IGNORED

Was Moses' father-in-law Jethro a descendant of Ishmael?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, DeighAnn said:

Abel went out and had many kids (with a sister never mentioned as being born) and THOSE children then left the nest and went and dwelt in the land of Nod east of Eden WITHOUT THEIR DAD.

Just because the bible doesn't  name the daughters and other sons does not mean they did not exists

Genisis5:. 4 After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters. 5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

HOW is it possible that the first born of Gods first formed person WAS A MURDERER?   WHAT 'genes' would have been present in Adam and Eve to produce one with such a personality as to lie in wait to murder his own kin

Its not genes, it sin.  Adams sin was passed down to everyone ever born. Its not physical

Romans 5:12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

I just see it different.  What would be the purpose of His blood line then?  Christ could basically come from anyone then,  couldn't He?

Physically yes, But God was very specific in his prophecies that He would came from the line Of David, Again Seth's Line

This really a lot to try an address at one time,  could you post your questions one or two at a time, (make a new thread if you don't want to hijack this post....but it is germane to the OP)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

Just because the bible does  name the daughters and other sons does not mean they did not exists

Genisis5:. 4 After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters. 5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

Yes but SETH had sons and daughters like 130 years after Abel was killed and Cain went to live in Nod.  

IT  would HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN ABELS KIDS

THAT CAIN MARRIED.  

Yes but SETH had sons and daughters like 130 years after Abel was killed and Cain went to live in Nod.  

IT  would HAVE HAD TO HAVE BEEN ABELS KIDS

THAT CAIN MARRIED.  

It could have been Adam and Eve's Kids, they lived 900 years

There is a lot we do not know. Like how old Adam was When He had Cain and Able, or how long they lived before Cain slew Abel

We do know there was a community in the Land of Nod where Cain went to live after the murder

If the Maturation rate is the same as now and consider that the population grew exponentially with every generation the population could rise in a very short time

2  4, 16, 256, 65,236 in one hundred years there are a LOT of people people lived so long. Even if the population grew at half that rate that is still a lot of people.

Only three of Adam and Eve's were named because they were part of the story

Edited by Riverwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, appy said:

The Midianites while being alive at the time of Moses and Joshua, were definitely NOT the people of Canaan. The suffix “ite” does not mean that the Midianites were related to the people living in Canaan or that they were living in Canaan.

“ite” is a suffix latin word the simply means “belonging to” or “descendant of. In ancient times it was used to form an ethnic or local designation word. For example Isreal “ites”, Ishmael “ites”.  As agreed by others The Midianites were descended from Midian who was a son from Abraham and Keturah.

It was NOT the Midianites in Moses time or Joshua's time that needed to be driven out of the land of Canaan. But the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. And none of these are related in any way with the Midianites. Nor are the Ishmaelites related to any of the nations that were in Canaan.

The Gibeonites are a different story. Yes, the Gibeonites were related to the Hivites of the time.  Its interesting fact that Midian can be traced back to Shem. While the Gibeonites can be traced back to Canaan, Ham's son/grandson.

Which does not negate my point or my post. Moses took the advice of his father-in-law in matters of arranging leaders in Israel without consulting the LORD and the eventual result was the Sanhedrin that sentenced Jesus Christ to death. I also made the point that Jethro was a priest in a pagan land. Just because they were not Canaanites (if what you post is correct) doesn't mean they were non-Israeli which means all non-Israeli peoples were in fact pagans.

7 hours ago, Riverwalker said:

It could have been Adam and Eve's Kids, they lived 900 years

There is a lot we do not know. Like how old Adam was When He had Cain and Able, or how long they lived before Cain slew Abel

We do know there was a community in the Land of Nod where Cain went to live after the murder

If the Maturation rate is the same as now and consider that the population grew exponentially with every generation the population could rise in a very short time

2  4, 16, 256, 65,236 in one hundred years there are a LOT of people people lived so long. Even if the population grew at half that rate that is still a lot of people.

Only three of Adam and Eve's were named because they were part of the story

All of it 'could have been' remains speculation without a single verse anywhere in the Bible for 'back up'.  I love a 2nd witness but the 2nd witness also puts it all into dispute.  And all of this still leaves no reason for Cains genealogy given and Abels not.  And Jude 14.

But like I said, in Gods Time.  

Jesus said 'I have foretold you all things'.  To me, that meant that 'all things' could be found.  Then I kept coming upon other verses that kept coming back to the same beginning of things, along with the thing the 2 churches Christ approved of having in common, which meant many hours of prayer, study, and pondering...  

Genesis 25:1 Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.

Genesis 25:2 And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.

Exodus 2:15 Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.

Exodus 2:16 Now the priest of Midian had seven daughters: and they came and drew water, and filled the troughs to water their father's flock.

Exodus 2:17 And the shepherds came and drove them away: but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock.

Exodus 2:18 And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that ye are come so soon to day?
Reuel - friend of God

Jethro wasn't a kenite  (of the tribe of Cain),  just as Moses wasn't an Egyptian.  THEY dwelt in the lands of those peoples. 

Exodus 2:19 And they said, An Egyptian delivered us out of the hand of the shepherds, and also drew water enough for us, and watered the flock.

Exodus 2:20 And he said unto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that ye have left the man? call him, that he may eat bread.

Exodus 2:21 And Moses was content to dwell with the man: and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter.

Exodus 3:1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

All of it 'could have been' remains speculation without a single verse anywhere in the Bible for 'back up'.  I love a 2nd witness but the 2nd witness also puts it all into dispute.  And all of this still leaves no reason for Cains genealogy given and Abels not.  And Jude 14.

But like I said, in Gods Time.  

Jesus said 'I have foretold you all things'.  To me, that meant that 'all things' could be found.  Then I kept coming upon other verses that kept coming back to the same beginning of things, along with the thing the 2 churches Christ approved of having in common, which meant many hours of prayer, study, and pondering...  

All we have is what God has told us, And he limited that for a reason.  Those things he did not tells, we just have to satisfy ourselves in not knowing. We cannot make sense of everything, because He is God

Mark 13:23, the verse you quoted is Jesus saying that he told us what expect regarding tribulation so that we would not be deceived

God has given us everything we NEED to know, but we do not and will not know everything until we are with Him

2 Peter 1: 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,

1 Corinthians 12: 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Guest kingdombrat

Oddly enough, and from other sources, we understand even Abraham himself was born in what today is modern Iraq.   It's even recorded that Noah and Sham settled after the Flood around this area.   It's also recorded that Abraham is the descendant of Noah, who taught Abraham about God, before God Himself makes Himself known to Abraham in the coming years.  So, that ultimately makes Moses' Father n Law, Jethro, a descendant of Noah, Abraham, Midian, etc.

Just now, Riverwalker said:

All we have is what God has told us, And he limited that for a reason.  Those things he did not tells, we just have to satisfy ourselves in not knowing. We cannot make sense of everything, because He is God

Mark 13:23, the verse you quoted is Jesus saying that he told us what expect regarding tribulation so that we would not be deceived

God has given us everything we NEED to know, but we do not and will not know everything until we are with Him

2 Peter 1: 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,

1 Corinthians 12: 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Yes, but what IF GOD TOLD US a lot more than you are presently aware of?    What of THE hidden treasures you have not come across yet?  

Also,  I believe 'the end'  CAN NOT be understood if the beginning is not.  (hence the verse)

Precept on precept, verse on verse, here a little there a little.   I followed this command through the word of GOD.  Starting in the Old, finishing with the New.  (OK, psalms with their respective counter parts and proverbs along the way)
But until I did it GODS WAY, His truth remained elusive, at least it did for me.  

So I did
Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;

Proverbs 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;

Proverbs 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

Proverbs 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Proverbs 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                            And still do                                                                                                                                        

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.  45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls  46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

All I had that had of value to me was WHAT "I believed the Word of GOD said" but ONCE THAT 1ST PEARL of Gods knowledge was given to me, I SOLD ALL I believed that I couldn't find written AND seeked after what was hidden in the written word.  And many times those 'treasures' changed my understanding.  AS LONG as I can 'document' in His Word what I believe, that is where I stand.  

So that I am able
Matthew 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.