IGNORED

If you die angry at someone will you automatically go to hell?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Even Jesus got angry at the moneychangers. Anger is a basic human emotion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,480
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 6:15 (KJV) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

It's clear it is not a Salvation issue from other scripture. I don't know the answer, it's comparable to what happens when we die with unconfessed sin?

1 John 1:9 (KJV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Perhaps it is our standing in the will of God while in our bodies here on earth? I do know pent up hatred, anger and unforgiveness is like a cancer, and eats the person up having it more than the object of their anger. I'm not a doctor but, I highly suspect long term anger and unforgiveness will eventually lead to physical, mental and emotional problems eventually, possibly even early death.

Forgiving is not only commanded and Biblical, but a physical and emotional relief mechanism.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/17/2021 at 1:08 AM, Figure of eighty said:

My cousin passed months ago and was angry at her mother-- 

I know the answer seemsplain as day but..

A part of me wonders--maybe God had mercy on her. 

Idk just something i wonder a lot.

Is this the verse that concerns you?

Matthew 5:22 (AV)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I never understood the variance in translations of the following verse before (til now):

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NASB95)
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

Simply "studying" the Word of God is not enough. HOW you study the Word of God is...

2 Peter 1:20-21, John 15:26, John 14:17, John 16:13, 1 John 4:6 all teach us that even studying the Word of God without the tutelage and guidance of the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible (inspired the 40 prophets who wrote the scriptures) is in grave error. For it them  is the subject of the interpretations and traditions of man.

Mark 7:13 (NASB95)
13 thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

The question you ask about your cousin (I'm sorry for your loss, btw) is a perfect example of how man has botched scriptural interpretation.

Hebrews 9:16–17 (NASB95)
16 For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.
17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

Something as simple as rightly diving the Word of Truth, man can't get right. The Old Testament does not end at Malachi 4 and the New Testament does not begin at Matthew 1 but both occur on the cross of Christ (Matthew 27:50 / Mark 15:37 / Luke 23:46 / John 19:30).  That is where the Word of truth is rightly divided. You might write  these scriptures on the fancy New Testament title page the traditions of man have had printed in most Bibles...

BTW "dividing the Word" is also a way of saying "interpreting the Word" but the point here is about literally dividing between New and Old Covenants (Testaments).

Now the answer to your dilemma...

The verse that concerns you is in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew chapters 5-7). The Sermon on the Mount is an Old Testament divine commentary on the Law which puts the teeth back into the Law that the Sanhedrin had removed over time with their traditions. This is why Jesus often said "You have heard... but I say..."

The letter of the Law (Old Testament) kills, but the spirit of the Law (Grace) gives life 2 Corinthians 3:6):

Galatians 3:24–28 (NASB95)
24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

God gave the Law in part to prove man cannot achieve righteousness. It is a futile waste of time. That man's only hope is Christ and to trust in his mercy.

This is the point Jesus was making that UNDER THE LAW even anger with your brother is enough for hell fire. 

If your cousin believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, do not worry. She is in heaven with Jesus (John 3:16-18).