• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Godman, in this your are right. How do we, people, come up with some of the conclusions we come up with. There has not been enough evidence provided to come up with a conclusion.

Oneaccord and Nebula, I want to address you both at the same time. I have no illusions about changing the Methodist church organization. However, I find myself in a unique situation. I have been asked to preach in the church I attend and in the sister church. That gives me the opportunity to preach the good news. The gospel if you will, and Lord willing I will. I know He is willing. In that, I am preaching to a mission field. I have preached there before and they have not throwed me out yet. Rather I am seeing fruit, people are finding there way.

I have actually directed people to other more healthy churches. Although, most healthy churches around here are few and far between.

I am not alone. I do have christian brothers, not in my church, but around this area to give me encouragement and spiritual support. I am not a lone ranger.

"Are you capable (other than prayer) of holding a position of influence in the church?"

The answer, so far yes. They even want to make me a lay speaker and the pastor thinks I should go for my own church. How long this lasts, only the Lord knows. But I plan on speaking the truth, as I know it, as long as they will hear my voice. And for the record I keep it simple, about Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection. I have so far been able to influence the prayer life of the members of this community.

I will consider and pray about the other things you two have said. I respect what you have said. And I will take it to heart, Thank you.

Jatfa, I did not intend on hijacking your thread, for this I opologize. I am also thankful for what you have posted to me. Thank you.

I want to leave with this one thought for you all to consider.

"Sometimes it is what we can bring to the table, not what the table can bring to us."

:a:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

We left our Methodist church six weeks ago and I am so thankful that my husband finally saw the light and we are outta there. I am also thankful that my President took a stand and would not meet with them.  John, you are so right about that denomination - your concerns are not unfounded and very valid!

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Rafter: As always, you have such a sweet, Christlike spirit and I know you're heart is so sincere in wanting to reach the lost - even those in churches.

I recently read where being in a church that is teaching wrong doctrine is like being on a ship that you think is headed for New York but you discover it's going to Taiwan.  You might stay on the ship thinking you can grab the steering wheel and turn it around, but you will be in mutiny to do it.

OA: I know we don't always agree on all issues but here  you read my mind. This is an excellent point you make and very well spoken. I totally agree with you...it's a tough choice to make.

When I was reading your analogy, I kept thinking about the Titanic ...a doomed vessel ready to sink.

Guest shadow2b
--------bumpp----tithes are UNDER the LAW----keep one point of the LAW---keep ALL the LAW--BREAK one point of the LAW guilty of breaking ALL------Just a thought---

--------bumpp----tithes are UNDER the LAW----keep one point of the LAW---keep ALL the LAW--BREAK one point of the LAW guilty of breaking ALL------Just a thought---

excuse me, but huh?  Am I missing something Shadow. I have been acused of being dense at times, but in relation to the topic I don't get what you mean........

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Sorry Gary!

I never saw this. OK, fair enough, to avoid all legal aspects, "tithes and offerings" will now only be referred to as "what I threw in the plate as it passed by".  :hmmm:

Called

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Fight the good fight, rafter.  The apostate church is a sinking ship.  But the people caught up in them are worth saving.  Preach it, bro.  Pray hard for protection in the devil's playground.  Keep your eyes wide open, and take heed that ye be not decieved.  Drink deeply from the well when you find yourself in a dry and thirsty land.

Thanks oneaccord, I will take that as a real word from a fellow believer............... :a:

Guest blessedbygod
As a born again believer,I respect him. President Bush is a born again believer. I do not go to a church that don't believe in Jesus as THE SAVIOR. We have so many churches now that believe there are more ways to be saved and say Jesus is not the only way any more. This is false doctorine and President Bush would go against God if he would have gone to speak at that church. we are living on the edge of the rapture to happen any time. God said in the last days many will be decieved even the most elect. And this is happening now. How can any Pastor that knows Gods word say there is more than one way to salvation and do not believe in the virgin birth ect.We have to be faithful as christians and we can't go to churches that don't preach that Jesus is the only way.....