• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to say this- but I do so in a loving way :24:

It sounds to me that you are looking for what YOU can get out of the relationship with little to no regard for what your friend wants. That is called being selfish and self-centred.

Try changing things about yourself instead of trying to change your friend :) You may enjoy your relationship again...albeit taking a lot of work...on your part :)

Consider this....

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude

5 Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

6 It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear.

9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little!

10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear.

11 It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

13 There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.

I emphasized parts that may apply to your situation :laugh:

God bless you and your friend,

Tim

Edited by Joy in the Journey

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

When my childhood friend invites me over to his house, I just don't wanna go--at all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

When my childhood friend invites me over to his house, I just don't wanna go--at all.

Baz,

You posted that you wanted people's advice. That's what you got. You certainly don't have to agree with it or take it, but it's unnecessary to criticize them for the advice that you asked for. If you didn't want advice, you shouldn't have asked. It seems you only want to hear what you want to hear. People here were only offering help. :laugh:

I suggest you find somebody who has maybe one of your interests (tops) and go to that person's house every few days, doing activities that you don't enjoy and be annoyed by their behavior.

Phoney?  I suggest you take that comment back.  Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did you want to hear ? Dump this friend and that's alright ? I'm not saying that you two are going to agree on everything all the time, but do you want him as a friend or don't you ? You did come here asking advice, didn't you ? Just because advice isn't what you always want to hear, there's no need to get upset and openly hostile. If you were looking for someone to tell you what your conscience is advising against, I'm sorry but I can't do that.

As for the "phony" comment, you are the one who stated you intentionally "act" like you are friends when you are not ? See the definition of "phony" and decide for yourself ( def. 2 e ). I'm sorry if it offended you, but I was merely using a word that fits what you are doing ( and you admitted to doing )....

Main Entry: 1pho

Baz,

You posted that you wanted people's advice.  That's what you got.  You certainly don't have to agree with it or take it, but it's unnecessary to criticize them for the advice that you asked for.  If you didn't want advice, you shouldn't have asked.  It seems you only want to hear what you want to hear.  People here were only offering help.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked for advice--not insults.

I suggest you find somebody who has maybe one of your interests (tops) and go to that person's house every few days, doing activities that you don't enjoy and be annoyed by their behavior.

Phoney?

Baz,

You posted that you wanted people's advice.