IGNORED

Are we truly in the unity of faith here?

Riverwalker

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

On 6/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Selah7 said:

I think the Oy vey! reaction button should disappear, too.  Not too nice and makes people angry. :foot-stomp: 

That is one thing I disagree with.  I nearly always use it when someone make a really bad pun, since the only good puns are the really bad ones.  

There are a few incidents I have also used it.  One is that of bigotry, especially against Israel or Jews.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, Willa said:
On 6/5/2021 at 2:41 AM, Hopefully said:

All correction is good in that it keeps us humble, whether they are correct or not.  It keeps us seeking God's face for knowledge of the truth.  I am not the best person to receive such correction gracefully when they are dead wrong and lying.  Oh, well.  God continues to teach me valuable lessons in spite of them.

When a problem is presented rather than just talk about it I like to offer possible solutions if I think I have one. The post appears to be about arguing and back and forth bickering and my solution was not to make things personal by quoting people to disagree and to just say what we have to say.

Ms Willa I am not at all offended by what you have said but I’d like to use it as an example of something you could have said without quoting me.

Are we going to do something different here or do the same and expect different results is what I’m getting at.

Edited by Hopefully

I was quoting you to reply to what you said, not what others have said.  It was not to be an affront to you personally but to speak about what you said.  We are all allowed to disagree about the subject.  We are not allowed to make attacks on you personally.  

Sometimes people take things personally when someone disagrees with them. They all need to get over that.  It is our pride that is injured in such a case and we all need to renounce all pride.  I hate for my pride to be injured, but that is the only way I will know it is there and needs to die.  Believe me when I say that harmony comes when our pride dies.  Love prevails when pride dies.  Pride was the sin of satan and is the root of contention and rebellion.  It must die for all of  us to be in harmony.

I am deeply sorry if I have wounded you in any way.  Speaking from personal experience does not make it true in others.  Please forgive me.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Willa said:

I am deeply sorry if I have wounded you in any way.  Speaking from personal experience does not make it true in others.  Please forgive me.

Why would you think this? Do you believe what I just typed? Don’t you see what you had typed before would make perfect sense here to the topic without me being attached.

like I said before if something is truly a correction it’s good for everyone to see and does not need to be attached to a specific person this is my opinion and my contribution to this post to offer a solution to curb the arguments that are here. 

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

Why would you think this? Do you believe what I just typed? Don’t you see what you had typed before would make perfect sense here to the topic without me being attached.

like I said before if something is truly a correction it’s good for everyone to see and does not need to be attached to a specific person this is my opinion and my contribution to this post to offer a solution to curb the arguments that are here. 

You are correct.  However, often other replies have wandered to another subject completely so I try to reply to the original post in most cases.  Like I said, I replied to the subject, not to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we keep quoting people we attach them and may make them feel obligated to reply and that’s how arguments start. For example if you hadn’t quoted me I still would have read it but I would not have replied. I  usually follow threads I have commented on and will see what people say. 

It’s just my opinion that not quoting to disagree would help maybe not. I never said anything about not wanting correction so pride is not an issue for me ( see my “don’t touch” post where I learned something), but with all respect it’s only correction to those who agree with what’s being said. 

That’s another reason there are arguments here because two don’t agree, and based off what I’ve seen since December many are right not to agree with some who oppose them. Both are usually thinking they are following Gods word and using Bible to prove it but people are interpreting the Bible in different ways.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 1