• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

45 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

And as I said, whoever heard of a bank robber wearing a surgical mask? 

I bear witness to mask-wearing in many parts of Asia, having lived in SE Asia long before the pandemic. Airborne pollution is one factor; population density is another. This is another case of cultural bias on the part of some (not all) Americans who are accustomed to the wide open spaces so common in North America. This is not the case in other parts of the world... streets are narrow and people live in very close proximity to one another. 

This applies to Europe as well. Remember the oversized American cars of years gone by? They weren't popular overseas where compact cars were the rule of the day. When I returned to the States from Europe, I remember what a shock it was to my senses. Everything seemed so spread out and wide!  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Masks were once worn to conceal identity but now they reveal far more than they hide.

Mask-wearers - hupocrites.

Edit:

Jesus uses the word hupocrites (hypocrite), which is actually the Greek word for "actor," in the ancient world of theater. Outdoor Greek theaters seated tens of thousands of people, and the acoustics were nothing short of amazing. Even today tourists sit in the far reaches of the stadium seating while tour guides crumble pieces of paper on stage. The tourists can hear the crumbling throughout the vast expanse of the theaters.

Although the acoustics were fantastic, the actors stood far away from the audiences. As a result, it was not possible to see their facial expressions, so they wore very tall masks that exaggerated human features so that everyone near and far could see the emotion the actor was supposed to be projecting. The hupocrites wore masks as a matter of course. Makes good sense for actors — actors are supposed to project an emotion so clearly that everyone can see it.

But Jesus warns us about doing so in our daily lives as a show. He’s not saying don’t be real or show emotion. What He’s saying is “don’t just act life.”

https://c-cluster-110.uploads.documents.cimpress.io/v1/uploads/1521b108-a69a-44a7-9d03-6a9c6c5131e4~110/original?tenant=vbu-digital

Edited by PeterR
For Chicken coop2 ...to understand

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

This is going nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 2