sense. Think of it this way. God promises certain things to us as His children. Most are not walking in them. One of two scenarios exist. 

a) God is lying or at best, greatly exaggerating as to our ability to resist temptation when the devil comes to try to make us fall....

or

b)  We are missing some element in our walks that actually triggers these promises to actually work. 

If we choose option #1, we need to just throw the whole Bible out, for we can believe none of it, . If we are left with option #2 as our only choice, then the question becomes 

1) Do we actually want the promises to be true?

If we do not truly want to be free indeed and see sin defeated in our thoughts and actions, and actually  walk as overcomers, we have a serious problem with God, and it needs to be addressed. 

However, if we do want them to be true, it brings us to this question. 

2) What is the hold-up and what must we do to see them activated? 

blessings, 

Gids