• Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Monday 11-16-20 Cheshvan 29, 5781 2nd. day of the weekly cycle,
56th. Fall Day

Death Of The Firstborn Threatened: Exodus Eleven:1-10

Exodus Eleven 
King James Bible Par ▾

The Plague on the Firstborn Foretold

1And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether. 2Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold. 3And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people.

4And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: 5And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts. 6And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.

7But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel. 8And all these thy servants shall come down unto me, and bow down themselves unto me, saying, Get thee out, and all the people that follow thee: and after that I will go out. And he went out from Pharaoh in a great anger.

9And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt. 10And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Exodus Twelve:1-51  The Passover Instituted 1-28, The Children Of Israel Begin Their Journey 29-42, Passover To Be Observed Yearly 43-51

Love always, Walter and Debbie
Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Walter and Deborah

Here we have the final and fatal warning for the Pharaoh, worse than a warning of death to the Pharaoh himself. 

I don’t often like how they depict this scene in movies.   I believe it’s in Cecil B DeMille’s classic in which he envisions this moment very poorly, effectively making it seem as Pharaoh’s idea or temptation.  The fact of the matter is that way back in Exodus 4:23 Yahweh said that this would happen.  

It’s interesting that in verse 8 we see Moses storm out in anger.  It shows the bravery he thought he would never have back at the burning bush.  At first he is worried that the Pharaoh would never listen to him and spoke through Aaron.  By the end it seems as he is talking down to the Pharaoh in wrath and indignation. 

21 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

And all these thy servants shall come down unto me, and bow down themselves unto me, saying, Get thee out, and all the people that follow thee: and after that I will go out. And he went out from Pharaoh in a great anger.

Hah!  What a development of character and what boldness.  

This boldness in Moses' indignation would be triggered again, albeit against Israel, and quite a few times.  Now, even though this was a righteous indignation, ultimately this anger would be the cause of his undoing, at the waters of Meribah.   

Of course, the trials Moses went through were very intense compared to what we face today.  But may the waters of Meribah serve to remind us that whilst righteous indignation is acceptable, personal/selfish indignation totally unacceptable - whoever you are. 

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 1