• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Serving Him,

You are on the right track. The pretribbers must conclude that there is a SECRET rapture. They must also believe that they will ESCAPE the tribulation that is to come. Scripture refutes both of these notions and preaches just the opposite.

Keep studying, it sounds like you are listening to the Holy Spirit instead of Man.

For those who remain "mortal" during the 1,000 reign of Christ and all His saints, they will either pay homage to Christ or they will be killed. Remember Satan is bound during that 1,000 years, but as we can see their hearts don't change because at the end of it, when Satan is loosed one last time, they revert to their true selves and once again all the nations come against Christ and His Saints, only at that time, Jesus will "SAY THE WORD" and they will be destroyed. THEN comes the FINAL GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

P.S. You may want to read Zechariah.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Servinghim,

The way I understand it, the 1,000 year reign will be after the rapture but before the final judgement. Because after the final judgement God destroys the Earth.

so then how will those 'left behind' be 'raptured' and live eternally BEFORE the 'coming' of Christ...isn't the rapture when Christ COMES...and then there are those LEFT BEHIND...and then do those people GET RAPTURED PRIOR to the FINAL JUDGMENT?

so, are you dusty and dad-ernie "post-trib' believers"...if so, is there some sort of 'statement of beliefs' out there that you study to understand this, or does everyone sort of come to their own conclusions? I'm still not completely understanding as many of my questions remain unanswered... :rofl:

Guest dustycanvas
so then how will those 'left behind' be 'raptured' and live eternally BEFORE the 'coming' of Christ...isn't the rapture when Christ COMES...and then there are those LEFT BEHIND...and then do those people GET RAPTURED PRIOR to the FINAL JUDGMENT?

The ones who are left behind will not be raptured. There is only one rapture. As to whether they will have a chance at salvation...well, I dont know but if you revert to the parable of the 10 wise/foolish virgins...well that teaches against a second chance. I personally think that only ones that will have a chance at salvation after the rapture is the Jews.

Sabrina

You are on the right track.

thank you...

The pretribbers must conclude that there is a SECRET rapture. They must also believe that they will ESCAPE the tribulation that is to come. Scripture refutes both of these notions and preaches just the opposite.

yes, I believe that scripture teaches that we are IN tribulation (Matt 13:21, Matt 24:9, John 16:33, Rom 2:9, Rom 8:35, Rom 12:12, Rev 1:9, Rev 2:9, etc...) and that a 'greater tribulation' will come right before the 2nd Coming of Christ, which is RIGHT BEFORE the FINAL judgment...so IMHO, it seems that the 1000 year reign is now, ever since Christ ascended to the Father...and I don't think that 1000 years means exactly 1000 literal years, but "a very long time". :rofl:

Keep studying, it sounds like you are listening to the Holy Spirit instead of Man.

I will...for frankly, I don't know if ANYONE truly has the EXACT TRUTH regarding this...

For those who remain "mortal" during the 1,000 reign of Christ and all His saints, they will either pay homage to Christ or they will be killed.

This sounds militant and 'power-hungry', that Christ would KILL those who don't pay HOMAGE to Him ... this does NOT sound like the God that I know, or the Christ that came to SERVE OTHERS. Are you saying then that those who don't pay homage to him are thrown into the eternal fire, even if they haven't had a chance to 'come to know Christ'? Will they all be living in utter fear of God? So they pay homage out of fear?! I'm having a hard time with this 1000 year thing...

Remember Satan is bound during that 1,000 years, but as we can see their hearts don't change because at the end of it, when Satan is loosed one last time, they revert to their true selves and once again all the nations come against Christ and His Saints, only at that time, Jesus will "SAY THE WORD" and they will be destroyed. THEN comes the FINAL GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT.

sounds like a wicked-evil test that Christ puts upon his children? I don't agree that this is how it will be, but then again, my salvation doesn't depend on this...

I personally think that only ones that will have a chance at salvation after the rapture is the Jews.

and no one else?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Serving Him,

me too, dusty...so please excuse any thing I say that is unclear...this stuff is intriguing...  but not essential in our walk with Christ, IMHO...

The thing about "prophesy" is:

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

This is also repeated by Jesus as He tells His disciples: "See I have told you beforehand so that when it happens, you will be prepared."

We also see this:

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

In almost every book of the Bible there is at least -some- prophecy. I am guessing that the WHOLE Bible consists perhaps of 45-60% prophecy.

Now consider the "Gospel of Jesus Christ":

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1 Corinthians 9:12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

There are other verses as well, but the point is WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Well, in my studies I have concluded it consists of these 5 points:

1) The birth of Jesus Christ

2) The life of Jesus Christ

3) The death of Jesus Christ

4) The resurrection of Jesus Christ

5) The 2nd advent of Jesus Christ

Now if you don't think these last two should be a part of the "full gospel", then consider:

1 Cor 15:17-22 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

What is Paul talking about here? He is speaking specifically to THE RESURRECTION. If Christ was NOT resurrected, THEN WE SHALL NOT BE ALSO, and thus ARE MEN MOST MISERABLE, who preach the Gospel, yet there would be NO HOPE - No Blessed Hope, that is.

So considering all these things, it is also a good idea to have a handle on the prophecies of the scriptures.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

So considering all these things, it is also a good idea to have a handle on the prophecies of the scriptures.

thank you dad ernie...and to reply, I AM trying to 'get a handle' on these things...but 'in the end', what we're judged on is our FAITH in ACTION, and we all have different gifts ... 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; he who teaches, in his teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who contributes, in liberality; he who gives aid, with zeal; he who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:6-8 . . . so, I'm trying to understand this, but don't think that my 'salvation' hinges on what I know and can preach about prophesy..otherwise, I would know that my 'gift' was prophesy and would be very different than what I am...frankly, I think my gift is serving, giving 'aid' and mercifulness towards those who are less fortunate than myself... anyway, that's what I see in my life right now. Perhaps later, the gift of prophecy will be given me, but I don't know...but for now, don't think it is, but still I enjoy learning as much as I can because my intellect and spirit lead me towards that... Thanks for all your responses...they have helped. :il: