• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,032
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Scripture says the mind of flesh cannot please God.

The king James says:

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Taking verse 6 into account, it is clear that Paul is talking about being carnally minded, not about a built in flesh nature. But rather about states of mind.

So the Berean translation is:

Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.

Someone sincerely reading the Bible for direction is not controlled by the flesh,
and anyone can read the Bible for direction.

43 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What you're posting is a position without a single actual verse stating non-believers can and do become believers simply by repenting via their own might.

God commands all men everywhere to repent. Acts 17:30

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God Romans 10:17

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus.... Romans 10:9

You want me to believe that not every non-believer reading Romans 10:9
can be led to belief. And that makes no sense.

Romans 10:9 is the Holy Spirit reaching out to non-believers,
that is Why it is written down!

That is why the writing has been preserved, men did not preserve it God did, so that all men throughout all time until He returns, might read it, believe, and be led to a lasting relationship with Him.

For faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

And Romans 10 is the word of God.

Romans, Corinthians, Acts, Matthew, Mark, Luke...

These are the seeds of the apostles!

The seed is the word of God Luke 8:11

They on good soil are them that hear the word of God, believe, and go on to produce more seed.

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

Where does the Bible say he was given a chance to repent? I read that he was a liar from the beginning. Maybe I missed it? 

Edited by FrankIeCip

8 minutes ago, FrankIeCip said:

Where does the Bible say he was given a chance to repent? I read that he was a liar from the beginning. Maybe I missed it? 

God is Love 1 John 4:8

God loves all of His creation, and has demonstrated love to all of His creation,
if the devil had any opportunity to repent, it was during the temptation of Christ,
and I say that he perhaps saw that he could have tried to stop the ordeal, hoping for mercy, realizing the nature of what was happening. But he pridefully chose to carry on with trying to see God die. And then what did God do? He painfully died, (John 10:17-18) giving the devil a precious memory, but yet still, the devil rages on. Therefore his damnation is justified, the fact that he will suffer in hell forever is justified, God having shown him much love in fantastical ways.

6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

The evidence now shows you couldn't be bothered to take 15 seconds to verify your post before dissenting. 

Its says the mind controlled by the flesh cannot please God

and Paul goes on to urge us to therefore be controlled by the Spirit.

For if you live after the flesh you shall die,

but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live.

The words Christ spoke are the direction of the Spirit.

And all the world has the opportunity to be led by His words.

immer.jpg

eightsix.jpg

You're still not providing what was requested. You have not provided a single verse stating non-believers can make themselves believers salvifically

Why is scripture written? Why did Christ come into the world, to puff up believers, or to save non-believers? To comfort the righteous, or to save sinners?

No one is pre-destined to go to hell (period, end of discussion)

So please stop beating around the bush and avoiding the request. Have you got an actual verse stating God haters and God deniers can confess God and repent on their own or not? 

I never said they can repent on their own.
What it is, dear one, as I said, is that they can read.

Gods word is written down for them to read, an invitation letter to all, penned by the Holy Spirit. And, faith, comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God,

Romans 10:17 is the verse dear one, faith comes by hearing, someone who does not have faith gets it by hearing the word of God! That is what the scripture says.

For how shall they hear without a preacher?

We as believers are supposed to be spreading the word of God.

The seed is the word of God, Luke 8:11, fruit are therefore people that hear the word of God from us and grow to produce more seed.

Therefore Paul wrote many letters down and we have them still today. Such is the nature of Gods invitation to the wicked, its written down, in fact one of the first things God did directly Himself, is write down His invitation, all who take it, and follow it are led of God, not the flesh, led of God into the presence of God. And it is good news that the invitation, the direction to His presence, has become easier; simply believe in His Son, sincerely believe that He died and rose again, and therefore believe His simple teaching, for the 10 directions on the initial invitation have been summarized as 1 direction: love. Matthew 7:12, John 15:12 

An open invitation to all mankind, written down in stone, and here now again.

And most certainly, I think I have the Spirit, and most certainly right now these words are an invitation to those who don't believe, who may happen to see these posts. 

No one is pre-destined to go to hell, all may hear the word of God and choose to believe it.

Guest kingdombrat
Just now, Josheb said:

I would like to clarify something here because it is very relevant. 

Yes, Jesus was often harsh. Paul too was often harsh. They had a mandate to be so. We do not. Some Christians claim, "We are to be like Christ," or "We should emulate Paul," but that is not what Jesus or Paul taught regarding peer-oriented relationships within the ekklesia. 

Paul, especially, made it quite clear some are given to the body as apostles, prophets, evangelists, preachers and teachers. Some, not all. When it comes to peer-to-peer interactions we are to owe no one anything but love, to think of others more significant than ourselves, to be on good terms with all others as far as it is possible within our ability to do so, to speak words of edification - even if posting teaching, correction, or rebuke. 

We owe one another love, not the harshness Jesus expressed to the legalistic hypocritically law-breaking  covenant breaking Savior murderers. 

We owe love. What does that look like? 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;  it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 

Even when speaking with those outside of the faith we are directed to speak with grace. 

Colossians 4:5-6
"Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.  Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person."

So no one gets a pass just because they don't like another's post, they way they write, or their belief the poster may not know God. Why? Because...

1 Corinthians 13:2
"If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."

Now, can we get back to the op-relevant content?

And that is good because Yeshua said we only had to offer 1 side of our cheek.

Guest kingdombrat
Just now, kingdombrat said:

The Aramaic name given to Jesus when He was born into this world.

The real name is Eshu, but they called Him Yeshua.