IGNORED

Four Horns of Zechariah - Jerusalem Desolation to Come.

Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, four horns! And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What are these?" And he said to me, "These are the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem." Then the LORD showed me four craftsmen. And I said, "What are these coming to do?" He said, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, so that no one raised his head. And these have come to terrify them, to cast down the horns of the nations who lifted up their horns against the land of Judah to scatter it." - Zec 1:18-21 ESV

According to Zechariah the 4 horns are the 4 nations/kingdoms that scattered/dispersed/exiled Israel from their land.  So we know of 3 of these horns from history: Assyria in 733 BC, Babylon in 597 BC, and Rome in 70 AD.  So the forth Kingdom/Nation to scatter/disperse/exile and desolate Israel is yet to come.  So according to Zechariah their is coming a 4th dispersion/exile and desolation caused by the forth horn.

Behold, a day is coming for the LORD, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.  Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him. - Zec 14:1-5 ESV

According to Zechariah's prophesy Yahweh will gather the nations against Jerusalem in the later days for a final battle and in the battle Jerusalem will be conquered by this forth horn/kingdom and the people of Jerusalem will be plundered, raped, and exiled from Jerusalem and on that day HE/King Y'shua will stand on the Mountain of Olives and fight for Israel.   This is what Y'shua spoke of in Mat 24, Mark 13:

"But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not to be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down, nor enter his house, to take anything out, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that it may not happen in winter. For in those days there will be such tribulation as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, and never will be. And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days. ... "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. - Mar 13:14-20, 24-27 ESV

Just thought I would share how Zechariahs prophecy about the 4th desolation of Jerusalem lines up with what Y'shua taught in Mat 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

1 hour ago, Da Puppers said:

I really like what you see here.   My initial reaction is that Assyria didn't scatter "Judah".  They tried to,  but only managed to scatter the 10 tribes,  (not headquartered in Jerusalem).  It says Judah.   But I do like what you say.   Did you notice what follows? 

There are 4 carpenters (to build the temple?) And 4 kinds of horses.   I believe these represent the gathering of the elect. 

Yeah the Kingdom of Israel are the 10-tribes and Kingdom of Judah represents the tribes of Judah and Benjamin.  So no, Assyria did not scatter the Kingdom of Judah but did scatter the Kingdom of Israel.

I did not bring up the 4 carpenters.  According to Zechariah the 4 carpenters are the nations/kingdoms that over threw the horns that scattered Israel.  For instance Babylon was defeated by Persia whom liberated the Jews living in Babylon captivity.  Persia would have been one of the 4 carpenters.   Some say the 4 carpenters/builders are  Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome.  I disagree I believe its Babylon, Persia, Western Powers, Kingdom of God.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Another explanation of the same topic, is found in Daniel Chapters 2: 7: and 8:. Interesting topic.

6 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

Zec 1:21 KJV Then said I, What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head: but

these are come to fray them,

to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it.

That phrase,  "These are come to fray them", is referring to the purpose of the carpenters.   I had to look that phrase up to see what was being said.   It means to put fear into their heart.   The 4 carpenters will come for the purpose of putting fear into those [the 4 horns] that caused my people to be afraid.   Putting fear into the hearts of the enemies of the children of Israel,  will undo their own fears created by the 4 horns.   These carpenters,  because they are ordained to build the temple,  by building the Lord's temple, will cause the hearts of the children of Israel to flourish and be strengthened.   Look at Isa 66 with me. 

Agreed.   You also have to look up the meaning of carpenter, which means builder.  The way I interpret it, the carpenters are the nations/kingdoms that God raised up to help restore/rebuild Israel or Judah from the horns that destroyed and sent them into exile.  Babylon did not necessarily help rebuild but they did defeat Assyria which allowed some of the northern tribes to return to Israel.  Persia defeated Babylon and allowed the Jews to return to Judea and helped rebuild the Temple.  Most recently Western Powers/Allies helped return Jews to the homeland after many years in exile and reestablished the nation of Israel in 1947.  The final carpenter will be King Y'shua when he gathers all his people from all nations and restores Israel completely to include all 12 tribes in the last days.  Its interesting that Y'shua was a carpenter by trade. 

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh