• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Sorry, but this Psalm is about the flood.

Do you have commentary supporting that?

Spurgeon

Here we have one of the loftiest and longest sustained flights of the inspired muse. The psalm gives an interpretation to the many voices of nature, and sings sweetly both of creation and providence. The poem contains a complete cosmos sea and land, cloud and sunlight, plant and animal, light and darkness, life and death, are all proved to be expressive of the presence of the Lord. Traces of the six days of creation are very evident, and though the creation of man, which was the crowning work of the sixth day, is not mentioned, this is accounted for from the fact that man is himself the singer: some have ever, discerned marks of the divine rest upon the seventh day in Ps 104:31. It is a poet's version of Genesis. Nor is it alone the present condition of the earth which is here the subject of song; but a hint is given of those holier times when we shall see "a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, "out of which the sinner shall be consumed, Ps 104:35. The spirit of ardent praise to God runs through the whole, and with it a distinct realization of the divine Being as a personal existence, loved and trusted as well as adored.

I don't know who wrote this:

Psalm 104: A truly joyful hymn of praise to the Creator, this hymn (along with Job chapter 38 and 39; Psalms 8 and 29), forms a divine poetic commentary on the Creation. The introduction to the psalm is a brief call to praise (verse 1a). The body of the psalm (verses 1b-30), expounds on the majesty of God’s creative work as few psalms do: He is infinite (verses 1b-4); He created and established the earth’s land and seas (verses 5-9); He cares for the animal kingdom by giving food and drink (verses 10-18); He established the heavenly bodies as regulatory agents (verses 19-23); He created the sea and all its contents (verses 24-26), and all living creatures are completely dependent on Him (verses 27-30). The conclusion (verses 31-35), summarizes the message of the psalm and calls upon all men to praise the Lord of creation, an act of devotion the psalmist had already demanded of himself (verses 1, 35).

Another, if interested.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Do you have commentary supporting that?

You can pretend if you want.  I am done with the topic.  Have a great day!

22 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You can pretend if you want.  I am done with the topic.  Have a great day!

I would ask what exactly I am pretending (I don't think I pretended up those links), but since you're done, then so be it.

23 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I would ask what exactly I am pretending (I don't think I pretended up those links), but since you're done, then so be it.

So, in one commentary, the commenter admits the creation of man is not even mentioned in the Psalm.  Why would man be missing?  Man is one of the biggest events. 

In verse 9, the Psalm mentions setting the boundaries so that the seas would never cover the Earth again.  

Well?  If this was about the creation, the big flaw there is that the seas obviously did cover the Earth, entirely, during Noah's time, so it cannot be about the creation.

It's about the flood of Noah.  I am sorry you disagree and that your commentaries don't address these things.  I am done with the topic.  Have a good day!

On 12/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, The Barbarian said:

No.   The laws of thermodynamics still would apply.   The sudden piling up of coastal crust and the folding and distortion of those rocks would produce enough heat to melt them.    Doesn't matter when it happens.

No, you are confusing the latent heat of condensation (turning vapor in the air into water droplets) with water that already existed under the Earth's crust gushing forth.  Water that already exists is not going through a vapor-to-droplet conversion process, so no super heat.  The majority of water from the flood showed up from under the crust. 

On 12/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, The Barbarian said:

No, that's wrong, too.   The oceans preceded Noah, if we can believe what God says in scripture.   

Not the oceans of today.   The oceans of today were under the crust before Noah set sail.

The super tall mountains of today didn't exist.  God pushed them into existence.  You can see this accordion effect in mountain ranges, today, as if a giant hand pushed them.  And yes, I know you are going to say it took trillions of years to crush this mountain together (and why not trillions since dating methods don't work?), but you should consider that there is no reason to deny God doing such a thing, when the Bible claims God did such a thing.

mountains.jpg.9ab83cd2341485779bb6dc94ace18082.jpg

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

No.   The laws of thermodynamics still would apply.   The sudden piling up of coastal crust and the folding and distortion of those rocks would produce enough heat to melt them.    Doesn't matter when it happens.

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

No, you are confusing the latent heat of condensation (turning vapor in the air into water droplets) with water that already existed under the Earth's crust gushing forth.  Water that already exists is not going through a vapor-to-droplet conversion process, so no super heat.  The majority of water from the flood showed up from under the crust. 

No, that's only a tiny part of the heat problem.  The major heat problem comes from moving and deforming all that rock.   To move continents around in less than a year would be to generate enough heat to boil the oceans.   The relatively tiny amount of water wouldn't matter much one way or another.    I can show you some numbers, if you'd like.    No matter what the dodge, there's no way to abolish the laws of thermodynamics.

The oceans preceded Noah, if we can believe what God says in scripture. 

Not the oceans of today.   The oceans of today were under the crust before Noah set sail.

That's your alteration of scripture.   It says no such thing.  

You can see this accordion effect in mountain ranges, today, as if a giant hand pushed them.

My point, exactly.  If if happened in less than a year, the friction alone would have produced enough heat to boil the oceans.   You want some numbers?

but you should consider that there is no reason to deny God doing such a thing, when the Bible claims God did such a thing.

Again, that's your addition to God's word.    And the forces used to do that, continue to operate today.   We know from where the energy comes and how fast it goes.    The movement is being accurately measured.  No point in denying the facts.   

You're assuming the worldview, held by some Israelites that the Earth was flat, covered over by a domed sky, above which was water that feel to earth through windows, and was over another ocean below the flat Earth.   There may be allusions in the Noah story about the windows in the dome of the sky letting water down, and the fountains of the deep, but those are not the message God gives us.

None of that is actually in scripture, although sometimes the language alludes to those ideas.    It's an example of assuming things outside of the actual message.    God wasn't teaching a geology lesson.    That's not what the story of Noah tells us.   Be content with those things He wants you to know.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/16/2020 at 3:08 PM, Sparks said:

Well?  If this was about the creation, the big flaw there is that the seas obviously did cover the Earth, entirely, during Noah's time, so it cannot be about the creation.

Actually, the story of Noah doesn't say the entire world was covered by water.   It says the "land" was covered by water.   Which does not indicate a global flood.   On the other hand, in Genesis 1, God says

Genesis 1:[1] In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. [2] And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

Which speaks of earth covered by water.    So again, the big flaw is that it specifially says so at the beginning of Genesis before there was any life at all.   But it wasn't the case during the flood of Noah.

3 hours ago, Sparks said:

The super tall mountains of today didn't exist.  God pushed them into existence.  You can see this accordion effect in mountain ranges, today, as if a giant hand pushed them.  And yes, I know you are going to say it took trillions of years to crush this mountain together (and why not trillions since dating methods don't work?), but you should consider that there is no reason to deny God doing such a thing, when the Bible claims God did such a thing.

mountains.jpg.9ab83cd2341485779bb6dc94ace18082.jpg

It must be fun to just make up stuff.

30 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Evolution is made up.  You would have to ask an evolutionist about making stuff up.

19 hours ago, teddyv said:

It will tell you something else, too.  Not only is Darwinian Evolution bogus, fake and unobserved, it's also literally the opposite of what God said He did.  That's an important key if you claim you are Christian.  When I say opposite, I mean that Evolution 'theory' is entirely opposite, including the small things:

(Bible) Birds before reptiles - (Evolution) Reptiles before birds
(Bible) Fruit and trees before fish - (Evolution) Fish before fruit and trees
(Bible) Oceans before land - (Evolution) Land before oceans
(Bible) Light before sun - (Evolution) Sun before light
(Bible) Land plants first - (Evolution) Marine life first
(Bible) Man brought death into the world - (Evolution) Death brought man into the world

There is much more opposites to compare if you do the research, but isn't it interesting that you have to warp definitions, claim fake transitional fossils, ignore scriptures and pretend man knows more than God for Evolution theory to appear to work out?  If you are Christian, do you honestly doubt God's own words?  He told you what He did. 

Evolution theory is a brilliant lie.  Isn't easy to imagine Satan, the father of lies, made evolution up as an exact opposite of the Biblical account?  He is laughing at those who believe it.