• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1971

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV — “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

"lawlessness"
n. - The condition or quality of being lawless, or of being unrestrained, unauthorized, or uncontrolled by law; want of legality or legitimacy.

"I'm going do what I want!" says the person who's the rebel. This is really an extreme example, yet maybe in a far subtle way, we all are guilty of lawlessness in some areas of our lives. It really is an attitude. Mostly in our perception. Our perception of reality.

The reality of:

- Ministry

- Our walk with God

- Our family

- Our career/job

- Our perception of the world

‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ - doesn't this sound a little like ministry?

What is God's will in your life? 

How far can we 'get away with it' doing the very minimal of God's will?

or better yet;

How much lawlessness can we get away with and still have our Lord say unto us "Well done, good and faithful servant" (Mat 25:21)?

You reading this, this is not just happenstance. I believe nothing really happens as randomness. What has the Holy Spirit pricked in your heart of some action that needs to be re-evaluated? 

Let us peel back the scab of lawlessness.

With me, it is, when I tell people, the things I do for the Lord in ministry. It's usually me explaining how busy I've become. That I can't do this or that for them, because of lack of time. But, in reality, it's me, doing a little bragging. The Holy Spirit pricks my heart, telling me I didn't need to tell them what I do for God in that context. 

Thank God for his immeasurable GRACE!

How about you? To peel back the scab of lawlessness. To expose the wound. This is a process of healing.  Repenting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Interesting use of a metaphor for lawlessness . . . and then there is God's throne of grace.