IGNORED

Are Fossils evidence of evolution ....or are the evidence of fossils

Riverwalker

Guest kingdombrat
5 hours ago, teddyv said:

I understand the the Hebrew uses 'nephesh', which is generally translated as 'soul' or 'life', and is applied to both humans and animals, but not plants.

That's interesting, actually!

I will bring that up to those I know and see how they explain this.

Aside from that, it's very rarely to claim human beings have been able to see the [invisible Principalities] that Paul speaks of.  We of course understand Paul is discussing demonic entities (Fallen Angels].

Now, take a dog, cat, an animal that is alert, protective, and definitely observant.  Have you ever witnessed a pet or someone else's that while observing the pet, you're able to see the pet can see something even by watching the animals head turn/lean like it's watching current movement?  Basically, when we look where the pet is looking or see that the pet believes something is moving and either its head turns or the pet will get up and go over and watch it more intently, we are [never] able to see anything.   And there are times when you can just feel a sudden opulent presence but it's clearly invisible with the exception that your PET can see it.

This amazing phenomenon happens for 1 simple basic understanding.

A human being, who is also a SOUL, cannot observe the unseen Soul.

But a pet, whom is without a soul, is able to see all Souls.

Personally, I think that is why God encouraged humans to own pets.   They can see the real enemy that you're only able to feel.

Edited by kingdombrat

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 4/25/2021 at 11:17 AM, The Barbarian said:

Or they've found fossils of other animals and assumed they were people.    Which has happened often.   It's how the giant cyclops legends began, for example.  Absent any evidence, we merely have Cody's stories about what people found and said.   And given his proclivity to embellish his stories...

Giant cyclops started with finding fossils say what?, I thought it was an old greek mythology story. Interesting enough the condition is real called Cyclopia. Most babies don’t make it to full term, the ones that do only for a few hours.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

10 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Giant cyclops started with finding fossils say what?

Yep.   This:

Situated close to the seashore caves in the area of Messina and in many other parts of Sicily, such as Palermo and Trapani, one finds even today remains of dwarf elephants that lived during the Ice Age and have been described as a separate species. Repeatedly in classical antiquity one finds references to such bones in Sicily: Empedocles (492-432 BC) reported such discoveries and believed them to be remnants of an extinct giant race. Giovanni Boccaccio speaks in the fourth book of his Genealogy of the Gods of the discovery of the skeletal remains of Polyphemus in a cave near Trapani in the fourteenth century. Many years later, the learned Jesuit Athanasius Kircher visited this place and saw the remains. He writes in his Mundus subterraneus of 1664 that according to his estimate of the skeletal dimensions, the giant Polyphemus was more than thirty feet long and not three hundred, as Boccaccio had indicated.
If scholars of the seventeenth century could consider the fossils of elephants to be giants’ bones, so may we suggest that a similar conclusion from the Homeric Greeks is probably even less surprising. And consider the following--

The supposed skull of the cyclops giant Polyphemus.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

Further to the above, some of the mythical creatures and monsters may have been inspired by the ancients coming across dinosaur fossils as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

On 4/25/2021 at 10:26 PM, JohnR7 said:

You can not speak for me, you can only speak for yourself. John 21:25 tells us: "And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen".

I make the exact same claim as John: Every book in the world would not be enough to contain all the evidence there is that I could give you. But you have already admitted that you are aware of none of it. 

As far as your "time machine" claim. There is no time with God. He does not change and He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. In fact if I need healing for an event that took place in my past God goes back and heal from the beginning of when the event took place. That then has an effect on my life today. He does not just heal memories. Man in the name of science tries to heal memories and is not effective at all. 

Religion and Science can be used and abused. But there is a true Religion and there is a true Science. People can use false religion to falsity false science and so on. Just like skeptics and scoffers can use a reprobate mind to try to present a case for their atheism. 

You will need a time machine to show any evidence for Pangea, and you would have to set it for just before Noah's flood to see it.  Pangea is just a theory otherwise.  

What they show as continents fitting together is fudged a bit, by shrinking down Africa and most of South America is removed.  I have already mentioned this in this post.

Speculating (guessing) is not the same as direct evidence.  If you sent back a satellite, in time, and it took photos of the planet before Noah's flood, that would be considered direct evidence.  

"Well this piece sort of looks like it would fit with that piece" is speculation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

On 4/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, JohnR7 said:

My question is can you explain the meaning of Proverbs 4:18: "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day". What is the "perfect day"? I notice a reference to "light" and on the first day God said: "Let there be light". 

I gave you scripture that showed the context of Proverbs 4:18-19, below.  It's comparing light and darkness to the righteous and wicked, and not the first light of Genesis.  Below is proverbs, translated into modern English. 

18 The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.

19 But the way of the wicked is like total darkness.
They have no idea what they are stumbling over.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Yep.   This:

Situated close to the seashore caves in the area of Messina and in many other parts of Sicily, such as Palermo and Trapani, one finds even today remains of dwarf elephants that lived during the Ice Age and have been described as a separate species. Repeatedly in classical antiquity one finds references to such bones in Sicily: Empedocles (492-432 BC) reported such discoveries and believed them to be remnants of an extinct giant race. Giovanni Boccaccio speaks in the fourth book of his Genealogy of the Gods of the discovery of the skeletal remains of Polyphemus in a cave near Trapani in the fourteenth century. Many years later, the learned Jesuit Athanasius Kircher visited this place and saw the remains. He writes in his Mundus subterraneus of 1664 that according to his estimate of the skeletal dimensions, the giant Polyphemus was more than thirty feet long and not three hundred, as Boccaccio had indicated.
If scholars of the seventeenth century could consider the fossils of elephants to be giants’ bones, so may we suggest that a similar conclusion from the Homeric Greeks is probably even less surprising. And consider the following--

The supposed skull of the cyclops giant Polyphemus.

Or they found an actual cyclops infant back in the day, since the condition does happen in the real world thus spawn the giant cyclops mythology.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You will need a time machine to show any evidence for Pangea, and you would have to set it for just before Noah's flood to see it.  Pangea is just a theory otherwise.  

What they show as continents fitting together is fudged a bit, by shrinking down Africa and most of South America is removed.  I have already mentioned this in this post.

Speculating (guessing) is not the same as direct evidence.  If you sent back a satellite, in time, and it took photos of the planet before Noah's flood, that would be considered direct evidence.  

"Well this piece sort of looks like it would fit with that piece" is speculation.

And you would still find a way of dismissing it.

You continue to repeatedly use the phrase "just a theory". Anyway Pangaea is not the theory anyway, it is a consequence of Plate Tectonic Theory, which meets all requirements of a legitimate scientific theory. 

3 minutes ago, teddyv said:

And you would still find a way of dismissing it.

You continue to repeatedly use the phrase "just a theory". Anyway Pangaea is not the theory anyway, it is a consequence of Plate Tectonic Theory, which meets all requirements of a legitimate scientific theory. 

Plate tectonic movement isn’t a theory, it can be measured, the earths continents are moving.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

22 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Or they found an actual cyclops infant back in the day, since the condition does happen in the real world thus spawn the giant cyclops mythology.

As you see, they claimed to have the bones of the cyclops.   It was a fossil elephant, the skull appearing to them, to have one eye.   They found dragon skulls, too:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.IG48z26CMECweqBXJY4XZAHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1

And griffin skulls:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fossilconnoisseur.com%2Frapidcart-2%2Ffiles%2F70_Protoceratops_Skull___Med.jpg&f=1&nofb=1