• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/13/2022 at 5:53 AM, Golds and Blues said:

From what I can discern @bluedragon is code for propane gas.

Funny

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/31/2021 at 5:11 AM, Heleadethme said:

I see the point, those who teach will receive a stricter judgment, and if they are leading others astray they will have more to answer for.  Though everyone will be judged for their own part.....when the priests bear rule by their means, and the people love to have it so,  'the people' will have to answer for themselves as well. 

The whole idea of pulpits and 'pulpit ministry' is an invention of man to start with, in departing from the simplicity of Christ.  So no wonder it eventually leads astray and produces fruit that God didn't intend.    He wants the whole Body to be lifted up and functioning with all its gifts, not just one gift functioning in a way that keeps all the others from functioning.  The right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing applies to everyone including leadership, as well as the concept of being hidden in Christ.  Maybe we could say it applies especially to them since they are to lead by setting the example.  Shepherds in the middle east lead their flocks from behind, that is something to think about.  We've been doing things all wrong in the churches for so long.

i like this ^, we can't hold the "teachers" completely responsible if almost everyone who hears their false message goes along with it, the bible says the majority of people would rather believe a lie than the truth.  Can two walk together lest they be agreed?  The sign of the end coming is false teachers giving people what they're itching ears want to hear and a church full of apostates. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Strict Machine said:

i like this ^, we can't hold the "teachers" completely responsible if almost everyone who hears their false message goes along with it, the bible says the majority of people would rather believe a lie than the truth.  Can two walk together lest they be agreed?  The sign of the end coming is false teachers giving people what they're itching ears want to hear and a church full of apostates. 

I agree, everyone must bear their own responsibility.   Bible says the priests bear rule by their means and the people love to have it so.   But God knows what's what with each heart....eg, those who are younger in the Lord need time to learn the scriptures, to grow and sort things out.

There is that the Lord knows those who are truly His and comes a time when He rescues them from the mouths of wolfish false shepherds.  Jesus even said Himself that He sends us out as sheep among wolves....not as though on purpose perhaps, but knowing that this is how it would be...human nature.  It takes time to crucify the flesh, for anyone, whether 'sheep' or 'wolf'.

Eze 34:10

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, Heaven_Bound said:

57% of Preachers Currently don't believe in SIN]...

This is most sad to hear...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Look at all the people underneath these preachers being swayed away from Christ.  Look how people go about their daily lives telling friends, co-workers, etc what their Pastor teaches.   This is why we are crashing and burning so fast.

It is most sad to hear that almost 6/10 preachers don't believe in sin. I guess, it would be fair to call them false teachers, as the Scriptures make it very clear that sin is a sad reality. 

Yes, I agree, the Pastor/Preacher does have a great influence upon his flock, the sheep of his pasture. Shepherd's lead their flock... Are they leading them in the Lords Way? Or leading them astray...?

Some are true shepherds, some are hirelings....

Either way...they will have to give account for souls entrusted to them....

Edited by B-B
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 3/30/2021 at 3:40 AM, Justin Adams said:

Let us not ignore this fact, my dear brethren; but let us lay it to heart, and be thoroughly awake to our responsibility in respect to the morals of this nation. --Charles G. Finney, December 4, 1873

Finney must have just read Jonah before this. Indeed the church is responsible for sharing the truth. The people are responsible for what they do with it, but the church is responsible to tell them the truth. Shalom

2 Corinthians 5:[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
[18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
[19] To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
[20] Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Jonah 1:[1] Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
[2] Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.

Jonah 3:[1] And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
[2] Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
[3] So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
[4] And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
[5] So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
[6] For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
[7] And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
[8] But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
[9] Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
[10] And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Romans 10:[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
[14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

• Thumbs Up 2