• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

16 hours ago, teddyv said:

Did not think I was changing the topic

Maybe you weren't. Maybe this is one of my issues that I bring up from time to time. We're all familiar with scriptures like Acts 2:21 that says "And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." and Romans 10:13 which says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Scriptures like these have given us a lot of people who are Christian in words only. What's worse, these people argue and insist that words are the only things that matter. And they actually believe it. There was a time, in the past, when your words were enough because as you pointed out, back then you could be killed for what you said. (Btw, this is still true in some Muslim countries) But in America words are cheap and mean very little. There are so many more scriptures where both Jesus and the Apostles talk about the importance of our behavior. I love where James says "faith without works is dead". (not that good behavior will get us saved) I'd say good behavior proves we are saved. They prove that when we accepted Jesus that we meant it. Furthermore, Jesus Himself made the point of if you see another person who is freezing or starving and you have extra clothes or food but you don't share it with him then what good are you. The implication is, you are not of God. But we have many so-called Christians doing just this thing. And what do we say about a married man (who believes he's a good Christian) but he spends 20 yrs having affairs which destroys what could have been a good family life. I think this man finally realized he was wrong. But during the 20 yrs he was playing games he saw himself as a fine and holy man because he said the correct words. If he repented I suppose he might be okay with God but he can't change the harm he did for 20 yrs. Assuming he has repented. Of course our words are important but our behavior is just as important. And I'm convinced it's just as important to God.