IGNORED

What are these spirit things that are inside of us?

Peterlag

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, JohnR7 said:

1John5:3 "his commands are not burdensome". I was just reading the The Didache and that leads me to believe that it is not that difficult to live free from sin. Because this means doing no harm to ourself or others. There was a book called: "What would Jesus do" that challenged people not to harm others in order to make money. I was a carpenter as Jesus was a carpenter. This job is easy to do without harming people. I would not work a job where you are harming people or helping them to harm themselves. Like selling junk food, alcohol or smoking materials. Perhaps it is to easy for some to love the money more than they love the people. So they are willing to harm people to gain money. I am not saying we should not give people alcohol. There is a point where it becomes excessive and you need to know when to cut them off. 

Hi @JohnR7,

I had previously shared a true story of myself playing soccer.
I did not harm anybody with my sin of lying. I lied about having touched the ball which went off court. So we could stay in possession of the ball. It was a lie against the Holy God. Any sin is dead serious, even if it did not harm anybody.
I had this 100% clarity in my mind of what was happening. I believe it was the Holy Spirit.
At the end of the match, i got into a serious accident. My ribs were bruised and they had to take me to the hospital for it. For me it was clear what was going on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Hi @JohnR7,

I had previously shared a true story of myself playing soccer.
I did not harm anybody with my sin of lying. I lied about having touched the ball which went off court. So we could stay in possession of the ball. It was a lie against the Holy God. Any sin is dead serious, even if it did not harm anybody.
I had this 100% clarity in my mind of what was happening. I believe it was the Holy Spirit.
At the end of the match, i got into a serious accident. My ribs were bruised and they had to take me to the hospital for it. For me it was clear what was going on.

That is an issue when we serve God.  He watches over our words to make sure we always speak the truth. Sometimes when I am not sure then it is better not to say anything at all.