• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/7/2021 at 5:44 PM, F_Ivan said:

Wrong because you are forcefully plugging calvinism into the verse. God doesn't forcefully and completely destroy man's free will. no free will at all is unbiblical. A master can throw out his slave/servant. 

"And throw that worthless servant into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

"The master of that servant will come on a day he does not expect and at an hour he does not anticipate. 51Then he will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

David Wilkerson himself said he had been warned by God that would be all over for him if he continued in a certain line of action/sin, and spoke of godly ministers he once knew who had the same thing that happened to Saul happen to them (God removes his annointing/holy spirit from them). There are far more verses in scriptures that heavily imply you can lose your salvation. That doesn't mean God loves you any less though. I believe that one would have to be so black hearted and wicked that there would be NO room for repentance at all in their heart and they'd have to render God's holy spirit completely powerless for God to give them over to a reprobate mind/a Hebrews 6. Let us never forget that God is also a personal God, he's not just an arbitrary infinite force of Love for his elect and an infinite force of wrath for the damned.

God has bound Himself by His own promises, and cannot disown any of His adopted children for any reason (Titus 1:2, Heb 6:14-20, Rom 11:29). He has given His own the earnest of our inheritance (2 Cor 1:21-22, Eph 1:13-14). An earnest cannot be revoked. It's sealed; it is finished. What happened to Saul is specifically something God said He would not do under the New Testament (2 Sam 7:14-16). So God cannot renege on His promises. Neither can His own people give back our own salvation, even if we so desire. Because we're His slaves, His purchased possession.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, F_Ivan said:

I feel assured that I'm not going to get a heart attack today. If I go outside and take a walk I feel assured im not going to slip on ice, crack my head open and die today. But I don't supernaturally know for dead certain that either two of those things ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR DEAD CERTAIN. But I feel assured it's not going to happen. Is it the same with the typical salvation experience? You don't have that super natural dead certain knowing but have the same type of assurance you're not going to randomly get a heart attack in the next minute kind of thing? im sure some people have that experience, but is that common of the typical saved person?

When you begin at the beginning (2 Peter 1:20-21) that God the Holy Spirit alone interprets the scriptures he wrote through the prophets (letting God tell his own story) you gain assurances in faith that goes beyond hope. 

John 20:31 (AV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,904
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 1/5/2021 at 1:20 AM, F_Ivan said:

well it seems like its almost impossible to be saved then, i thought the condition was believe in your heart to be saved and not of works. not grovel every day to God for years and maybe god will save you

True salvation brings forth a joyful desire to perform works as a form of glorifying, thanking, worshiping, and obeying God. It is not the works themselves that save. If you have truly repented and been changed you will natural come to desire to change your actions to be more like Christ.