• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

When my childhood friend invites me over to his house, I just don't wanna go--at all. Almost everything he says to me is a "joking insult" or he just acts weird. His interests don't match mine anymore. He likes playing video games--I like singing/playing guitar. He likes watching wrestling--I like reading. I really don't wanna tell him how I feel because I've put up with this for so long and when I'm at his house, I just act like I'm having fun. I think this would shock him and make him really sad and I just cannot do that. What should I do? Please help. Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

haha, i know just how you feel My friend, but sadly i haven't even had any advice, actuall to come and think of it this s my same exact problem to a T, like there is no difference in your story then with mind...

Good luck i'v delt with my friend now for about 15 years now and still i have no solution... All i can tell you is Do as Jesus did, Love him and treat him with respect.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

haha, i know just how you feel My friend, but sadly i haven't even had any advice, actuall to come and think of it this s my same exact problem to a T,  like there is no difference in your story then with mind...

Good luck i'v delt with my friend now for about 15 years now and still i have no solution... All i can tell you is Do as Jesus did, Love him and treat him with respect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I DO love and respect him--BUT HE'S ANNOYING! lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

You could always invite your friend over to your place, and do the things you do (though it would be odd to invite your friend over, only to sit down and read a book). Have him over for coffee or something, actually spend time talking about life and your interests, and make sure you direct the conversation (hey, if you are the one inviting him over, you have that authority to lovingly do so).

Maybe you will discover you do have things in common that you never realized before, or maybe it will help him realize how much time has changed you both.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Baz, sometimes friends grow apart. Nobody does it on purpose, its usually a gradual thing.

Sorry, I hope you find a way to handle this!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67

Just maybe... he feels the same way, but thinks he would be hurting you, if he didn't invite you over and act like he's always acted. --- People grow up! My son's are six years apart (21 and 15) and still act like they did 5-10 years ago. Both are bright individuals, but when they are together, potty humor is still funny and they wrestle. I keep praying that they will eventually have a more grown-up relationship.

If you and your "friend" are both adults, then say something, when he insults you. Some people think they can say ANYTHING, as long as they add, "Just kidding" or something. -- Have you tried sharing your interests?

Be honest, in a respectfull way. We are not to judge, but we are to be fruit inspectors. If he is in the wrong, then you are doing him a disservice by not speaking to him about stuff. My son had to talk to one of his friends about his racial humor and insults to women. They are no longer friends, but as Christians, we can't be lukewarm.

Blessings!

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Keepyour friend.

Don't turn your back on him.

I don't have many friends.

Hardly any.

Don't let it go.......your friendship..... :emot-shakehead:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Keepyour friend.

Don't turn your back on him.

I don't have many friends.

Hardly any.

Don't let it go.......your friendship..... :emot-shakehead:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yomo: Ah the wisdom of the young. LORD let it shine.

Baz: Offer to teach him guitar. And offer to let him teach you video games. Through sharing and learing deeper bonds are forged. But if you and he feel pulled apart. And if the friendship is coming to a close. Than let it go WITHOUT closing the door. G-d will always have friends for you. Truer deeper friends.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

And if the friendship is coming to a close. Than let it go WITHOUT closing the door.

This is so very true! Friends grow apart, move away & you lose touch, you have a falling out etc.

You can be the true friend who will always be there....no matter what may have happened. By this I mean that I'm speaking from experience.