• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1974

I personally only listen to Southern Gospel Music. I love the Gaithers, The Issacs, and all the others.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I have a pretty wide range in my musical tastes *grin* from Bach to Toby Mac and even some Linkin Park (some). My current favourite artists are Evanescence, U2, Loreena McKennitt (Canadian artist with an ethnic flair), Great Big Sea (Canadian group with an original, Maritime style), Deliriou5?, 3 Doors Down, Nat "King" Cole, Louis Armstrong, DC Talk (and their solo work), Andrea Boccelli, Josh Groban, Rebecca St. James, Sixpence None the Richer, Newsboys, Selah, and The W's...Okay, there ARE more, but I think you get the idea :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Loreena McKennitt is an occultist, which is why you can buy her CDs on this website.

I know... I used to listen to her many years ago when I was into a lot of "New Age" stuff.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I noticed that some here said that they listen to heavy metal and hard rock. There was a time when you would hardly have found anything but those types of music in my cd player. The thing that I found though is when I had listened to it, my mood would sort of change to suit the music I had just listened to, which was aggressive and angry. I don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I have a pretty wide range in my musical tastes *grin* from Bach to Toby Mac and even some Linkin Park (some). My current favourite artists are Evanescence, U2, Loreena McKennitt (Canadian artist with an ethnic flair), Great Big Sea (Canadian group with an original, Maritime style), Deliriou5?, 3 Doors Down, Nat "King" Cole, Louis Armstrong, DC Talk (and their solo work), Andrea Boccelli, Josh Groban, Rebecca St. James, Sixpence None the Richer, Newsboys, Selah, and The W's...Okay, there ARE more, but I think you get the idea :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Loreena McKennitt is an occultist, which is why you can buy her CDs on this website.

I know... I used to listen to her many years ago when I was into a lot of "New Age" stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know she's a Wiccan...I just can't find anyone with a comparable style. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't personally bought anything of hers...I just copy my parent's CD's :cool:

I have a pretty wide range in my musical tastes *grin* from Bach to Toby Mac and even some Linkin Park (some). My current favourite artists are Evanescence, U2, Loreena McKennitt (Canadian artist with an ethnic flair), Great Big Sea (Canadian group with an original, Maritime style), Deliriou5?, 3 Doors Down, Nat "King" Cole, Louis Armstrong, DC Talk (and their solo work), Andrea Boccelli, Josh Groban, Rebecca St. James, Sixpence None the Richer, Newsboys, Selah, and The W's...Okay, there ARE more, but I think you get the idea :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know she's a Wiccan...I just can't find anyone with a comparable style. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't personally bought anything of hers...I just copy my parent's CD's :cool:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call me a legalist, but I don't think Christians have any business listening to Satanic music.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

My favorite is old time gospel and southern especially the song "Jeruselem" by the Hoppers.I also like the sounds a pan flute makes.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call me a legalist, but I don't think Christians have any business listening to Satanic music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The music itself isn't satanic. Most of it's old poems (like Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott") and fables put to music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The music itself isn't satanic. Most of it's old poems (like Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott") and fables put to music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Satan is clever and music is very powerful. Music was always an idol to me and Satan has used it once before to effectively cause me to backslide. I have since committed to only listening to "Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs."

If it isn't godly music provoking worship to God, it is carnal musci provoking worship of earthly things... like the music, itself or the person playing/creating the music.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Phi 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Phi 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Phi 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Satanic music should never be listened to by Christians, regardless of the justification. This isn't legalism, it is wisdom and love for God. Satan is the enemy of God.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Jam 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Jam 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Jam 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

Jam 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on you... I'm just sharing what I feel the Lord's will to be in this area.

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Wicca, and wiccans, are an abomination to the Lord. We ought not to be taking pleasure in them in any form.

God bless.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Define what a psalm is. In your quest for purification you have become a Dualist...which is just as much an abomination as witch craft. So be careful how you handle an issue and personal belief.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

This world is full of sin. Can't get away from it. We can try but it is all around us. Listen to music that suits your mood. If you listen to music that makes you p.o, don't listen to it.