• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/30/2021 at 2:00 PM, JohnR7 said:

Could of is always qualified as a possibility. You could have taken the bus. We do not know for sure if you did or not, but you could have. In Science if something is possible then it is a consideration. We do not give this as much consideration as we do proven facts. 

I would love to be critical of ignorant people but often even educated people are ignorant. My brother has a PhD in Psychology and he often rejects Science and proven facts. He does not even believe in absolute truth. He believes everything is relative. 

Yep. And Yep. The challenge regarding the first paragraph is when "scientists" proclaim it as "what happened" instead of what was a possibility. 

Regarding the second paragraph, I'm shocked at how many otherwise intelligent people hold on to a belief even when overwhelming evidence destroys that belief. But I suspect we all do it to one degree or another. We all have a strong desire to be "right" - especially those of us who either know or believe we are "smarter than average". 

I fall back on this: Of education, knowledge and wisdom, the least is education and the greatest is wisdom. If what you are taught is not retained, the education is worthless. And if you can't properly apply the knowledge you have, the knowledge is worthless. I've met a lot of what my dad used to call, "educated idiots". 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

54 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I've met a lot of what my dad used to call, "educated idiots". 

They use the term fuzzy logic. Although most people are experts in their field yet as you say they are not aware of how much they do not understand. As an adult has to be understood by a child God has to bend over to communicate with us. 

I was concerned with my son in college that they would corrupt him but he studied computer engineering and so everything can be verified with exact mathematical formulas. Most people are not able to think at this level. They were throwing money at him left and right to pay for his school because he was able to function at a higher level then most people. In fact he graduated with almost $10,000 in the bank. Compared to my niece who is a nurse and graduated with $50,000 in debt. 

Actually everyone can do this math on an unconscious level. They are just not aware of what their unconscious mind is doing. For example the math to hit or catch a baseball is very complex yet most people are able to do this and are not even aware of it. 

19 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

They use the term fuzzy logic. Although most people are experts in their field yet as you say they are not aware of how much they do not understand. As an adult has to be understood by a child God has to bend over to communicate with us. 

I was concerned with my son in college that they would corrupt him but he studied computer engineering and so everything can be verified with exact mathematical formulas. Most people are not able to think at this level. They were throwing money at him left and right to pay for his school because he was able to function at a higher level then most people. In fact he graduated with almost $10,000 in the bank. Compared to my niece who is a nurse and graduated with $50,000 in debt. 

Actually everyone can do this math on an unconscious level. They are just not aware of what their unconscious mind is doing. For example the math to hit or catch a baseball is very complex yet most people are able to do this and are not even aware of it. 

Heh. I watched a movie a decade or so ago where this group of young people were doing some sort of theft of a corporation or something. There was one asian boy that was terrible at english, humanities, etc. but good at math. He was hacking a corporate computer and a girl asked him why he was so good at this. 

His answer was priceless: "These questions have answers."

21 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

They use the term fuzzy logic. Although most people are experts in their field yet as you say they are not aware of how much they do not understand.

Yep. Your post also reminded me of something I wanted to bring up but didn't have the time to get info on. It' s the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Yep. Your post also reminded me of something I wanted to bring up but didn't have the time to get info on. It' s the Dunning-Kruger effect.

We see that a lot in remodeling. People will go in and do the demo work and then find out they totally lack the ability to put it all back together again. It is difficult to hire someone to do a job that someone else started. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Still Alive said:

His answer was priceless: "These questions have answers."

Yes, exactly. We learn everything we need to know in the fifth grade. Not only are there answers there are ways we can verify if the answer is correct or not. There are methods we can use to verify if our understanding of the Bible is true and correct. That has to be done at the level of a child. As Jesus tells us: "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven". (Matthew 18:3)

Our city is building a new school that goes from the 6th grade to 12.  They will be able to take college classes in the sixth grade and in some cases they can graduate from high school with a college degree. I would not qualify anyone to enter the first grade if they did not understand the symbolic meaning of the letters in the alphabet. I would not would not qualify anyone to enter the sixth grade if they did not understand how to verify what is true and what is not true. 

7 hours ago, Still Alive said:

"turn or burn"

Annihilation in Hell is a false statement. If there is annihilation it would be in the lake of fire referred to as the second death. The concept of hell does seems to come more from Dante book The Infernal. There are very few references to hell in the Bible. Rev 20 14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death". 

On 4/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Still Alive said:

dark matter is that it is something they just made up out of thin air to explain what nothing else explains.

Black Holes are said to have a event horizon. This could represent a beginning and an end. They are also said to be a singularity. God is singular but there is no darkness in God. 

When God said: "Let there be light" he was talking about the earth in a literal sense. From a symbolic perspective I think this also has to do with the event horizon when light first became visible at the big bang. 

I had a dream around 60 years ago where God showed me the universe is expanding - He told me that the universe would contract or shrink and all come back together again. I assume this means we are a duality or dicronomy now. There is a time coming when we will become a singularity and become one with each other and with God. I believe the atonement was two fold. To reconcile us with the father and to reconcile us with each other. 

So heaven is a place of agreement. Not division, contention and strife like here on Earth. Where people are at different levels of understanding and that makes it difficult for them to relate to each other. 

• Loved it! 1

On 5/11/2021 at 5:53 PM, JohnR7 said:

Annihilation in Hell is a false statement. If there is annihilation it would be in the lake of fire referred to as the second death. 

Yep, since hell itself is annihilated in the lake of fire. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, kingdombrat said:

You don't think Jesus knows when HE, let me repeat that HE was the ONE WHO did the CREATING?

God says what was there at the beginning, and male and female were not there.   See Genesis 1:1.

Yes, Jesus was talking of the beginning or our race, not of all creation.