Guest Engel des Todes

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

As for me listening to a song about paganism or getting drunk, I highly encourage you to read my last post as it is quite blatanly obvious you didn't :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SJ, I did read that post of yours which is why I posted those lyrics from McKinnet. There were a myriad of ones to choose from, but I got a decent mix of paganism, occultism, and drunkenness in those few short songs. That was my goal.. to show McKinnet's "range," if you will.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What gets me is guys like John Denver and his new age philosophies and yet his music is so warm and fuzzy. Just because a person is led astray in his personal beliefs doesn't mean that what he produces is automatically evil.

Matthew 15

11 Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I really like music by John Denver.

He was a new ager. The only thing he did that I recall raising my eyebrows to is he took "Morning has Broken" and rewrote the words and made "Annies Song"

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Rocky Mountain High!

Rocky Mountain High!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh? :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Country Roads............... I really love those songs. They make me want to go camping or climb a mountain.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Country Roads...............  I really love those songs.  They make me want to go camping or climb a mountain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Constant, if there isn't electricity and a/c......I don't want to go!

:emot-handshake:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

As for me listening to a song about paganism or getting drunk, I highly encourage you to read my last post as it is quite blatanly obvious you didn't :emot-handshake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SJ, I did read that post of yours which is why I posted those lyrics from McKinnet. There were a myriad of ones to choose from, but I got a decent mix of paganism, occultism, and drunkenness in those few short songs. That was my goal.. to show McKinnet's "range," if you will.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying her songs are worth listening to. I've never even heard of her so I wouldn't know. If she has some good songs mixed with the bad, then what I suggest is that a person just buys the songs that don't have anything wrong in them. I wasn't advocating the right to listen to her but instead provided a litmus test that I believe works for questionable artists. I even listed the qualifications of what would make a song sinful...so if we compare her lyrics to those qualifications, I'd have to say that what you presented makes her songs fall under the qualification of "wrong". However, that isn't all of her songs. If we threw the artist out because they had one, or even a majority of songs, that were wrong...it'd be hard to find an artist you could listen to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying her songs are worth listening to. I've never even heard of her so I wouldn't know. If she has some good songs mixed with the bad, then what I suggest is that a person just buys the songs that don't have anything wrong in them. I wasn't advocating the right to listen to her but instead provided a litmus test that I believe works for questionable artists. I even listed the qualifications of what would make a song sinful...so if we compare her lyrics to those qualifications, I'd have to say that what you presented makes her songs fall under the qualification of "wrong". However, that isn't all of her songs. If we threw the artist out because they had one, or even a majority of songs, that were wrong...it'd be hard to find an artist you could listen to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very true. A couple of bands that I really used to love was The Cure and Depeche Mode. But, after I got saved I found some blasphemous lyrics from Depeche Mode... and I stopped listening to The Cure simply because it is worldly music. I haven't found anything wrong with The Cure, necessarily, but then again I never listened to it "post-conversion" long enough to find out.

I guess I'm more of the mindset that worldy music is part of the old man, not the new man.

Music is sensual in nature... it appeases the senses. That is carnal by nature.

Jam 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Sensuality is never looked upon favorably in the Bible.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Sometimes I just chalk things up to being "spiritual" or "carnal." Things of the Lord are spiritual, and things not of the Lord are carnal. That doesn't mean that all "carnal" things are evil, but they are worthy of examination as to what purpose it is having in our life.

Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Anyways, I didn't know if Iryssa knew about McKinnet and that is all I wa trying to do... inform her. If she's already informed then she has already evaluated the situation and I don't need to stand in judgment over her.

I do think that worldly music could be a stumbling block to another believer, so I would put that in the same category as alcohol. If you consume it, do so privately or with others who you know are of the same persuasion.