Tigger56

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

@Momma_Bear I'm not going to attempt to take this much further on my part. I'm not here to argue either. In fact I despise argument. Thanks for your comments. I don't believe you are alone as there are likely others who feel the same way.

Some of this might be what a person chooses to focus on as important to them. There are many other issues too, but like Tigger56 I can't ever get around what I see as murder of innocent babies who had no choice in the matter. The candidate could have three eyeballs and it wouldn't change a thing for me personally.

For me, this isn't about WHO is right or wrong, it's about WHAT is right or wrong.

We are called as Christians to do certain things. One of those things is we don't condone sin, any sin any time or any where. Sin is sin.

We don't convict of sin. God does that. If a candidate is clearly doing something that condones a sin, no Christian should support it.

If that Christian does support it, they are as much as condoning the behavior. If no candidate can be chosen because all support it, then I support no candidate at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

4 minutes ago, Momma_Bear said:

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was trying to start an argument... I was simply expressing a point of view... personally... I am 57 years old... I live in Canada and I have NEVER voted in an election. I have been called a terrible Canadian for this stance I take.. but I do not believe politics and religion mix... and I will not vote simply for the lesser of two evils... therefore I truly should not even have participated in this conversation... Thank you for your time and graciousness.

Oh no, I didn't think that at all and I believe we need to hear alternate viewpoints. If I felt as you do I wouldn't vote here either....and who knows? In the future it might come down to that for me. I guess I see all humans as being flawed in some way. I see it in myself.

This boils down to a deeper and more common issue. The issue of judging or what someone perceives to be judging someone else because they don't see something the same way. I may not understand why, but I'm sure there were probably Christians who voted for Biden. Sin is a hot potato. What are we to do with it? Should we do anything at all? 

This concept is misguided sometimes, like within the context of a cult that teaches it's members that if they kill certain people they are going to be blessed of God for it. They have been indoctrinated on some seriously evil stuff. They are taught that theirs is the only true belief and all others should be condemned ( judged).

The difference here is where we get our information from. If we believe the Bible, then we confirm the information in it is reliable. I'll slide the caveat in there that we must study it from multiple sources to be certain about some of it with respect to context and historic time frames.

So if the Bible says something is wrong, what are we to do with it as it pertains not only to ourselves but to others?  Live our lives only to ourselves with this knowledge? Or do we take the non invasive approach and  vote, support directions and policies that agree with scriptures yet otherwise we remain on the side lines?

One thing I personally don't think we should be doing is going around pointing our fingers at everyone telling them how evil they all are and what sins they shouldn't be engaging in. Voting is different. It gives us some opportunity to side with right through the process. The pulpit is different. People go there to hear what they need to do. I could go stand on a soap box in town square if God laid that on my heart. He hasn't yet. If He did, I would.

For me looking at Christians and politics is simply lining up the dots. If they voted contrary to it, this is on them. Nothing for me to do. I would question it though, just because for me those dots aren't lining up. Is that judging?  Just doesn't make sense to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Momma_Bear said:

Oh my.... I don't want to argue.... I may have worded it incorrectly..... What I am talking about is the I'm RIGHT and they're WRONG attitude. You don't understand how people who are Christian could have voted for Biden.... Many Christians perhaps felt that in their good conscience... they were unable to support Trump's offensive and demeaning behaviour any longer. The elections will be settled soon and everyone will have to accept the outcome whether Trump wins or doesn't. 

AT the end of the day... the Christians who voted for Biden did so with the same passion that you voted for Trump. God sees the heart... and more importantly... HE is the one in control. I hope that explains things better... It is not my intent to argue. I have heard your case Tigger56... I respect that you feel this way. 

Disagreement even passionately doesn't always have to mean argument. I do realize that Christians can sincere in what they do, but one can be sincere and still be wrong. But those who did vote for Biden are supporting the ideology of the party that he stands with. I greatly desire to see how they can justify the supporting of abortion. But usually they deflect by voicing that Trump's behavior was bad and do not have a ready reply as to why they ignore the word of God in regards to life. How can a Christian no matter of how little they like Trump support what is clearly wrong. In regards to Trump's lack of finesse at times, Trump would have done better not to have replied to all that disagreed, but also I know that he was fought against and attacked the moment he took office. Its amazing that the party that declared the election was corrupt and the election was influenced by Russia are the same one that are now saying that the election can't be tampered with and that Trump shouldn't fight it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Momma_Bear said:

I absolutely agree with getting HONEST election results... as I stated earlier... I just found out that the election has not actually officially been called... I assumed when the news centers call it... it's because the votes have been tabulated and confirmed... but that is not the case.... This in my estimation is very dangerous... How humiliating for Biden it will be if they have declared him victorious when and if this is not the case. 

Anyways... enjoy the rest of your discussion... I have said more than my fair share. 

The media unfortunately believes they get to name the president. But by our constitution each secretary of state must sign off on the official tabulation of the votes and the electoral votes must be cast. It is also right that the president in office can dispute the election if they feel there have been irregularities and there has been a lot of evidence of that in this election. The actual determination of the who will be president may not be completed for some time yet. Appreciate the comments.