I don't know what my husband needs.

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My husband is the love of my life.  I hate to see him struggle with hearing God's voice again. I always pray God makes me into the helping mate he needs to be able to hear and encourage him as I'm suppose to. I always hear my husband's struggles and I pray as I do asking God to give me the correct words to help him as he does with me when I'm down.  But when I think I'm doing the correct thing or saying what I should it always back fires with him.  He says I should just listen because I dnt understand him or that I just dnt know. If I dnt say anything he gets upset and thinks I dnt care. 

I already grew up being told that I look better when I'm quiet.  I'm a very emotional person as is so please help me any advice helps. 

What I want to do know is go back to my old habits and just listen and smile like the doormat I have always felt I am.  Thats the only way ppl really like my presence 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 minutes ago, Skyybluegirl said:

My husband is the love of my life.  I hate to see him struggle with hearing God's voice again. I always pray God makes me into the helping mate he needs to be able to hear and encourage him as I'm suppose to. I always hear my husband's struggles and I pray as I do asking God to give me the correct words to help him as he does with me when I'm down.  But when I think I'm doing the correct thing or saying what I should it always back fires with him.  He says I should just listen because I dnt understand him or that I just dnt know. If I dnt say anything he gets upset and thinks I dnt care. 

I already grew up being told that I look better when I'm quiet.  I'm a very emotional person as is so please help me any advice helps. 

What I want to do know is go back to my old habits and just listen and smile like the doormat I have always felt I am.  Thats the only way ppl really like my presence 

Of course you shouldn't be a doormat.   Learn who you are in Christ....a beloved child of God.    Accepted in the Beloved.  Not a doormat.

Just treat your husband with love and respect.   If he gets upset whether you speak to him or don't speak to him....realize that the Lord is probably dealing in his heart about something.   So I would just try to be kind but perhaps not be too wordy with him.

If he still gets upset, don't let him make you feel like a doormat.   Leave him in God's hands, and remember who you are in Christ.   An accepted, beloved child of God through Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

You are a daughter of the King of all reality. No-one gets to treat you like a doormat. You should not have to tolerate any disrespect of yourself.

My advice;

Wait on God. Let the Holy Spirit guide your actions. Maybe God will use you to help, or maybe someone else, or maybe God will deal with the situation Himself. Sometimes we have to let God be God in the lives of others. It is not your responsibility to be God to your husband. Your husband must learn to find his sufficiency in Christ (as do we all).

In the meantime, you can let your husband know you are seeking God for him and praying that God will help him find his way through.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/8/2020 at 10:55 PM, Skyybluegirl said:

Terrible tragedy. You are a person as viable and interesting as anyone else. Begging your pardon, your husband sounds like a bully.

Often times being bullied as a child continues into adult life.

You are not in an enviable position in that you not only have to overcome your own timidity but in a home that you are chastised for doing so. I am joining others who are praying for you!

Let us pray for her husband's heart to be changed to nurture the precious gift he has in his Bride. In Jesus name.