• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi

I've recently come back to the Lord but i'm confused with what happened to me. I would really appreciate a christian view point on self-harming? Im over it but i would like to understand it a bit more if any1 has any advice just give me a shout

Thanx

Lostlamb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Tryp you in here? Tried to get ahold of you before you signed off...

AP

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Sorry Jen...nothing against you, of course...I'm just still in Debate mode...

AP

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Hi

I've recently come back to the Lord but i'm confused with what happened to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Mar 5:1  And they came over to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.

Mar 5:2  And when He had come out of the boat, immediately a man with unclean spirits met Him out of the tombs,

Mar 5:3  who had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one could bind him, no, not with chains

Mar 5:4  because he had often been bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him, and the fetters broken in pieces. Nor could anyone subdue him.

Mar 5:5  And always, night and day, he was in the mountains and in the tombs, crying and cutting himself with stones.

Mar 5:6  And when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshiped Him,

Mar 5:7  and cried with a loud voice, and said, What is to me and to You, Jesus, son of the Most High God? I adjure You by God not to torment me.

Mar 5:8  For He said to him, Come out of the man, unclean spirit!

Cutting is mentioned in the bible. In this context, it clearly isnt something the Lord approves of. Im not saying cutting is caused in people exclusively by demons, but it is self destructive and against the Lord. Praise the Lord though, that He can heal us from this behavior.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

hi Lost Lamb

i don't know you at all and have never experienced harming myself physically. i just really wanted to say that i'm glad you have chosen the LORD, and to encourage you that if you remain in Him and hold fast that hope and your faith, He will quide you and keep you. There is nothing too hard for Him.

My older brother and favorite person in the world, used to physically harm himself when he was younger. we came from an abusive home and were adopted into a home where he was sexually abused. Phillip (my brother) would scratch himself very hard and deep until he bled badly. when our mother would ask him what happened he would say a bear attacked him.

i have always rationalized in my mind that because he felt he had no outlet to tell of the hurt that was being done to him, and because the harm done to him was not such that we or he could see on the outside, he hurt himself on the outside to express the inexpressable pain that he felt inside.

that's just been my understanding of phillip, who may be very different from you.

nevertheless, God bless and keep you. If you should find yourself in doubt or shaken somehow, trust in the LORD, that He is willing and able to see you through and that He will finish the work He has begun in you.

amber