IGNORED

Is there a rule anywhere that says God has to create everything new?

Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 1/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, Riverwalker said:

And finally the 6000 years (which we can know was the beginning of Adam due to the genealogies) which Creation claims, is pretty much what History also declares, there is no real historic record of man prior to that.

Written history began with civilization around 6,000 years ago at the time of Adam. There are artifacts like sowing needles, fishing hooks made out of bone. We find baskets that go back around 40,000 years ago when man came up out of Africa into the Tigris Euphrates river valley. 

On 1/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, Riverwalker said:

If there is actual evidence that proves the big bang

There is evidence that the universe is expanding. You can go back around 14 billion years calculate a time and a place where the expansion began. Also we can study the light from an ancient universe from around 14 million years ago. We know what elements are being created in each individual star because each element shows up as a different color on the spectrograph. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/8/2021 at 7:30 PM, JohnR7 said:

There is evidence that the universe is expanding. You can go back around 14 billion years calculate a time and a place where the expansion began. Also we can study the light from an ancient universe from around 14 million years ago. We know what elements are being created in each individual star because each element shows up as a different color on the spectrograph. 

There is Some evidence of the universe expanding, yes. red Shift, there is absolutely zero evidence as to what cased that expansion. You went from evidence to guessing. We suppose we know what each star is producing based on chromographic evidence, but we don't KNOW it

again you are 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, JohnR7 said:

Written history began with civilization around 6,000 years ago at the time of Adam. There are artifacts like sowing needles, fishing hooks made out of bone. We find baskets that go back around 40,000 years ago when man came up out of Africa into the Tigris Euphrates river valley. 

You are giving dating techniques a lot of faith. But they are not entirely accurate.

Again...assuming more facts than are in evidence

On 4/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, missmuffet said:

Get Your Own Dirt
One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God.  So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.  The scientist walked up to God and said, “God, we've decided that we no longer need you.  We’re to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don’t you just go on and mind your own business?”
God listened very patiently and kindly to the man.  After the scientist was done talking, God said, “Very well, how about this?  Let’s say we have a man-making contest.”  To which the scientist replied, “Okay, we can handle that!”
“But,” God added, “we’re going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam.”
The scientist said, “Sure, no problem” and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.
God looked at him and said, “No, no, no.  You go get your own dirt.”

Wonderful!

On 4/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, Riverwalker said:

again you are 

You are giving dating techniques a lot of faith. But they are not entirely accurate.

Again...assuming more facts than are in evidence

In the fifth grade they teach us how to verify our information and check to see that our results are accurate. The formula's my son uses are a lot faster then working an equation with fifth grade math. We can look at the spin down rate of the earth and the receding rate of the moon. This will give us an idea of how old the earth is. We can also look at the expanding rate of the universe to determine the age of the universe. When we look at geology and the layers of the earth this is a lot like looking at the rings on the trees to determine how old a tree is. We have the The Great Oxygenation Event so we can compare things like this to the timeline we read in Genesis chapter 1. Gerold Schroeder points out that Genesis is from the beginning looking forward. Not the end looking back. So you have to look at things from that perspective. So I look at thing like astrophysics, geology, trigonometry to understand what we are reading in our Bible.  I took a survey class in college so one thing I learned about trig is that there is room for error. I could tell you some stories about that :)

On 4/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, Riverwalker said:

You went from evidence to guessing.

I do not have to guess, when I was 8 years old I had a dream and God took me out into the universe to show me that the universe is expanding and at some point in time we will come back together again. Also I go by Neil DeGrasse Tyson's book on Astrophysics. I know a little bit about physics but not on the level he is at. 

Edited by JohnR7

On 4/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Riverwalker said:

Star dust?   Science tells us? None of that has any evidence it is mere conjecture

Science is not conjecture. This is based on Carl Sagan on the PBS Cosmos program. When he died Neil Degrass Tyson took over as host of the program and carries on with the same teaching on "star dust". We can watch elements being formed in Stars with a spectrograph. 

If you go to youtube people have put little clips from the program on there. You can learn a lot with even 3 min. worth of study and research. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPkpBN6bEI&ab_channel=carlsagandotcom

On 4/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Riverwalker said:

Who do you believe science or God?

I believe in Science and I believe in the Bible. If Science has all the answers and all the solutions I would not need God or the Bible. As it is ONLY God has all answers and all of the solutions that we need in life. God gives us Science and we can use Science to help us understand our Bible. Or at least the Scientific method to verify what is and what is not true. We have a better understanding of our Bible today because of what we learn from Science. 

Edited by JohnR7

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,017
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 1/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, Riverwalker said:

Is there a rule anywhere that says God has to create everything new?

In other words, is the Universe a genuine antique or a reproduction?

Many so-called scientific observations rely on the assumption that the current laws of nature have remained unchanged since matter and energy first came into existence.  

There is no sound evidence of a Big Bang happening when nothing exploded to produce something.

The Universe before the Fall had no entropy.

Rom 8:19-21 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. (20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope (21) that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

You can find the genealogy of man from Jesus back to Adam in Luke 23. 

You can find the actual years each lived ...

From Jesus back to Adam is some 4,000 years. From Jesus to Now is some 2,000 years.

Therefore, man has been on this earth for ~6,000 years. 

To determine the age of the earth we simply take the time of man or 6,000 years and add another 5 days! 

God created Adam and he may have appeared AND had all the features and attributes of say a 26 year old young man (inside and out).  

When God made the universe, the stars, the earth and rocks and trees, HE made them in the same manner as HE did with Adam. Some trees looked as though they were 30 years old or some just a few months of growth. Same for rocks and even light from a million light years away.... God did not have to create things as though they were just born or created... 

Adam wasn’t born a baby and God waited for him to grow and the light from the far stars were already seen from the earth.. 

Essentially, HE made everything “turnkey” including Adam.

So, if you believe in the Scripture everything is no more than 6,000 years and 5 days old WITH appropriate aging characteristics as HE deemed.

Just my thoughts, Charlie 

Edited by Charlie744