luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

With a great falling away set to occur when the man of sin comes around (2 Thessalonians 2), I was hoping to get some opinions on what the truth is that a billion plus individuals will refuse to love is, and what the lie is that they will instead choose over the truth?

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

Simple.  

Do not be deceived by any man.  

Satan is coming as the "instead of Christ".  If you have not studied and so do not have the knowledge God gives us YOU WILL BE DECEIVED into believing that the antichrist is in fact Christ.  (the great falling away) (EVER wonder why "the church" is not mentioned through out Revelation?  Because Satan will deceive the world and so ALL the "churches" claiming to be of God, will NO LONGER BE OF GOD, having been deceived they will be OF SATAN.  So it isn't that the "church" is "raptured pre trib", it is EXACTLY as it is written to all the messages to the churches 

It isn't going to be through "A church" -  a group within the confines of walls or doctrines or any of the other things but it will be BY INDIVIDUAL MERIT.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations 

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

When one falls for that deception, that the anti Christ is Christ, then though one may "believe" their love is going to God, the reality is it is going to Gods enemy.  We can not serve 2 masters.  HEART AND MIND.  KNOWLEDGE THAT BRINGS ABOUT FEELINGS, NOT FEELINGS THAT MAKE YOU "BELIEVE" you have knowledge.  

That is why the great whore is BABYLON aka confusion.  It is FROM the lack of knowledge and the teachers of false doctrine that make void the word of God.  

Earthly or Spiritual. 

The earthly man will look for Babylon as a location or person or entity here on earth on which to "pin" down an understanding.  

Satans kingdom is rising out of the nations of today setting up for what will be the hour of temptation.  They will come together when Satan is cast out and lands on earth and by then Gods truth will have been mostly lost.  Thank God for the two witnesses that will be there to turn the eyes and ears of those who are starting to fall back to the TRUTH before it is too late.  

Revelation 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Genesis 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Words that many take as CASUAL, aren't. 

Many are taught "what they feel" or "what they say" will be all that is needed to pass.  THAT ISN'T WHAT GODS WORD SAYS, not by any means.  But that WOULD be the teaching of EVERYONE who would like nothing more than to see no one reading the Bible.  

Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Ever wonder how this would effect say "a disappearing" of a billion people off the face of the earth?  Would that be considered a sign?  

Probably just another verse to be made "VOID" ,  must be super easy by now with all the others that have fallen victim to , well, anything that does that to them.  

Wonder what the "strong delusion" that is spoken of  RIGHT THERE?  

Lets see.  Gods Word says 
 "that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

A strong delusion WOULD BE 

"THAT DAY COMING BEFORE"

in my humble opinion

1Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

1Corinthians 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

1Corinthians 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Corinthians 1:19 For it is written,

I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

"a billion disappear", a sign?  Certainly WOULD BE "for those left behind" wouldn't it????

"you don't understand and conflagrate and out of context", wisdom of man speaking

The falling away is from God. 

They  (the faithful church of today)  are "overcome" by lies and deception and so "IDOLIZE/ worship" AN IMPOSTER, a pretender  (BECOMing UNFAITHFUL/A WHORE/with child) 

ALBEIT the best the world will ever know, one soooooo gooood that the time had to be shortened or else EVEN Gods elect would be deceived. 

If that isn't the slap of reality needed,  I don't know what is.  

21 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

They  (the faithful church of today)  are "overcome" by lies and deception and so "IDOLIZE/ worship" AN IMPOSTER, a pretender  (BECOMing UNFAITHFUL/A WHORE/with child) 

ALBEIT the best the world will ever know, one soooooo gooood that the time had to be shortened or else EVEN Gods elect would be deceived. 

If that isn't the slap of reality needed,  I don't know what is.  

Thank you for your reply DeighAnn,

While I agree that we should overcome our carnal inclinations and that the faithful church of today will be overcome by the lie the man of sin will advocate for; more specifics on what this lie is that the man of sin will advocate for that will convert one billion plus currently claiming faith in Christ to renounce their faith in Christ's Way, would be welcome.

One hint I can provide is that the man of sin has numerous aliases, being also referred to as the beasts mouth, the little horn of the beast, the Antichrist, and the Abomination of desolation, which represent just the most relevant to this topic. As such, scriptures in relation to these other aliases for the man of sin will provide the truth on what the lie is that people will accept, while rejecting the truth, just so that they may continue to take pleasure in unbelieving.

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Hi Luigi!

Here is an in depth study of 2 Thessalonians2:1-12 with lots of proof texts:

https://sumofthyword.com/2017/01/18/the-mystery-of-lawlessness/

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, luigi said:

I was hoping to get some opinions on what the truth is that a billion plus individuals will refuse to love is, and what the lie is that they will instead choose over the truth?

“The Spirit clearly says that in the last times some will turn away from what we believe. They will obey spirits that tell lies. And they will follow the teachings of demons. Those teachings come through people who tell lies and trick others. These evil people cannot see what is right and what is wrong. It is like their conscience has been destroyed with a hot iron. They say that it is wrong to marry. And they say that there are some foods that people must not eat. But God made these foods, and those who believe and who understand the truth can eat them with thanks.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-3‬ ‭

“Remember this: There are some terrible times coming in the last days. People will love only themselves and money. They will be proud and boast about themselves. They will abuse others with insults. They will not obey their parents. They will be ungrateful and against all that is pleasing to God. They will have no love for others and will refuse to forgive anyone. They will talk about others to hurt them and will have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. People will turn against their friends. They will do foolish things without thinking and will be so proud of themselves. Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure. They will go on pretending to be devoted to God, but they will refuse to let that “devotion” change the way they live. Stay away from these people! Some of them go into homes and get control over weak women, whose lives are full of sin—women who are led into sin by all the things they want. These women always want to learn something new, but they are never able to fully understand the truth.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-7‬ ‭

“When that Man of Evil comes, it will be the work of Satan. He will come with great power, and he will do all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders. The Man of Evil will use every kind of evil to fool those who are lost. They are lost because they refused to love the truth and be saved. So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie. They will all be condemned because they did not believe the truth and because they enjoyed doing evil.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:9

“But the beast was captured, and the false prophet was also captured. He was the one who did the miracles for the beast. He had used these miracles to trick those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its idol. The false prophet and the beast were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:20‬ ‭

37 minutes ago, Moby said:

Hi Luigi!

Here is an in depth study of 2 Thessalonians2:1-12 with lots of proof texts:

https://sumofthyword.com/2017/01/18/the-mystery-of-lawlessness/

Hi Moby, As with my response with DeighAnn, I agree with much of what is in the site you suggested to look at in regards to the mystery of lawlessness, but which also lacks in specifics as to the lie the man of sin will advocate that will have one billion plus currently who claim faith in Christ, to accept the lie while rejecting the truth.

Also as I responded to DeighAnn, the Lord does provide us with numerous cross references with the man of sin, whose other aliases (the Antichrist, the abomination of desolation, the beasts mouth, the little horn of the beast) provide the answer as to what the lie is, and what the truth is about the lie that many billions of people will reject, just so that they may continue taking pleasure in unrighteousness.

A second clue that I will now provide is that as we are aware the man of sin also represents little horn of the beast, aka the beast's mouth, then events associated in scriptures about the beast would correlate with those of the man of sin. 

40 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

“The Spirit clearly says that in the last times some will turn away from what we believe. They will obey spirits that tell lies. And they will follow the teachings of demons. Those teachings come through people who tell lies and trick others. These evil people cannot see what is right and what is wrong. It is like their conscience has been destroyed with a hot iron. They say that it is wrong to marry. And they say that there are some foods that people must not eat. But God made these foods, and those who believe and who understand the truth can eat them with thanks.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-3‬ ‭

“Remember this: There are some terrible times coming in the last days. People will love only themselves and money. They will be proud and boast about themselves. They will abuse others with insults. They will not obey their parents. They will be ungrateful and against all that is pleasing to God. They will have no love for others and will refuse to forgive anyone. They will talk about others to hurt them and will have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. People will turn against their friends. They will do foolish things without thinking and will be so proud of themselves. Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure. They will go on pretending to be devoted to God, but they will refuse to let that “devotion” change the way they live. Stay away from these people! Some of them go into homes and get control over weak women, whose lives are full of sin—women who are led into sin by all the things they want. These women always want to learn something new, but they are never able to fully understand the truth.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-7‬ ‭

“When that Man of Evil comes, it will be the work of Satan. He will come with great power, and he will do all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders. The Man of Evil will use every kind of evil to fool those who are lost. They are lost because they refused to love the truth and be saved. So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie. They will all be condemned because they did not believe the truth and because they enjoyed doing evil.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:9

“But the beast was captured, and the false prophet was also captured. He was the one who did the miracles for the beast. He had used these miracles to trick those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its idol. The false prophet and the beast were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:20‬ ‭

Yes Hopefully, Everything you have stated is correct, which has been rephrased by others here. These shortcomings of people, however, do not provide the answer as to what specifically the lie is the man of sin will advocate, that will turn a billion plus currently who claim faith in Christ  and what Christ stands for, to join in with billions of other non believers.

I will once again state that the answer can be found with whom the man of sin, who has various aliases, is associated with.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

5 minutes ago, luigi said:

Hi Moby, As with my response with DeighAnn, I agree with much of what is in the site you suggested to look at in regards to the mystery of lawlessness, but which also lacks in specifics as to the lie the man of sin will advocate that will have one billion plus currently who claim faith in Christ, to accept the lie while rejecting the truth.

Also as I responded to DeighAnn, the Lord does provide us with numerous cross references with the man of sin, whose other aliases (the Antichrist, the abomination of desolation, the beasts mouth, the little horn of the beast) provide the answer as to what the lie is, and what the truth is about the lie that many billions of people will reject, just so that they may continue taking pleasure in unrighteousness.

A second clue that I will now provide is that as we are aware the man of sin also represents little horn of the beast, aka the beast's mouth, then events associated in scriptures about the beast would correlate with those of the man of sin. 

Please remember that it is not a specific sin but any willful sin:

Hebrews 10:26-31  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins,  (27)  but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries.  (28)  A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses:  (29)  of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  (30)  For we know him that said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.  (31)  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Paul summed it as any work of the flesh that a Christian continues to practice rather than repent of:

Galatians 5:13-21  For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another.  (14)  For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  (15)  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.  (16)  But I say, Walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  (17)  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other; that ye may not do the things that ye would.  (18)  But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.  (19)  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  (20)  idolatry, sorcery(Greek~pharmakia~medication) , enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,  (21)  envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The 7 years of tribulation will be wilderness experience where the Christian is proved whether they will continue in sin or overcome:

1 Peter 4:12-19  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial among you, which cometh upon you to prove you, as though a strange thing happened unto you:  (13)  but insomuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings, rejoice; that at the revelation of his glory also ye may rejoice with exceeding joy.  (14)  If ye are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are ye; because the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God resteth upon you.  (15)  For let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil-doer, or as a meddler in other men's matters:  (16)  but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name.  (17)  For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?  (18)  And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?  (19)  Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing unto a faithful Creator.

5 minutes ago, Moby said:

Please remember that it is not a specific sin but any willful sin:

Hebrews 10:26-31  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins,  (27)  but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries.  (28)  A man that hath set at nought Moses' law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses:  (29)  of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  (30)  For we know him that said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.  (31)  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Paul summed it as any work of the flesh that a Christian continues to practice rather than repent of:

Galatians 5:13-21  For ye, brethren, were called for freedom; only use not your freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through love be servants one to another.  (14)  For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  (15)  But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.  (16)  But I say, Walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  (17)  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other; that ye may not do the things that ye would.  (18)  But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.  (19)  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  (20)  idolatry, sorcery(Greek~pharmakia~medication) , enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,  (21)  envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The 7 years of tribulation will be wilderness experience where the Christian is proved whether they will continue in sin or overcome:

1 Peter 4:12-19  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial among you, which cometh upon you to prove you, as though a strange thing happened unto you:  (13)  but insomuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings, rejoice; that at the revelation of his glory also ye may rejoice with exceeding joy.  (14)  If ye are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are ye; because the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God resteth upon you.  (15)  For let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil-doer, or as a meddler in other men's matters:  (16)  but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name.  (17)  For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?  (18)  And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear?  (19)  Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing unto a faithful Creator.

I agree Moby that it is many sins; but it is one lie that the pleasures for indulging in many sins will be based on.

Clue #3, it is the lie the beasts mouth/the man of sin will advocate for under the beast, that will have the whole world who are not written in the lambs book of life in adoration of the beasts mouth/the man of sin (Revelation 13:8), and is the reason why they will also be in adoration of the dragon and the beast (Revelation 13:4).

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?