IGNORED

Yes, but is the Matrix's Oracle Reloaded?

George

Guest Eyes on Jesus

Quote:Hey, Eyes!

I appreciate your sentiments.

However, foul language is become so common place around me that I have learned to just phase it out. If I were to become offended ecerytime I heard God's name being used as a swear word, I couldn't even go to the grocery store! I just let it ride over my head and sing/say words of praise unto God.

I don't mean this to justify anything. Just making a comment. :

But you are choosing to sit and listen to it in a movie as a means of enjoyment, there is a big difference between a grocery store and recreational fun!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idolsmasher
But you are choosing to sit and listen to it in a movie as a means of enjoyment, there is a big difference between a grocery store and recreational fun!!!!

But at least she doesn't go around beating people and cursing at them, .... at least I don't think so, do you Neb??? :laugh: Young children should probably not see it, but unfortunately this is the way of the world these days. Negatives aside, the Matrix series rocks... so far.

Guest Eyes on Jesus

Quote: But at least she doesn't go around beating people and cursing at them, .... at least I don't think so, do you Neb??? Young children should probably not see it, but unfortunately this is the way of the world these days. Negatives aside, the Matrix series rocks... so far

No need to change the subject!!!!!

So George, have you seen the Matrix series, or are you just pondering??

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

Deepen your relationship with Jesus Christ, not the world

Pretty poor view if you ask me. If you concentrate only on spirituality, it gets you nothing and I would argue that was never part of god's plan. Knowing the world is very important, not as important as your relationship with God, but very important nonetheless.

Thinking like this can only lead to trouble. I point to history .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Deepen your relationship with Jesus Christ, not the world

Pretty poor view if you ask me. If you concentrate only on spirituality, it gets you nothing and I would argue that was never part of god's plan. Knowing the world is very important, not as important as your relationship with God, but very important nonetheless.

Thinking like this can only lead to trouble. I point to history .

Cerran,

I disagree. Which do you feed? Your flesh or your spirit? The flesh returns to dust but the spirit of the believer returns to God. This thread is old; I'm just responding to your post and wanted to share the Words of the Master with you.

Jesus said, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.' [John 15:18,19]

I, as you, am an engineer and have an engineer's mind but I, unlike you, have decided to focus more on the condition of my spirit and less on my flesh. No, I do not ignore science; I just recognize who is in control of all things physical and spiritual. The danger comes in when we think one dimensionally. We are much more than just a ball of corruptable flesh!

Just my thoughts,

Wayne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There are obviously references in there which hark back to religious ideas, and the theme is about regaining the world for the common man, and undoing some of the wrong that man has done.

However, I think everyone needs to remember that untimately the Matrix movies are for entertainment, and it's pure fiction!