• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

Ultimately, Evolution is about CHANCE and about Natural Selection

That's a common misconception, but it's very false.  Darwin's great discovery was that it isn't by chance.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

You've been misled there.   Microevolution is evolution within a species.  Macroevolution is the evolution of new species, genera, families, etc.

Like I said, you have not seen macro-evolution.  No one has. 

• Group:  Royal Member

49 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Like I said, you have not seen macro-evolution.  No one has. 

No point in denial.   It's been directly observed.   Even AIG now admits that new species and genera and sometimes families evolve from existing ones.

Definition
noun, plural: macroevolutions
Evolution happening on a large scale, e.g. at or above the level of a species, over geologic time resulting in the divergence of taxonomic groups.
Supplement
Macroevolution involves variation of allele frequencies at or above the level of a species, where an allele is a specific iteration of a given gene. It is an area of study concerned with variation in frequencies of alleles that are shared between species and with speciation events, and also includes extinction. It is contrasted with microevolution, which is mainly concerned with the small-scale patterns of evolution within a species or population.

https://www.biologyonline.com/dictionary/macroevolution

28 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

No point in denial.   It's been directly observed.  

It's never been observed.  It's been claimed of Micro-evolution, though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

You've missed a few things.    Darwin's big discovery was that it isn't by chance.     The evolution of new species (Macroevolution) is not fundamentally different than microevolution.    Indeed, in the case of ring species, microevolutionary change can retroactively become macroevolutionary if an intermediate population goes extinct.

Works exactly the same way.   Mutation and natural selection.   Would you like some examples?

The eye, for example, was cited by Darwin as a structure so intricate that it seems impossible to have evolved by successive small changes.  Nevertheless, that is what the data show.    In mollusks, for example, all steps in the process are still found in different members of that phylum, vindicating Darwin's confidence that such transitional forms would be found.   Would you like me to show you?

Hi there ?

Sorry for any misunderstanding, the quotes I gave in my post, were taken from an article produced by AiG, (I wasn't quoting myself).

The full article, by AiG, can be found here:

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/natural-selection-and-macroevolution/

1 hour ago, B-B said:

Sorry for any misunderstanding, the quotes I gave in my post, were taken from an article produced by AiG, (I wasn't quoting myself).

Ah.  When you quote AiG, it's always a really good idea to fact-check them first.    They have a long history of inaccuracy and occasional dishonesty.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Sparks said:

It's never been observed.  It's been claimed of Micro-evolution, though.

But now you know better:

Definition
Evolution happening on a large scale, e.g. at or above the level of a species, over geologic time resulting in the divergence of taxonomic groups.
Supplement
Macroevolution involves variation of allele frequencies at or above the level of a species, where an allele is a specific iteration of a given gene. It is an area of study concerned with variation in frequencies of alleles that are shared between species and with speciation events, and also includes extinction. It is contrasted with microevolution, which is mainly concerned with the small-scale patterns of evolution within a species or population.

Even AiG now admits that evolution produces new species, genera, and sometimes families:

Before the time of Charles Darwin, a false idea had crept into the church—the belief in the “fixity” or “immutability” of species. According to this view, each species was created in precisely the same form that we find it today. The Bible nowhere teaches that species are fixed and unchanging.

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/speciation/

They just claim that this "is not real evolution."   Which is complete nonsense.   Do you know what the scientific definition of biological evolution is?

With their backs against the wall, AiG has to redefine words in an attempt to make their beliefs fit reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Ah.  When you quote AiG, it's always a really good idea to fact-check them first.    They have a long history of inaccuracy and occasional dishonesty.

I don't know if you have read the article, but if you desired to, you will be able to see the context of the quotes.

If this article which AiG has written is riddled with error, I'll be grateful if you could bring these errors to my attention. 

I'm here to learn ?

Not that it matters, given AiG's retreat, but here's an example of observed macroevolution:

http://www.esp.org/foundations/genetics/classical/holdings/Genetics/Genetics-1935-20-4-377.pdf

14 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

But now you know better:

Definition
Supplement

Even AiG now admits that evolution produces new species, genera, and sometimes families:

Before the time of Charles Darwin, a false idea had crept into the church—the belief in the “fixity” or “immutability” of species. According to this view, each species was created in precisely the same form that we find it today. The Bible nowhere teaches that species are fixed and unchanging.

https://answersingenesis.org/natural-selection/speciation/

They just claim that this "is not real evolution."   Which is complete nonsense.   Do you know what the scientific definition of biological evolution is?

With their backs against the wall, AiG has to redefine words in an attempt to make their beliefs fit reality.

Sorry, as I said, it's unobserved.  People often mistake micro for macro, though.