IGNORED

What are these spirit things that are inside of us?

Peterlag

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It's not the body, but the spirit that has become a new creature. In other words, it's in the spirit that we have become a brand-new species of being because our spirit is totally new and therefore there is not an old sin nature left in us.

I know this comes as a complete shock to many of you who have been indoctrinated in the-old-nature-versus-the-new-nature theology. Most Christians have been taught to believe that after salvation, they are still the same at their core, and they live the rest of their lives trying to restrain this old nature. They believe they have two natures.

Romans 6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The Christians of today believe they are alive to sin and it's with much effort, frustration, and failure that they battle this sin nature the rest of their lives. It now seems clear to me that this concept of what the Christians believe today is not what the Scriptures teach.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

We experience a death to our old sin nature once we are baptized into Christ. It’s dead and gone because it does not exist anymore. We become totally new in our spirit when we are born again, and this is how our old nature has been completely changed.

But because our minds are similar to computers in the sense they can be programmed, and once programmed, they will continue to function as programmed until we reprogram them. And this is what Romans is talking about when it states we should renew our minds. Our old sin nature programmed our minds how to walk by the flesh when we were born in sin.

Edited by Peterlag

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Some teach they are little seeds waiting for the return of Christ and others teach they are full grown all over the cells of our bodies.

The conservative "Jewish" people talk about Divine sparks and vessels that were not able to contain them. The Bible talks about the Nephesh or the breath of life: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7) David talks about how we are woven or knit together. (Psalm 139:15,16) This has to do with the incarnation when Jesus became flesh. (John 1:14) God wanted to become a part of His creation. He wanted to dwell with man. This is the second letter in the Hebrew that represents a tent or a dwelling place. 

Edited by JohnR7
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

The conservative "Jewish" people talk about Divine sparks and vessels that were not able to contain them. The Bible talks about the Nephesh or the breath of life: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7) David talks about how we are woven or knit together. (Psalm 139:15,16) This has to do with the incarnation when Jesus became flesh. (John 1:14) God wanted to become a part of His creation. He wanted to dwell with man. This is the second letter in the Hebrew that represents a tent or a dwelling place. 

I have no idea what you're talking about or how it relates to the spirit of Christ mentioned in the above verses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, Peterlag said:

Some teach they are little seeds waiting for the return of Christ and others teach they are full grown all over the cells of our bodies. In the Scriptures we see they are referred to as spirit, holy spirit, comforter, and Christ in us. And that kind a makes me wonder whatever these spirit things are, they do seem to be tied close to the Christ.

I was taught they are what God is... only with a small "s" because they are part of what He is. Therefore, we can say "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." So what are these holy things that are able to give us everlasting life?

Some mathematics to explain.

∞ + ∞ + ∞ = ∞

∞ : 3 = ∞

None of the ∞ is greater than the other. None of the ∞ is lesser than the other.

∞ is something we as humans can't fully comprehend.

Edited by Wesley L

Some teach they are little seeds waiting for the return of Christ and others teach they are full grown all over the cells of our bodies. In the Scriptures we see they are referred to as spirit, holy spirit, comforter, and Christ in us. And that kind a makes me wonder whatever these spirit things are, they do seem to be tied close to the Christ

God is spirit John 4:24.

We can use metaphors to try understand the mystery. But when we try to fully describe it in human terms, it will fail. You can't put an unlimited God in a limited human mind.

Our body becomes a temple of God when we become born again. The Holy Spirit dwells in this temple.

How and where? I don't understand, He is not matter but spirit. I just believe and the Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit that He is there and that we are saved.

• Thanks 1

Very few Christians know who they are in the spirit because most of us have been taught by our religious leaders that we are sinners by nature. And in my view that is just the opposite of what the Scriptures teach.

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
1 John 1:8‭-‬10 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,655
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

If I understand what is being said...

The Bible teaches before God created anything else to exist, God was all that existed.

God is Spirit (John 4:24).

When God created the material universe, the morning stars sang and the sons of God shouted (Job38:7) indicating the spirit realm

was created before the material realm.

In the beginning God created the heavens (first) and the Earth (Genesis 1:1) and in fact the preincarnate Jesus did this (John 1:3, Colossians 1:16)

all alone by himself (Isaiah 44:24).

The spirits of the spirit realm (cherubim, seraphim, teraphim) are infinite beings that had a beginning (which were created). 

God is spirit which exists forever but had no beginning and was not created. Hence "I AM BECAUSE I AM."

Only God is

The spirits of the spirit realm are

which I believe are called rays in math...

Only God is eternal / infinite existence with no beginning and no end.

The spirits of the spirit  realm will exist forever without end but had a beginning.

The Bible mentions a rebellion in the spirit realm (Isaiah 14 Ezekiel 28, Revelation 12). 

Since spirits cannot die, their eternal judgment was certain. The lake of fire was created for the devil land his followers (Matthew 25:41)

Apparently that judgment was already pronounced when as a last resort the devil charged Jesus with being unfair (deduced from all of scripture

and especially texts like Job 1 and Job 2 and John 17:5):

John 17:5 (AV)
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Interesting. Not "before I became a man" or "before the incarnation" but before the world existed. He created the world at the same time he created universe according to Genesis 1.

I know that upsets the evolutionists and the atheists. ← {BRONX CHEER}

Colossians 1:13–16 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The preincarnate Jesus apparently answered the devils false charge with "Let there be light..." Genesis 1 et al.

This realm the physical realm exists to glean for God a people who will love him and believe him... yes... but also to

prove he is more than just, more than fair, and willing to pay the price for his creation that fell (even though it was not his fault).

The reason God made it possible for us to die (physically) is so that his word can be fulfilled (the soul that sins shall die) BUT! we can

also be redeemed / resurrected! Saved!

Hallelujah! Praise Jesus!!!

Philippians 2:5–11 (AV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And thus Jesus will have again that glory he had before the world was.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,655
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The spirits inside us are not to be taken as strictly the real us

and our bodies are only shells.

Romans 8:23 (AV)
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Absent from the body / present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5) speaks of a temporary condition (now some 2,000 years along) where a believer in Christ who dies goes to heaven to be with him in their disembodied spirit until the day of the general resurrection when we who remain and are alive will be changed in the twinkling of an  eye (1 Corinthians 15) and the dead in Christ rise first (1 Thessalonians 4) and all our spirits will be infused with our perfected bodies (i.e. spirit - body or spirit/body) 

1 Corinthians 15:44 (AV)
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1 John 3:2 (AV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Our bodies will be like his resurrected body. But his Spirit is the Creator, God the Word. Ours are simply the created spirits we were born with.

Many have equated spirits with wills of the wisp (cloud-like) charged with power and possessing some form of personality.

Accounts like Luke 16:19-31 (the rich man and Lazarus) describe the post death realm in surprisingly physical ways.

Some say this is anthropomorphic language (fancy word for humanizing something that transcends humanity or even human ability to perceive).

Or... it can be a peek behind the veil of no only what happened in death (before the cross since Abraham's bosom has been empty since the cross see Ephesians 4:8-10)

and the conditions of the spirits and their traits.

Not so different from the physical...

Thought, intelligence, experience, the five senses (sight), speech, the ability to recognize each other thirst, pain, emotions / agony, concern, fear and compassion for the brothers on Earth...     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

7 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I have no idea what you're talking about or how it relates to the spirit of Christ mentioned in the above verses.

I quoted you three scriptures. I even looked them up for you. If you have trouble understanding the Bible there are a lot of good commentaries you can use as reference. This mostly has to do with the word Nephesh or the breath of life that we read about in Genesis.  Even you can look this word up in a dictionary to come to some understanding of what this word means. 

3 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I quoted you three scriptures. I even looked them up for you. If you have trouble understanding the Bible there are a lot of good commentaries you can use as reference. This mostly has to do with the word Nephesh or the breath of life that we read about in Genesis.  Even you can look this word up in a dictionary to come to some understanding of what this word means. 

We are not on the same page. Breath life has nothing to do with the spirit of Christ that came into the believer at the time of their new birth.