IGNORED

Let's talk about the faith of Jesus Christ

Peterlag

49 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You stated: "God is in control of whom He saves AND we play a part in it, by His grace."  

After reading this again it doesn't make any sense. If God is in control of who He saves (and he is because He is sovereign), please explain the necessity for us to be involved in that decision. It sounds like you're saying that He knew before the world began who would choose Him?

He is all knowing, from eternity past to infinity future.  We are not robots.  We have freedom of choice.  Because God is Sovereign, He knows what we would freely choose before we choose.  He is God after all, and we are His people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What I'm having a hard time discerning from your posts is...

are you referring to the faith OF Christ

or

the faith IN Christ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Read verses 1-9, Particularly 2, 5, and 9. 

In Particular compare how verse 9 has been altered from the KJV to the NIV re: the topic of this post. My personal belief is that the modern translators had this cultural bias (humanism) creep in to their translations, and that it was not a conscious attempt to bring in heresy, But a cultural one. Living in a monarchial world tends to lean towards an "authoritative text" translation, Living in a democratic world tends to lean towards a humanistic text and less authoritative. Which is the right "culture", in which the original text was written in, or closer to it is, is the Monarchial culture. Hence the KJV is more accurate in its interpretation. In Questions like this, this is why I put more value in the KJV. Even the NKJV gets these things wrong, and such is the subtilty of the serpent. The culture bias at the time of translation reflects in that translation. 

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. (NIV)

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. (KJV)

Thank you so much for sharing this. I had no idea about these verses since I never look at them. When I read them here tonight I was saying what is this? Maybe the old testament because I don't recall reading this before.

15 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yes. And that is what grace is truly about. If we have found favor in God's sight we are irresistibly drawn to Him. The big "hang up" for most is accepting the fact that God's grace and mercy only extends to His elect.

How does one find favor in God's sight since all are dead in sins having no hope and without God in the world?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, David1701 said:

The Bible is our infallible rule for faith and practice, not rationalisations or philosophy.

Are you saying when you post Scripture it's Bible? But when I post Scripture it's rationalizations or philosophy?

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

He is all knowing, from eternity past to infinity future.  We are not robots.  We have freedom of choice.  Because God is Sovereign, He knows what we would freely choose before we choose.  He is God after all, and we are His people.

Those who lived at the time of the first century (when the New Testament Scriptures were first starting to be spoken) prayed boldly because they believed their prayers could change things... even God’s mind. They understood they were working with God to determine the future because God has open routes into the future and He desires we participate with Him in determining which ones to take. And so it can be said we open a window of opportunity for new possibilities for God to carry out His goal when we turn to Him in prayer.

And since prayer affects both parties and changes the situation making it different than what it was prior to the prayer. Then asking in faith may make it possible for God to do something that He could not have done without our asking. And also there are indeed times when the person making the request makes a difference to God because He is interested in a personal loving relationship with us.

So if there is no verse in the Scriptures stating God is “omniscient” meaning He knows the past, the present, and the future? Then why do so many Christians believe God is omniscient?

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

What I'm having a hard time discerning from your posts is...

are you referring to the faith OF Christ

or

the faith IN Christ?

Faith of Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

How does one find favor in God's sight since all are dead in sins having no hope and without God in the world?

This is a misinform statement...it's  a prejudicial statement...

Jesus said go and 

bring in my banquet all the people from the by way and the highways...

Amen 

He did not say the holy people the priests...

9 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is a misinform statement...it's  a prejudicial statement...

Jesus said go and 

bring in my banquet all the people from the by way and the highways...

Amen 

He did not say the holy people the priests...

Jesus is in the gospels and not the New Testament.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Who? You didn't quote nor mention any names. 

Anyone.