• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Iryssa, I do know a little bit about this stuff, although I wasn't "Wiccan," praise God.

If I'm twisting the text please show me where I am doing that.

Regarding "metaphors."

"Darkness" is a metaphor for evil. It is universally accepted as so. It is used that way in the Bible, and it is used that way in the world of "wicca/paganism" This is what McKinnet is talking about, not the "depth of range of the music."

That is the context and meaning.

Take a look at her.... tell me she isn't evil as she sits in this photo wearing an upside down cross.

No only is she wearing an upside down cross, but she is also wearing a ceremonial red robe which is also significant.

Don't be seduced by the things of darkness.

And this will be my last post on this because I'm a little uneasy with websites that I've had to visit in order to post this info. Website of witchcraft, Satanism, etc.

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Iryssa, I do know a little bit about this stuff, although I wasn't "Wiccan," praise God.

If I'm twisting the text please show me where I am doing that.

Regarding "metaphors."

"Darkness" is a metaphor for evil. It is universally accepted as so. It is used that way in the Bible, and it is used that way in the world of "wicca/paganism" This is what McKinnet is talking about, not the "depth of range of the music."

That is the context and meaning.

Take a look at her.... tell me she isn't evil as she sits in this photo wearing an upside down cross.

No only is she wearing an upside down cross, but she is also wearing a ceremonial red robe which is also significant.

Don't be seduced by the things of darkness.

And this will be my last post on this because I'm a little uneasy with websites that I've had to visit in order to post this info. Website of witchcraft, Satanism, etc.

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.  :noidea:

And, the fact that her stuff is sold all over the net on Satanic websites is evidence enough for me that "she is one of them."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have shown you how you have manipulated the words of the song. If you want specifics, then show me exactly where it says "Pagan sounds of pulsating darkness."

Iryssa, you are correct in that I've summed up the issue. Since you asked, here it how I did it.

Loreena says, "...To drums that pulse out echoes of darkness..."

Now, drums are musical instruments that give off sound. The sounds that she describes are "pulsing echoes of darkness."

Next, she says "...Moving to the pagan sound."

So, is it not logical to conclude that the "pagan sound" that she is describing is the "pusling echoes of darkness" that the drums are giving off?

Wicca/paganism is darkness according to God and the Bible. The context of the music "pusing echoes of darkness" is completely consistent with Wicca, paganism, and Loreena McKinnet.

Yes, darkness is generally accepted as a metaphor for evil, but I believe I've explained sufficiently why the word "darkness" is not metaphorical in that context, and why the drums are not the source of the darkness.

How are the drums "not the source of the darkness" when she blatantly says, "To drums that pulse out echoes of darkness?"

Question: What is pulsing out the "echoes of darkness?"

Answer: The drums

Next Question: So, how is it that the drums are not the "source of the darkness?"

Iryssa, my friend, you are allowing your love of this music to skew your vision.

I have never denied that Ms. McKennitt was a Wiccan, and your statements about what she is wearing are not about to change my view of her or her music. By the way, the subject up for debate IS the music, not the clothes she wears.

I think it is relevant when the artist in question is wearing a satanic upside down cross (which is a mockery of the cross of Christ) and she is wearing the ceremonial red robe of a High Priestess of the Pagan Order. I would counter by saying "how is it NOT relevant?"

Listen, I'm not being legalistic here. We're talking about openly devilish music by an openly devilish person.

God says to "walk in the light..." Loreena says to "dance in the pusling echoes of pagan darkness."

If those options don't sound contradictory then I don't know what does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently you completely ignored my post about the metaphors contained in the music. Your statements about why the drums are the sources of the darkness can only be true if your conclusion is assumed to be true, and THAT is faulty logic. So, no, I do not believe that it is logical to conclude that the drums are the source of the darkness.

And no, I am not allowing my love of the music to skew my vision, I am using the interpretation skills I learned in my language classes to support my conclusions.

It is not relevant what she is wearing in the photo because clothing does not change the music at all. Yes, it might prove that she is a Wiccan (which I have already said I think is true), but no more. She could be wearing a burlap sack and her lyrics would be the same. Therefore, the clothes are a non-sequiter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Iryssa, have a blessed day. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

You too :noidea: