IGNORED

Judging Fellow Believers

Guest C.D. Light

Guest C.D. Light
Furthermore, we who are true born again believers are going to judge angels some day AND the World!

the key word is ... some day!

InHis--Your too late. Its already a done deal for those of us who are not trying to work our way to heaven.

CD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Someone said it is discouraging to the unbeliever. Well to tell you the truth it's also dicouraging to the believer. I haven't posted here much, but I have read much and some of the judging going on is unbelievable. I see lashing out and nashing of teeth and none of it benefits anyone. Pride is a very ugly thing and being on the sidelines watching it is very disconcerting. In the world I bite my tongue alot like when someone uses Gods name in vain. I have to tell myself how far will I get with a person if I start out the relationship by criticizing them? Someone also mentioned judging others by their fruits or their actions. I have a bumper sticker on my truck that says christians are not perfect just forgiven. All of us have done something or said something that at one time or another if someone who didn't know us well saw or heard it would say how can that person be a christian? We each know in our hearts how we feel about our relationship with Christ, but is it always evident, 24 hours a day to those around us? Probably not, or in truth not. Even as someone who has studied and been in guidance of the Holy Spirit I still get confused at times. So I might assume others do also. I have seen to often both sides of a disagreement claim to be discerning Gods words through the Holy Spirit. That may get very confusing for someone who is not capable of all the study others do. I mean who do you believe, both claim divine interpretation, how is one to know which is correct? Also when I'm reading an argument many times the very same people who throw out saved by grace are turning tail and putting a ton of conditions on that very same salvation. I would have to say the new person could get so bogged down by all the confusion that they are walking away instead of learning anything useful about a life with Christ. To be honest I have been one to get so into the study of scripture that for a time I lost the ability to tell others of the Joy to be found in a life with Christ. I lost the simple relaxed contentment of knowing that God loves me regardless of how studious I am or how imperfect, I became obsessed with straightening out others of their incorrect theology. Basically I became miserable and that is not what he intended. Pretty basically once I started seeking out the flaws in others I became useless to God and that was lonely and a very dark place to be in. So for this christian judging others is not for me, I have enough to worry about just keeping my own pride in check. And to tell the truth this is no simple task. When I read something or hear something it is very tempting to throw my two cents out there. But really prayer for others is much more effective then a verbal lashing any day.

Love in Christ

Shilou

When last seen in the flesh, Christ judged us by willingly humbling himself on the cross.

Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Amen!

I Am Truly Blessed By My Brothers And Sisters

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

Psalms 133:1

:rolleyes:

The Judge Speakes

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Jeremiah 29:11

Offering Healthy Heart Food

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

And Righteous Robes To All Naked Prisoners Of Sin And Death

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Isaiah 61:10

:blink:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Hallelujah!

:th_praying:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, we are "judged" by the MEASURE with which WE judge. And that is fine with me. Judge away because I am not guilty of the same thing which I am judging as wrong.

I think this is wrong, in that not being guilty of a particular sin doesn't give special right to judge that sin, because we're all guilty of some type of sin, so in God's eyes we're all part of the problem. If the collective, big problem with humanity it sin, then in that sense, we are all guilty of the same thing. An imperfect analogy..........if it were a sin to eat ice cream, I could see humanity fighting over certain flavors of ice cream being less sinful than others.

I also think that since we all still see others from our own sinful perspective, it pollutes our judgment which may be why there are verses against judgment. How do you correctly judge sin from a sinful perspective?

Having said all that, we obviously have to judge in the sense of distinguishing from right and wrong. I'm not talking about walking around with blinders. I need to be able to tell my son certain things. I need to be able to say that stealing is wrong, certain lifestyles, etc.

Furthermore, we who are true born again believers are going to judge angels some day AND the World!

This is for later......not for now anymore than necessary because we ourselves are still looking at others through our own sinful perspective.

So lets not treat judging the same as we might swearing or some god awful cardinal sin of some sort. It is NOT.

Let's also not get too anxious about it either.......I don't think it's supposed to be some kind of authority trip.

Without good judgement, we can get ourselves in a whole lot of trouble, and I hate trouble. :emot-pray:

This is difficult to argue against, but mostly because it reads as if you're applying the judgment to your own actions, which is good and which I'm sure you do.

Edited by seekeratthesea

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  1

Do YOU believe that Christians who seem to take pride in attempting to sit in judgement of others cause a serious problem in many of today's churches?

There is no doubt in my mind. They most definitely do. I wonder if the right leadership would see it and stop the trouble instead of it tearing down a church. Haven't seen the leadership intervene appropriately, so I don't know.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  1

Wow. Just saw the date on the post I just replied to. Guess I've been "dumpster diving" again (as someone once called it).