IGNORED

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven?

Guest FootprintsInTheSand

I realize this may seem a silly and irrelevant question to ask, but where will the animals end up after they are no longer living? I realize animals are not moral beings, and if this is true, then they do not sin...or do they? Horses are my hobby, passion, way of life, and one of the few things that keep me going (of course second to my family, who are second to God.) They're beautiful, understand creatures, and I can see no way that they couldn't have been created by God. I just can't seem to fathom how the animals that God gave us to serve us, who do it so well could end up in any place but Heaven. Just something I've always wondered about...

Edited by FootprintsInTheSand

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Hi, footprints! I like the name-I have that song by Bill Anderson and love it.

First off, I see no Biblical mandate in a pro or con sign either one. I for one think there will be animals in Heaven but I can't pull chapter and verse for ya!

I think you'll find some interesting ideas on this. BTW, welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hello!

I like your name too. I read that poem on the back of a toilet once (hahahaha) before i was saved and it touched my heart.

I cant pull any verses for you either but i was taught and shown scripture that practically says that these earthly animals do not go to heaven, when they die, thats it. They cant, they dont have a Spirit. They are made by God, for us to rule over, eat ect. But there are most certainly animals in heaven, I guess they must have been created in heaven, for heaven.

Hope that makes sense!

Welcome to worthy, its wonderful here!! :laugh:

Blessings,

Bluebird

XoXo

Thank you, the poem is my favorite and I find it quite inspirint. In fact, whenever I look back on my life, there's a pretty noticeable consistancy...during the hard times, there was always something that came about to help me get through. Whether that something was a person, my horse, or something as simple as a beautiful flower, it's all too true.

It's really something that troubles me as I just can't seem to understand how a creature this kind, pure and innocent couldn't end up in heaven. But, I really want to know the truth, not just believe it to be the way I wish it to be. One part of me knows that an animal doesn't have a spirit, but then again...what is it that makes the same, flightly horse so docile, quite and calm when a child is placed on her back? I just don't know. Hoping I can get more insight on this. :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/lil2...e_2004_0009.jpg

"A strange stillness dwells in the eye of a horse,

A composure that appears

To regard the world from

A measured distance ....

It is a gaze from the depths

of a dream ..."

Hans - Heinrich Isenbart

Edited by FootprintsInTheSand

How can something that can see spirits have no spirit?

I know for sure that there are horses in heaven, there is one for the king and millions for his followers, it says so in Revelation 19

And I saw heaven opened, and BEHOLD! a white horse: and he that sat upon him was called Fatithful and True, and in righteousness he does jugde and make war ~ 11

And the Armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses,clothed in fine linen, white and clean. ~14

:laugh:

Just a couple of months ago I had to make a descision , one of my dogs was very sick and the vets couldn't figure out what was wrong. We prayed, and the L-RD said :

Send him home.

That answers the question for me.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well I for one think that heaven is going to make us happy, and that we CAN pull from scripture. So if horses make you happy, if dogs make you happy, if cats make you happy then they will be there. All animals make me happy...love em all.

Although sometimes my dog doesn't act at all sorry for the naughty things he does :laugh:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I think there are animals in heaven...for one thing, God takes care of them ("Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them..." ), and He took greak care in the garden, to make sure that they were well looked after. I know that's kinda a weak argument...but yeah. I also believe that animals have souls (and souls have to go somewhere) because of their distinct personalities: you take two dogs of the same breed and gender, raise them the same way in the same home, and they still come out different. I know that from experience.

Zayit :39: I know how you feel...we had to put our older Dalmatian down not that long ago...she was our first puppy, and a dear friend for fourteen years. We've also had to have two horses put down in the last year ;) I, too, got the feeling that they are all in the Lord's hands.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven?

Only the nice ones... :39:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Well I for one think that heaven is going to make us happy, and that we CAN pull from scripture.  So if horses make you happy,  if dogs make you happy, if cats make you happy then they will be there.  All animals make me happy...love em all.

Although sometimes my dog doesn't act at all sorry for the naughty things he does ;)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate to be a stick in the mud but this seems like weak theology. To some people scantilly clad women make them happy. Does that mean heaven will have scantilly clad women? If animals have souls, how do they repent for their sins? If they don't have to repent then why would God let some nice unbelieving person burn while Fido spent his life biting and tormenting the mailman gets to go to heaven? Why would we care if there's animals in Heaven if we are in the presence of the Most High? :39: